Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 193
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40 (Online)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 179
Schools: ISB '23 (WL)
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V36
GMAT 3: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.11
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Hii Everyone ,

My Gmat score is same however percentile changed in AWA ,IR and Quantitative . Is this possible after getting results also .??

""*The percentiles shown represent the proportion of test taken in the previous three years with scores lower than this score.""
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41 (Online)
Send PM
Hanz95 wrote:
Hi All,

I just completed my online GMAT yesterday. For a lot of questions, in both verbal and quant, there was a delay between my click and the selection showing up. A similar delay happened after clicking on the next question option as well. All in all, the response to click was not great. Did anyone else face similar issues? I just wanted to know if this has something to do with my internet connection or if it is an issue from the GMAT side.

Best,
Hanz

My girlfriend did the test about 3 weeks ago and had the exact same problem.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hanz95 wrote:
Hi All,

I just completed my online GMAT yesterday. For a lot of questions, in both verbal and quant, there was a delay between my click and the selection showing up. A similar delay happened after clicking on the next question option as well. All in all, the response to click was not great. Did anyone else face similar issues? I just wanted to know if this has something to do with my internet connection or if it is an issue from the GMAT side.

Best,
Hanz

I faced the same issue today. At one question, I chose an option and it keep showing that you need to choose before you proceed. This wasted close to five minutes as later on I had to force shut my laptop. Moreover, when I continued, a new question was shown to me and not the old one. So I had to put in time to solve again.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hanz95 wrote:
Hi All,

Best,
Hanz

How was your score tho?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 530 Q35 V28
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hey All, Iwrote my Online Exam on Sinday and received a 710 (Q46, V41, IR8). Now I checked the mba portal and it says my official score report is out. However, it states that I got 0 in AWA. Obviously, that can't be correct. Do any of you have the same issue? Does it mean the score is not out yet or might there be a real issue?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
immensitas wrote:
Hey All, Iwrote my Online Exam on Sinday and received a 710 (Q46, V41, IR8). Now I checked the mba portal and it says my official score report is out. However, it states that I got 0 in AWA. Obviously, that can't be correct. Do any of you have the same issue? Does it mean the score is not out yet or might there be a real issue?

This seems new. I assume you did not forget to type your essay … usually they would not release the score until the AWA was graded. I would go ahead and bug GMAT about it… I will contact the support. This does not seem right. There’s no harm in contacting them since this is pretty confusing.

Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Unfortunately, the "zero on AWA" scoring bug / glitch has persisted for several years, and is apparently more prevalent than GMAC would like to admit.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/received-a-0 ... 79992.html

https://gmatclub.com/forum/awa-score-0- ... 79991.html

https://gmatclub.com/forum/awa-score-is ... 75329.html

I also had a private student encounter this bug after requesting an official rescore on their essay (their original score was 4.5): https://gmatclub.com/forum/has-anyone-e ... 46007.html

The good news is that as far as I know, in every case the problem has eventually been resolved by GMAC—even if it can sometimes take weeks.

After all, the only way you should receive an AWA score of zero (0/6 in half-point increments, which is 0% according to GMAC) is if you had skipped the AWA entirely and thus written no essay at all—or perhaps written the essay in a language other than English, situations that I doubt apply in your case.

Please do keep us updated...

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
immensitas wrote:

Hey,

I have come across the same issue. Please let me know if you have reached out to GMAC regarding this or are you waiting for a few more days. GMAT online is turning into a nightmare :?

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Jazpants wrote:
Just sharing my experience, I took the GMAT online yesterday. I took it on an internet connection with 40 Mbps speed as tested on fast.com. During the test I had zero glitches, and I had a really kind proctor. I seem to be in the minority here with a smooth experience, but I do think maybe the internet speed might play some role in it?

On the other hand, I got a 730 on the online exam, while was getting 740, 760 and 760 on mocks. I did find the quant questions more difficult than the mocks, and froze on some questions as I had no idea how to answer.

Hi Jazpants,

The GMAT Online does need a stable connection, but 40 Mbps is much more than the minimum recommended speed (2 Mbps, symmetric). Some people have measured the amount of data used by the earlier version of the GMAT Online, and I think the current version may use at most twice as much data (maybe 3 GB?).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
Jazpants wrote:
Just sharing my experience, I took the GMAT online yesterday. I took it on an internet connection with 40 Mbps speed as tested on fast.com. During the test I had zero glitches, and I had a really kind proctor. I seem to be in the minority here with a smooth experience, but I do think maybe the internet speed might play some role in it?

On the other hand, I got a 730 on the online exam, while was getting 740, 760 and 760 on mocks. I did find the quant questions more difficult than the mocks, and froze on some questions as I had no idea how to answer.

Hi Jazpants,

The GMAT Online does need a stable connection, but 40 Mbps is much more than the minimum recommended speed (2 Mbps, symmetric). Some people have measured the amount of data used by the earlier version of the GMAT Online, and I think the current version may use at most twice as much data (maybe 3 GB?).

Agreed, 40Mbps is probably way over the requirements! Just sharing what worked for me. Also, I am generally lucky to have a stable connection, with latency of around 38 ms and no noticeable disconnections through the day.
Current Student
Affiliations: Senior Manager, CA by profession, CFA(USA) Level 2
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q44 V23
GMAT 2: 530 Q39 V24
GMAT 3: 580 Q46 V24 (Online)
GMAT 4: 640 Q50 V26
GPA: 3.82
WE:Other (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Jazpants wrote:
AjiteshArun wrote:
Jazpants wrote:

Hi Jazpants,

Agreed, 40Mbps is probably way over the requirements! Just sharing what worked for me. Also, I am generally lucky to have a stable connection, with latency of around 38 ms and no noticeable disconnections through the day.

Hey Hii I have sent you few queries in regards to GMAT Online exam in personal chat...Kindly answer......I am scheduling my GMAT Online exam by first week of August
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
FYI: I have started a separate topic for the ZERO-AWA Bug. It seems to be affecting a decent number of people:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/0-score-on-a ... 64823.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Given Kudos: 227
Send PM
Bambi2021 wrote:
Is it confirmed that the secure browser works with the Home-version of Windows 10?

And one more question: Will the test screen have the same size even if my screen is huge (29"). I wonder because its much harder to read on a big screen.

Can confirm both. Secure browser works with Win 10 Home. And the test window will cover the entire screen. However, this did not affect my performance. Actually I did not even think about the text size on RC passages. The passage is quite concentrated to a smaller part of the screen.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
obsidianstorm wrote:
The electricity near my home gets cut if there are heavy rains. And this being the rainy season, there are some power issues. If there is a power cut and hence internet loss during the test, does the test get continued? I am planning on keeping my mobile internet as backup in such cases so the internet can get switched easily. But this might take 1-2 minutes. Is this okay?

Can someone add light on this?

I can give my test at my friend's place who has a backup generator but it will take 5 minutes to reboot and everything.

So what happens when there's a power cut, does your exam timer stops there? I experienced power cut while attempting a veritas Mock and timer somehow didn't go off.

If there's a power cut, automatically proctor will not be able to see you, shouldn't this pause your exam and only restarts once your power is backed up,

Also i read you could use mobile hotspot as backup but, you can't access any application while you're giving the test, you can switch to mobile while you're disconnected but how do you connect back to broadband wifi - Take proctor permission :lol: ? Can i use my main wifi Mam :D

Originally posted by hD13 on 27 Jul 2021, 13:14.
Last edited by hD13 on 27 Jul 2021, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ALONG wrote:
Hello guys.
I took GMAT online on 17 July and although I had some technical issues (i.e. Verbal froze twice, restarted my PC twice etc), I confirmed with Examity that my exam was successfully completed. (The auditor have already approved my exam.)
However, my account status classifies my attempt as a "technical error". Have anyone experienced the same issue? I emailed Customercare but no reply so far. I am still waiting for the official score report, but I’m a bit worried GMAC might cancel my score.

Many thanks.

Interesting. Usually they are pretty difficult to recognize errors, esp tech errors. A lot of times people have a nightmare attempt (along the lines of what you mentioned, restarting and freezing, losing time) and it comes back as "no issue" and thus no retake or refund.

Did you get your score or it just says that? Were you happy with the score?
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
ALONG wrote:
Hello guys.
I took GMAT online on 17 July and although I had some technical issues (i.e. Verbal froze twice, restarted my PC twice etc), I confirmed with Examity that my exam was successfully completed. (The auditor have already approved my exam.)
However, my account status classifies my attempt as a "technical error". Have anyone experienced the same issue? I emailed Customercare but no reply so far. I am still waiting for the official score report, but I’m a bit worried GMAC might cancel my score.

Many thanks.

Hi ALONG,

Unfortunately, receiving a "technical error" status message from GMAC instead of an official score is generally not a good sign, though it's a bit of a catch-all term that the company uses for an invalid score of any type.

It is always possible that your score could be reinstated (who knows what goes on behind the closed curtain at GMAC / Examity), but I would expect the worst and hope for the best.

Good luck.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 413
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Send PM
Hey

Is there any update from GMAC on 3rd GMAT Online attempt?

Gagan
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  174   175   176   177   178  ...  183