Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [1]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
DanielEMZ wrote:
I admit it was too much to read, so I'll ask this stupid question but how does GMAC make sure no one uses their Internet while taking the Online Gmat?

Hi DanielEMZ,

The GMAT Online is conducted on a separate browser called onVUE, and one cannot access any other application throughout the exam as long as onVUE is running. Unless you are some computer geek who can bypass all of the security measures without being detected, it is not possible to access internet in the same computer. Honestly, anyone willing to take the exam seriously wouldn't risk such a thing.
As for using any other device, be aware that the entire exam is recorded and is then perhaps reviewed by someone or some software to make sure that the exam taker is not violating any of the exam rules. Only after this reviewing process, the scores are sent out.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [1]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Yeah. MBA.com. After 7 business days. ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
On exam day:
We recommend logging into your account 30 minutes early to start the check-in process and to allow for any troubleshooting. If you are more than 15 minutes late after your scheduled exam time you will be unable to begin your exam and are unlikely to receive a refund.
To log into your account:
Click on the “View Appointment Details” button under "Future GMAT Online Exams"
Click on the link for your scheduled exam on your Dashboard
Click “Begin Exam” and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the check-in process
Once you have completed the check-in process you will be contacted by a Proctor to begin your exam.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Kudos
I appeared for exam on 15th and still awaiting for result. How many days it takes to get score?

One of my friend got score in 3 days
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [1]
Given Kudos: 333
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Web Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks bb. That was crazy but great that he finally got the scores, pretty good score by the way.

The debrief is good for others to know what to do and not to get tensed about it, if that happens. Thanks for sharing :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Solirah wrote:
No i have taken that, I actually want to cancel my results.

Please see the very first page of this discussion.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Solirah wrote:
Does it mean that I can not cancel my scores? Im very stressed about it. So if I retake my trst at Test center later when they are open, is this score will also be available for schools along my new test. This is very frustrating.

I believe it does mean that you should read again if you still have doubts. Someone's will can change many things but that is pretty clear.
If you read a bit more you will understand why it should not be so frustrating. Bombing it is something that can happen to any of us.

Good luck with your study and your next attempt!

Regards,
Pablo
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
Yaliguzman25 wrote:
Excuse me.
Do you know where can I find the button or page to Schedule the Gmat online, I cant find} Thank you

Hi Yaliguzman25

The link to GMAT Online registration can be found in your GMAT My Account Page.
My Account -> REGISTER NOW OR VIEW APPOINTMENT DETAIILS under Exams -> "GMAT Online : Graduate Management Admission Test" under Pre-approved Exams.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
pabpinor wrote:
Hi, I'm taking tomorrow the online gmat, I guess I'm being paranoid but has anyone experienced issues with having a large window on the testing room?

My idea is to seat giving the back to the window so I can have more natural light and won't see any bird or the neighbors across, also the proctor would be able to see it through the webcam. I was checking everything tonight and the "walled room" word gave me some doubts...

Regards,
Pablo

I had a window in the room that I was giving the test in and it was not an issue. That said, I did not have my back against the window but don't expect it to be a problem as long as the proctor can see your face properly and there isn't a strong glare. Is there a way you can move the desk in a way that the window is on the side instead of directly behind you?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
EcemEmur wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
EcemEmur wrote:
Thank you. About the "walled room" issue, can I place my desk in front of a closet, which is grey and has no pictures on it? The closet looks like a wall. I don't have a comfortable place in front of the wall.

Also, remember not to have the closed "within arms reach", so allegedly you should need to leave the camera to access anything in it.

Regards,
Pablo

Thank you for your response. Since the close will be behind my back, technically I can reach it, but if I try to reach it, the proctor will immediately see it. Do you think it will be a problem?

I do not think it will be a problem, from what I heard proctors are reasonable and cool.

Best of luck tonight!

Regards,
Pablo
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
For those who have taken the online test over the past couple of weeks, what was your wait time until you got your score? Thanks

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
mcelroytutoring wrote:
nsaharan1990 wrote:
Gotcha, I think I saw in the interview with Vineet from GMAC that they had plans to integrate the online score in official report if people wish to do so but perhaps that's still under conideration.

I would certainly hope and expect that this is not true–-I have several private students who have chosen to take the GMAT Online specifically because the score is NOT indicated on the test-taker score report, which is now requested by some business schools as part of the application process (and because it does not count toward the yearly limit of 5 GMAT attempts).

Without the option to cancel scores on the online exam, it would be unfair for GMAC to suddenly reverse course and start including the GMAT Online scores on the test-taker score report, so I highly doubt that this will happen.

Thus, those who have lower scores on the GMAT Online should rest assured that they are in control of these scores, and that business schools will not see the scores unless the applicant chooses to send them (GMAC is offering unlimited free score sends for the online exam).

From what I understood, it was only meant to be the case for the test takers who wished to have their Online GMAT scores included in the official report, not for everyone in general so in any case those who don't want their Online GMAT score to appear in the official report can have it that way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Kudos
I took the online exam yesterday. the proctor checked my environment before I started (I had a window to my right and proctor asked me to close the curtain) the exam went smoothly afterward besides the fact that whenever I tried to press "z", notes on my whiteboard were replaced with my previous notes, so I avoided using the button afterward.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thanks for sharing Roonsta! Sorry about the score :(

Did you feel anything in particular threw you off? I know that the feeling of confidence and the feeling of "this is easy" is not a good feeling for the score. That's the opposite of what I naturally expect and I had a very opposite feeling of "i screwing up every question" as I had no condidence at all in my answers. I thought I would end up with a 650 or 600 or smth like that but saw a 750 on the screen and quite surprised with the score. I don't know what to say but something did not go as planned it seems :-(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Thanks for sharing Roonsta! Sorry about the score :(

Did you feel anything in particular threw you off? I know that the feeling of confidence and the feeling of "this is easy" is not a good feeling for the score. That's the opposite of what I naturally expect and I had a very opposite feeling of "i screwing up every question" as I had no condidence at all in my answers. I thought I would end up with a 650 or 600 or smth like that but saw a 750 on the screen and quite surprised with the score. I don't know what to say but something did not go as planned it seems :-(

Thanks for the emotional support bb :lol: :)

I am not sure what could've went wrong! I think perhaps the RC was disastrous, but I'll never know b/c no ESR.

I get what you mean by feeling you did bad and then doing well, too. I actually posted about this, but when I got my 710, I thought I was doing bad, my mocks were ~660, and voila I see a 710! Still, my mocks didn't really support this Online GMAT 670 and I have done nothing but GMAT lately, so it's confusing.

I'm actually retaking it next week, in a physical test center, so I can really hone in on what's wrong via an ESR.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Huh... very weird about Verbal. I would retake of it is THAT much of a difference. I guess only in person but I suspect GMAC may further provide some clarifications and whether they are extending or shutting down the ONLINE version on the 15th. I suspect should happen this coming week.

BB.

pabpinor wrote:
Hi I got my score about my Online GMAT and has been quite surprising, I got a Q50 despite having multiple issues with the whiteboard and not being able to write much (I could not type the ^ symbol, had the "y" deleting my text and printing random figures).

I was quite discouraged because even if at the beginning I saw the difficulty increasing, and I struggled a bit with the timing, the second half seemed easier, so I was expecting way less.

The bad surprise has been my verbal score of 28, only one day that I was sick in bed I had that score and my regular and official tests have been between 35 and 42.
Definitely I had time issues on Verbal and I thought that my Quant was crap, but was not expecting such a low grade.

I will point the stress generated by the whiteboard as the main stress generator, but being honest I also think I should have better managed it and I would have been able to get my expected +700 or a 700 at least with a regular low score.
Maybe a break between Quant and Verbal would have been helpful to reduce the stress, or starting with Verbal, that would be my choice to maximize my scores, I wrote to GMAT suggesting those improvements, but I do not see that anything can be made of my bad result.

I will be taking it again in a test center in a week or so and see how it goes.

Regards,
Pablo

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Shoury1234 wrote:
Hey Guys

Can some of you please share how long it took to get your scores for 'Gmat Online'?

Hey, I did get yesterday afternoon an email from GMAC stating that my GMAT Online score was already available, I took the exam on the 27th afternoon. Regardless of the email, my score was available in my mba.com account from the 30th morning (2 days before the email), so I would say that now they are taking 3-5 days to provide it instead of the 7 business days they could.

Some people reported delayed availability for issues during the exam, if you do not get it within 7 business days contact GMAC.

Regards,
Pablo
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33  ...  183