It is currently 23 Jul 2017, 05:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Photo ID Strictness

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT Photo ID Strictness [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2017, 22:54
I need some urgent advice. I'm sitting for the GMAT in less than a week, and I just read that the photo ID must be a recent photo.

I just graduated college and both my passport and license include a picture from the beginning of high school. I've grown considerably, so it's a little difficult to recognize me from the photos. However, the license and passport are not expired.

Is it likely that I won't be allowed to sit for the exam? Any suggestions on what to do?

Sent from my SM-G920T using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.65
WE: Brand Management (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Photo ID Strictness [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2017, 23:16
andersonr95 wrote:
I need some urgent advice. I'm sitting for the GMAT in less than a week, and I just read that the photo ID must be a recent photo.

I just graduated college and both my passport and license include a picture from the beginning of high school. I've grown considerably, so it's a little difficult to recognize me from the photos. However, the license and passport are not expired.

Is it likely that I won't be allowed to sit for the exam? Any suggestions on what to do?

Hi,

No that won't be an issue. But make sure your name matches exactly with what you have registered for the GMAT.

Dont worry about such things. Relax and give your best shot. :)

Good Luck

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 03:57
i don't think that won't be an issue but you should send mail to mba.com or call them.
BSchool Thread Master
G
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 07:00
andersonr95 wrote:

I don't think that matters. They also need to match your electronic signature to the one on your passport.

Kindly click on the +1 Kudos if you found my post helpful. Thank you! :)

|
|
|
V

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
WE: General Management (Education)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
GMAT Photo ID Strictness [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 07:14
1st of all be clear that you compulsorily need to carry your passport when you sit for your GMAT. They generally do not accept license.

Secondly, it doesn't matter how old your passport is. I have a 20 year passport and I was 8 years old when my picture was taken and my passport was still accepted as a valid ID. Just enter the correct details and you should be good. They will be taking your picture and palm scan before you sit for your GMAT. Hope this helps. All the best.

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2017, 16:41
Thanks for the responses, it definitely calmed my nerves. Just finished the exam with no hiccups

Re: GMAT Photo ID Strictness   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2017, 16:41