Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 912 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: LBS '14 (A$)
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V48
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1329 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Re: GMAT Pill vs e-GMAT ..which is better? [#permalink]
Kudos
For the best improvement, I would go with e-gmat.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30780 [1]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi guys,

I saw some questions to thought that I will chime in. Please find some responses:

1. E-GMAT Vs GMATPill: I recommend that you take the free trial on our site and view GMATPill's free videos. We have fundamentally different approaches and the trial should be help you decide which course is better for you. Click hereto register on e-GMAT.
2. Verbal Online: Verbal Online requires 80 hours of effort (both learning and practice) 90% of our customers complete it within a month.

Customer Success Stories:

We have a good number of honest success stories by GMATClub members. You can view Gurpreet Singh's , Pooja's or Sandy's debrief.

You can also find a number of other debrief links on our blog page.

Free Session

We also have a free session this Saturday. Click hereto register for the session. Click hereto visit our event platform to view the recordings of our recently conducted free sessions.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
RJSPO wrote:
Will I be able to complete all the pills from GMATPill in a month.

Hi RJSPO,

We replied to your private message - please take a look.

We seem to get more questions comparing us with MGMAT. But since there seems to be quite a bit of misleading information among some prospective students, we thought we'd clarify some points.

Yes, the GMAT Pill is designed specifically for busy professionals to fit everything in under 1 month. Your time is limited- and that's our specialty. GMAT Pill is about thought process efficiency - how you think quickly in a timed environment. Budget in a few hours per night on weekdays and then full 10-hr days on weekends. You can reference our 1 month study plan.

We prepare you specifically for the exam without using fancy grammar terminology - in as little time as possible. If you are looking to master the English language at the PhD level and analyze every grammatical permutation, then GMAT Pill is not for you.

Here are a few objective points to help you better understand the differences:

Free Stuff

GMAT Pill lets you play around with the Practice Pill Platform by registering a free guest account. E-GMAT offers a free trial. We advise you take advantage of both.

GMAT Pill constantly adds upgrades for existing students free - including SC flashcards, new CR frameworks, IR Pill, Practice Pill Platform, and iPad app "GMAT Pill HD"----If you are looking to download videos to watch on-the-go, you can do that with 700+ videos in the iPad app - which is FREE.

For Non-Natives
Although GMAT Pill does not market itself as only for "non-natives" - there are plenty of non-natives who have done spectacularly well.
If you are looking for examples of non-natives who have excelled with GMAT Pill, try Kang Cao (760 - Darden MBA + $50K Scholarship), Vishal (>700 - Indian), Sharon (Hong Kong), Sudarshan(720 - India), Shuhua(730-China), and many more...

We recently had a 50+ email exchange - 710 with an Indian student (also non-native) who took the GMAT 3 times and asked similar questions.

He eventually decided to "follow the Stanford guy" and today, after his 4th and final attempt, his testimonial is now on our homepage with a 710.

For non-natives, verbal is arguably more important than quant - here's why. So make sure you prepare in the way that works best for you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 355 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
If you need 70% accuracy in less time..go for gmat pill
But if u need 80-90% accuracy in long time..go for e-gmat
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nelz007 wrote:
It really depends what your looking for for quant I found this link very useful for free videos from OG 10-13, quant review, 2nd edition etc you could check out his videos but don't have any reviews about the course but the videos are absolutely awesome and I'm sure his course will be really good too. For SC i found Sc grail by aristotle prep really useful

Gmat pill has verbal , quant and IR section.

E-gmat only verbal but they are pretty detailed from what I've seen with their explanations they also have a 4 point improvement guarantee if you take up their verbal live prep.

Hi,I have used Aristotle before and watched Thursdays with Ron for RC,CR & bit SC ..It didn't work ..

E-gmat : Will I be able to complete it in a month's time ..? Where can I contact a E-gmat rep. Do they have free demo classes ..

GMATPIl: Good package overall ..Messaged their representative but I am yet to hear from him..

I have watched Thursdays with Ron - for RC,CR and a bit for SC ..Also,my reference for SC was Aristotle. Both didn't work for me . :(
I think I need enough practice problems to increase accuracy ..

How are GMATClub tests ? Do they have just hard problems ..Will I get enough out of it ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sdpp143 wrote:

How much is less time ? Will I be able to complete all the pills from GMATPill in a month.
How much time does it take generally to complete e-gmat course
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1329 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
RJSPO wrote:
nelz007 wrote:
It really depends what your looking for for quant I found this link very useful for free videos from OG 10-13, quant review, 2nd edition etc you could check out his videos but don't have any reviews about the course but the videos are absolutely awesome and I'm sure his course will be really good too. For SC i found Sc grail by aristotle prep really useful

Gmat pill has verbal , quant and IR section.

E-gmat only verbal but they are pretty detailed from what I've seen with their explanations they also have a 4 point improvement guarantee if you take up their verbal live prep.

Hi,I have used Aristotle before and watched Thursdays with Ron for RC,CR & bit SC ..It didn't work ..

E-gmat : Will I be able to complete it in a month's time ..? Where can I contact a E-gmat rep. Do they have free demo classes ..

GMATPIl: Good package overall ..Messaged their representative but I am yet to hear from him..

I have watched Thursdays with Ron - for RC,CR and a bit for SC ..Also,my reference for SC was Aristotle. Both didn't work for me . :(
I think I need enough practice problems to increase accuracy ..

How are GMATClub tests ? Do they have just hard problems ..Will I get enough out of it ?

Yeah just make a login and you can get an idea how the classes work also you can access some of their previous recordings (free classes) which are available. GMAT club tests are good but if your looking for really tough questions you can search up posts by bunuel. He has compiled some really good questions on every topic.

There are 198 gmat prep questions available in the download section they are above level 700 of all sections SC,CR, quant etc
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
How is e-gmat's verbal online course ? Is it good enough to score high on verbal?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
egmat wrote:
Hi guys,

I saw some questions to thought that I will chime in. Please find some responses:

1. E-GMAT Vs GMATPill: I recommend that you take the free trial on our site and view GMATPill's free videos. We have fundamentally different approaches and the trial should be help you decide which course is better for you. Click to register on e-GMAT.
2. Verbal Online: Verbal Online requires 80 hours of effort (both learning and practice) 90% of our customers complete it within a month.

Customer Success Stories:

Free Session

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

Thanks Rajat, Will definitely attend tomorrow's session. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
sdpp143 wrote:

I would like to know more rationale behind this saying. can you help me understand why these two courses are different in this way?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
very useful thread!
I am also comparing these courses for my third attempt...
Guys if you have a minute please help me with my 3rd attempt preparation 640-650-third-attempt-target-700-need-advice-156355.html
Much appreciated!!
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30780 [0]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dear navylam,

Both companies offer some form of a free trial. Just go through the free trial as it will help make your decision. Also click here for more details.

https://e-gmat.com/secure/register.php

Click herefor a help video about the free trial.

Free Session

We also have a free session this weekend. Click on the link below to register for the free session.

https://egmat.adobeconnect.com/strses1-j ... ation.html

Regards,

Rajat Sadana
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
GMATPill wrote:
RJSPO wrote:
Will I be able to complete all the pills from GMATPill in a month.

Hi RJSPO,

We replied to your private message - please take a look.

We seem to get more questions comparing us with MGMAT. But since there seems to be quite a bit of misleading information among some prospective students, we thought we'd clarify some points.

Yes, the GMAT Pill is designed specifically for busy professionals to fit everything in under 1 month. Your time is limited- and that's our specialty. GMAT Pill is about thought process efficiency - how you think quickly in a timed environment. Budget in a few hours per night on weekdays and then full 10-hr days on weekends. You can reference our 1 month study plan.

We prepare you specifically for the exam without using fancy grammar terminology - in as little time as possible. If you are looking to master the English language at the PhD level and analyze every grammatical permutation, then GMAT Pill is not for you.

Here are a few objective points to help you better understand the differences:

Free Stuff

GMAT Pill lets you play around with the Practice Pill Platform by registering a free guest account. E-GMAT offers a free trial. We advise you take advantage of both.

GMAT Pill constantly adds upgrades for existing students free - including SC flashcards, new CR frameworks, IR Pill, Practice Pill Platform, and iPad app "GMAT Pill HD"----If you are looking to download videos to watch on-the-go, you can do that with 700+ videos in the iPad app - which is FREE.

For Non-Natives
Although GMAT Pill does not market itself as only for "non-natives" - there are plenty of non-natives who have done spectacularly well.
If you are looking for examples of non-natives who have excelled with GMAT Pill, try Kang Cao (760 - Darden MBA + $50K Scholarship), Vishal (>700 - Indian), Sharon (Hong Kong), Sudarshan(720 - India), Shuhua(730-China), and many more...

We recently had a 50+ email exchange - 710 with an Indian student (also non-native) who took the GMAT 3 times and asked similar questions.

He eventually decided to "follow the Stanford guy" and today, after his 4th and final attempt, his testimonial is now on our homepage with a 710.

For non-natives, verbal is arguably more important than quant - here's why. So make sure you prepare in the way that works best for you.

Hi Zeke,

I would like you to please comment on this thread please - possible-reasons-for-unexpected-verbal-scores-156586.html#p1249628

What is GMAT Pill doing to help students cope with this situation?

KR,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 362 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
RJSPO wrote:
Hi,after a disastrous performance yesterday : 450(32Q,20V), I am looking to enrol in one of the programs.
I have just a month's time before I take the exam again by Mid December .
I was averaging in mid 600s on practice but somehow I didn't do well on the test.

Which do you think would be most suitable for me ?
Thanks!!

Hi Mate

I am not a representative of any company but If you want to score 700+ I would either go for Veritas prep or Gmat pill. Its not all about the verbal you need to see the quant section too. You quant is Q32 and to score 700+ you need to score Q48-50 and V37-40. Even if e-gmat gives you V38 you still lack in quant and your score will still be stuck on 620-630. So if I were you,I would go for Gmat Pill any day. I haven't taken their course but considering that you have to improve in both sections go for gmatpill. if you want to go for e-gmat SC course its very good but I think for CR and RC you will still need to look for something else.

An honest advice from my experience.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q530 V800
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I am a student of e-gmat and I would recommend it to any non-native. It lays out a very well structured method for answering questions from SC, RC and CR effectively. Their methods are applicable to every question irrespective of the difficulty.

Also, their course structure is very well laid out. The order/flow of the course work is very effective and efficient. I have already taken the GMAT and feel that the material/topics cover most, if not all the aspects that are tested on the GMAT!

Cheers
KK
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '16
GMAT Date: 08-31-2013
Send PM
A frank opinion would be that I gave it a good thought before joining e-GMAT and this is one of the decisions I am thankful to myself for taking.

e-GMAT videos are kind of breathers (yes, I mean it) between plethora of textual content on quant and other guides. What happens usually with long study hours is that you get stressed out to some extent; what could be better if a video can refresh you up simultaneously add knowledge. The process followed by e-GMAT works like magic and you get to know that even verbal can be dealt like quant (based on rules).

Long discussion short, watch the free videos and be your own judge (I envy people getting these for free :-D )
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q530 V800
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I would also like to inform that I started my preparation with OG 13 paper based diagnostic test. The results meant I needed help with my verbal preparation and hesitantly I took up the e-GMAT course. Fortunately, it turned out to be the right choice. After finishing the e-GMAT course, I looked into other material including CR Bible, SC Grail and MGMAT SC guide but didn't gain much from them. In fact, MGMAT SC guide seemed confusing!

Regards
KK
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2