Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 220 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink]
After throughly analysing the reviews, I have enrolled myself in Knewton. Let us see how far it goes and I hope I can write a success story here.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
prasadrg wrote:
After throughly analysing the reviews, I have enrolled myself in Knewton. Let us see how far it goes and I hope I can write a success story here.

Please do - will be very valuable for everyone to read your feedback.
Hope you took advantage of the holiday offer with them (ends today) https://gmatclub.com/blog/2009/12/knewto ... gmat-class
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Send PM
I partially took a Manhattan GMAT course. I say partially because I didn't really avail myself mentally. I think that the materials are great but that one should do preliminary prep before enrolling in any course. It gives you a better idea of what you're dealing with content wise and also helps prepare you to be a better student, one who can truly take advantage of the knowledgebase of course instructors and tutors.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I have gone through a chunk of OG (and some of GMATCubs practice questions) and scored 690 on the OG's diagnostic tests but want to get up to 720. I took the diagnostic test twice - once before practicing and once after the score did not change whatsoever :|

From reading the reviews it does not sound like Kaplan's in-class prep would be a good fit for me. I am not sure whether Kaplan Advanced would be any good? Or if I should just go with Knewton because of the good reviews they get even though it is online.

My questions:
- What good in-class GMAT prep course would you recommend for someone who wants to increase their score by 30-50 points? Kaplan Advanced or Manhattan Review or...?
- If no such in-class course exists, would you simply recommend Knewton or even doing more practice problems through the many books/GmatClub's practice problems that are available?

You help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks bb! The points you make make sense. I am an Indian male but with a non-IT background however :) I am leaning towards Knewton because like you say there is nothing to lose except some time.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
tallmild wrote:
Thanks bb! The points you make make sense. I am an Indian male but with a non-IT background however :) I am leaning towards Knewton because like you say there is nothing to lose except some time.

Just FYI - I have not taken any classes, so don't base your judgment on my comments :)
Knewton seems like a safer option due to the 50 point guarantee, but it is an online class and may or may not work. Just a disclaimer - I am not trying to sell you on it.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Finance, Economics, Accounting
GPA: 4.0 UG and 3.6 MSA
Send PM
Thanks for the comprehensive listing of all providers. Several things I'm still on the fence about:

- Self Study: While this post shows all of the providers' info, there is another post ("best-gmat-books-reviews-recommendations-for-your-prep-77703") that implies the books themselves are sufficient. Are there any discussions comparing one approach vs the other?

- Class vs Otherwise: Posts describing the quality of class sessions are helpful, but many people (myself included) have to travel extensively for work and can't just go to a pre-determined class. Are there any reviews of online or CD options for classes?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
:-D Thanks for posting information for the GMAT prep classes
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
A number of new reviews have been added to the Knewton section.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I have MGMAT RC and SC books. Do I need to take any classroom courses from Kaplan or Manhattan..?? I am pretty new to GMAT (had taken CAT, India one time with decent score)..Please assist me how should I proceed for my GMAT preparations, I am a working profesional.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Take a gmat prep diagnostic test and figure out where you stand.
Taking a class is usually the better option for those who value their time highly but it is a more expensive option too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would like to put my two cents in this very informative thread.....
I used this website to find out the best study sources and shortlisted to MGMAT and GMAXonline. i bought MGMAT sentence correction guide to start but was too lazy to start reading. Then i decided to purchase GMAXonline and it really made GMAT interesting coz i could watch the online lectures while sitting in a bathtub or even while cooking. The key to a good score in GMAT is to study everyday, but after a hard day of work sometimes its really hard to get back to books. the lecture definitely made studying more lively and gave me the extra push that i needed to cross the 700 mark. I ended up with a 730 score and a lot of credit for that goes to GMAXonline.
Since i was on a tight budget when i started my prep, i didn't feel like spending $400 for the course, so i ended up dividing the number of views between me and my friend. Since GMAX gives u 90 views for 30 lectures, we both managed to watch every lecture and a repeat of the topics we found a little tough.
Overall, a 5 star rating from me to GMAXonline....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Schools:Columbia, NYU, Wharton, UCLA, Berkeley
WE 1: 2 Yrs mgmt consulting
WE 2: 2 yrs m&a
Send PM
Thanks for the info on the prep courses. I found this GMAT EBook, some good strategies and information worth a look. Looks interesting, thoughts?

Link to Ebook download:
https://www.gmatpill.com/ebook/GMAT%20Pill%20E-Book.pdf
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Im trying to decided between a manhattan gmat 9 class course, or a princeton review or kaplan course...any recommendations on who's better? Im taking it in nyc and I heard the mgmat instructors are a little cocky, and being that nyc is full of investment bankers, I dont want to end up in a class where im at a disadvantage with my marketing background...any thoughts? thanks for the help!

I have never taken the gmat but im originally from south america, went to college in the us, but need a lot of help in the verbal part, especially vocab since english is not my first language, but i was able to go to notre dame for college though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Strategic Consulting
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
When did most GMAT testers take classes? I'm planning on using book materials and practice tests before taking the GMAT a first time.

After that, I'm planning to take a class and then re-take the GMAT for a second time.

Anyone with more knowledge than me care to comment on this strategy?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
FWIW, a number of years back I took the test having used ONLY the Princeton Review GMAT book. My scores went from 617 to 680.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am writing this as a warning to people searching for test prep materials. My experience with MLIC Turboprep is one that should not be repeated.

After paying $1400 and receiving confirmation that I had a place in the upcoming weekend class, I received a series of unorganized and incomprehensible pdf files with impertinent information and exercises. Then, I received an e-mail saying that I was going to be moved out of the class I signed up for and placed into another one. After explaining to them that this was not possible (I was going to be out of town), they said it was out of their hands and there was nothing they or I could do.

Reasonably, I was not happy. They said they would not offer a refund, and therefore I went to my credit card company to appeal the charges. After a long back-and-forth, I did not receive the services promised and was forced to pay for them anyway. As a customer, I have never been treated so disrespectfully, and I got the impression that it was not the first time MLIC has dealt with unhappy customers and disputed charges.

I warn you not to partake in this scam. I used other materials to prepare for the GRE, including Kaplan and PowerScore (which I was very pleased with) and I scored a 1450. Kaplan is challenging and good for those who plan on getting a high score, and PowerScore offers a great and affordable weekend course along with some good test strategies.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5