It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 03:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 485

Kudos [?]: 2327 [0], given: 82

Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:46

Kudos [?]: 2327 [0], given: 82

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2012
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2013, 00:58
Thanks Brunnel.. its an amazing post..
what would the result be for 3-4 questions wrong per every 10 questions ?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Board of Directors
User avatar
G
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 3419

Kudos [?]: 9475 [0], given: 1198

Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2013, 13:18

Kudos [?]: 9475 [0], given: 1198

Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Determined..700 will be my Revenge
Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Location: United States
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2013, 12:34
Hi Bunnel,

I also tested the gmat prep software and got 15 incorrect and just scored Q32.

I got 4 incorrect in the first 10, 3 incorrect between 10 and 15, 5 between 20 and 30 and 3 in the last 7 questions.

I do not understand this algorithm, once I made more then 20 mistakes and still scored 41, but this time its only 15 incorrect but the variation in the score is a lot.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Posts: 186

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 23

GMAT Date: 11-18-2012
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2013, 05:12
My gmat prep result was :-

Q1 wrong then 7,8,9 wrong then rest all right.
then few question wrong between 21-30 and then later from 35 to 41 all questions wrong.
and my verbal score was V 18.
_________________

Thriving for CHANGE

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 23

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 485

Kudos [?]: 2327 [0], given: 82

Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2013, 03:05
Updated the Verbal Testing Scenarios (Second Post) with results from two scenarios

9 i) All Sc Questions incorrect -- Test 1
9 ii) All Sc Questions incorrect -- Test 2

Vercules
_________________

Press Kudos if you want to say thanks

Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia | Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- VERBAL | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- IR

Please Read and Follow the 9 Rules of Posting in Verbal Forum

Kudos [?]: 2327 [0], given: 82

VP
VP
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1075

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2013, 09:08
Hi
I have been following this thread long...but i was bit skeptical, whether GMAT prep software has the same algorithm as actual gmat has.....
Can we follow the scenarios, if we get into any such scenario on actual test, for i have heard that first 10 questions are not that important.

Archit

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 165

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.42
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2013, 11:26
Amazing thread, definitely some good stuff here to think about
_________________

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

VP
VP
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1075

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2013, 11:53
Thanks Vercules, One of the swiftest replies to my all queries on this forum.
Lets see , i am planning to pay primary attention on first 10 and skip 2 in 11 to 20 series one in 20 to 30 series......
Thanks once again

Archit

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 485

Kudos [?]: 2327 [0], given: 82

Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 07:09
Updated the Verbal Testing Scenarios (Second Post) with results from two scenarios

10 i) All RC Questions incorrect -- Test 1
10 ii) All RC Questions incorrect -- Test 2

Also updated quant guessing strategies with new results

Vercules
_________________

Press Kudos if you want to say thanks

Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia | Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- VERBAL | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- IR

Please Read and Follow the 9 Rules of Posting in Verbal Forum

Kudos [?]: 2327 [0], given: 82

VP
VP
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1075

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 10:54
In my GMAt prep 2 , i encountered a very strange scenario, for me it was strange. I encountered first two RC back to back from 9 to 17th, First one was Russian women emancipation and second dealt with Law suites (ruling of court). Christ!!!, I pray pls help me from such scenarios. Last two RC's back to back in 30th series i.e. 31 to 37 again one 60 liner and other literature.......hell!!!!!!I think nothing can be worse than this!!!!

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 485

Kudos [?]: 2327 [0], given: 82

Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 11:29
Archit143 wrote:
In my GMAt prep 2 , i encountered a very strange scenario, for me it was strange. I encountered first two RC back to back from 9 to 17th, First one was Russian women emancipation and second dealt with Law suites (ruling of court). Christ!!!, I pray pls help me from such scenarios. Last two RC's back to back in 30th series i.e. 31 to 37 again one 60 liner and other literature.......hell!!!!!!I think nothing can be worse than this!!!!


Well, this is odd. But on a positive note, you have tasted the bitter part, everything will look good in the next tests because it is really rare to see 2 RCs back to back and that too two times in the same test.

Vercules
_________________

Press Kudos if you want to say thanks

Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia | Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- VERBAL | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- IR

Please Read and Follow the 9 Rules of Posting in Verbal Forum

Kudos [?]: 2327 [0], given: 82

VP
VP
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1075

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 11:36
Vercules wrote:
Archit143 wrote:
In my GMAt prep 2 , i encountered a very strange scenario, for me it was strange. I encountered first two RC back to back from 9 to 17th, First one was Russian women emancipation and second dealt with Law suites (ruling of court). Christ!!!, I pray pls help me from such scenarios. Last two RC's back to back in 30th series i.e. 31 to 37 again one 60 liner and other literature.......hell!!!!!!I think nothing can be worse than this!!!!


Well, this is odd. But on a positive note, you have tasted the bitter part, everything will look good in the next tests because it is really rare to see 2 RCs back to back and that too two times in the same test.

Vercules

Moreover at two crucial junctures of the tests.....4th question was first in the lot 9th was last in the array. Than 31st to 37th...I mean i was so frustrated, its not that i have not practiced such sets earlier...i have practiced back to back 3 rc's but when the test presented the law suit rc, everything went for a toss.By the end i gave up and guessed the last rc saving time for last few cr's and sc.

archit

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4733

Kudos [?]: 18029 [0], given: 1990

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 11:42
Archit143 wrote:
Vercules wrote:
Archit143 wrote:
In my GMAt prep 2 , i encountered a very strange scenario, for me it was strange. I encountered first two RC back to back from 9 to 17th, First one was Russian women emancipation and second dealt with Law suites (ruling of court). Christ!!!, I pray pls help me from such scenarios. Last two RC's back to back in 30th series i.e. 31 to 37 again one 60 liner and other literature.......hell!!!!!!I think nothing can be worse than this!!!!


Well, this is odd. But on a positive note, you have tasted the bitter part, everything will look good in the next tests because it is really rare to see 2 RCs back to back and that too two times in the same test.

Vercules

Moreover at two crucial junctures of the tests.....4th question was first in the lot 9th was last in the array. Than 31st to 37th...I mean i was so frustrated, its not that i have not practiced such sets earlier...i have practiced back to back 3 rc's but when the test presented the law suit rc, everything went for a toss.By the end i gave up and guessed the last rc saving time for last few cr's and sc.

archit

Hey archit, do you mind posting the RC link in my pm. I would love to try it out.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18029 [0], given: 1990

VP
VP
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1075

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 12:06
Souvik

Questions might seem easy if you are practicing them singly , but in test scenario......I cannot explain, that too 7 questions of your first 10......

Archit

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4733

Kudos [?]: 18029 [0], given: 1990

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 12:18
Archit143 wrote:
Souvik

Questions might seem easy if you are practicing them singly , but in test scenario......I cannot explain, that too 7 questions of your first 10......

Archit

I hear ya man.
For a long time I was having a hard time figuring out what the heck lone wolf is!
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18029 [0], given: 1990

VP
VP
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1075

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 12:46
souvik101990 wrote:
Archit143 wrote:
Souvik

Questions might seem easy if you are practicing them singly , but in test scenario......I cannot explain, that too 7 questions of your first 10......

Archit

I hear ya man.
For a long time I was having a hard time figuring out what the heck lone wolf is!


Its the bloody only wolf in the jungle!!!!! hahahahhah

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

VP
VP
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1075

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 14:07
carcass wrote:
what are you talking about ?? If I can


Hi Carcass...
took time to understand what are you referring to ....i checked few of my earlier..than figured out......i was referring to the links of rc passages which i got in my gmat prep.....
Actually i cannot recall.....what were the last two passages..

Hope its clear now....

Archit

consider kudos if my post helped!!!!!!!

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Board of Directors
User avatar
G
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 3419

Kudos [?]: 9475 [0], given: 1198

Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 14:26
Archit143 wrote:
carcass wrote:
what are you talking about ?? If I can


Hi Carcass...
took time to understand what are you referring to ....i checked few of my earlier..than figured out......i was referring to the links of rc passages which i got in my gmat prep.....
Actually i cannot recall.....what were the last two passages..

Hope its clear now....

Archit

consider kudos if my post helped!!!!!!!


ohhhhhh I see

Not really tough passages...........but under pressure is different. for this reason this exam is particular
_________________

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

Kudos [?]: 9475 [0], given: 1198

VP
VP
avatar
Status: Final Lap Up!!!
Affiliations: NYK Line
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1075

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Location: India
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2013, 14:49
True not tough but i got those one after the other.....thats the twist...in first 10 itself.

Archit

Kudos [?]: 671 [0], given: 70

Re: GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2013, 14:49

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 276 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.