Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:49 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [2]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Leadership, Technology
Schools: Wharton '25
WE:Information Technology (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 60
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Schools: LBS MiM "21
GPA: 4
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
GMAT score 50 when I had 7 out of 31 incorrect. Can this be right? [#permalink]
Kudos
Don't get the wrong idea. "Missing 7 questions" is not as important as "Which 7 questions were missed". Questions come with different difficulties. Plus, wrong answers at different stages has different impact in your score. For further understanding you can read this excellent analysis by Bunuel "GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios"
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22047 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: GMAT score 50 when I had 7 out of 31 incorrect. Can this be right? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi BoXia,

I would not say this is particularly normal; however, as has been said, the difficulty of the questions you get wrong has a significant influence on your score. So, it's quite possible that you got many "hard" questions wrong. In any case, great work with Q50! Once you take another practice exam, let me know.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 486 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
Send PM
Re: GMAT score 50 when I had 7 out of 31 incorrect. Can this be right? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I once got a 50 on an MBA.com practice test and missed 11 questions.

See the end of this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZro7O3 ... H1V4AaABAg

So I did the above exercise twice, but the first time (I'm still mad at myself for this), I forgot to record. So I took the test, missed 11 questions, really struggled, and got the best score I'd ever gotten.

So I did a second recording. The test felt easier and I only missed three questions. But I got the same score.

This doesn't weird me out in the slightest. Many of the 11 that I missed on that first test were very hard. I hardly got punished for missing them. Basically, my punishment was, "Okay, well, we can't give you the perfect score of 51."

But how could I only miss three and get the same score? Well, the three I missed were the same difficulty as whatever difficulty I missed in the first test that got me the 50. Meaning: my ceiling is fixed by the difficulty of the easiest questions I missed. In the 11 and in the 3 I missed, there were questions of relative similarity (probably about three of them!) The 8 extra I missed in test 1 were very hard questions I didn't get that punished for missing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Yes, it is normal but somewhat rare. It it possible that you attempted the most difficult questions incorrectly.
I read on a site that you can get Q51 with 0-6 mistakes although the average no. of mistakes is 1. So by that logic getting 7 wrong can give you a Q50
GMAT Club Bot