Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Gmat Strategy review: Help needed to devise a proper prep strategy [#permalink]
EducationAisle wrote:
Hi piyush1995, your mock scores are very encouraging. In hindsight, I would have suggested that you focus more on concept building in verbal, rather than looking at the question repository as a source of building concepts.

But given the 2 weeks that you have for the test, I would not suggest any drastic change in strategy at this time. The next few days need to be focused on more practice and acclimatization with GMAT questions.

While you already seem to have a great question bank, PM me your mail id, if you want some more.

Good luck with the exam Piyush!

Thank you for your quick response EducationAisle ![/quote]. I was wondering if you had some thoughts regarding my CR plan?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gmat Strategy review: Help needed to devise a proper prep strategy [#permalink]
EducationAisle wrote:
Hi Piyush, LSAT CR seems to frequently test on certain topics that are not formally tested on GMAT (for example, logical relationships).

While that might not really harm your preparation, given the time constraint, it might be better to limit yourself to GMAT official question compilation.

Thank You e EducationAisle ![/quote] , btw do you know of any sources related to a compilation of gmat quant tricks and pitfalls?
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 398 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Re: Gmat Strategy review: Help needed to devise a proper prep strategy [#permalink]
Expert Reply
piyush1995 wrote:

Thank You e EducationAisle , btw do you know of any sources related to a compilation of gmat quant tricks and pitfalls?

Hi piyush1995!

I'm not aware of a source that specifically has a compilation of GMAT tricks and pitfalls, but I'd highly recommend searching for terms like "tricks" and "traps" on the Magoosh blog here. There are several articles that address common traps and pitfalls in the quant section, as well as many articles discussing tricks and strategies :-) Another key part of your studying should be learning from your own practice and incorrect answers, and recognizing the traps that you personally tend to fall for. Here are a few example articles that may be helpful to you:

I hope that's helpful! :-)
-Carolyn
GMAT Club Bot