Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [1]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 560 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V25
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT STUDY PLAN [#permalink]
I scheduled an appointment for the 21st of Feb. I have exactly 2 months for preparation, and I started looking through my books and decided to stick with the MGMAT 8 guides. It seems to me that they divide the material quite comprehensively.
Since my first post I finished Book #1 "Number Properties". Now things are little bit better, I filled some very old gaps in my knowledge, it showed me that the things are not so desperate, it just needs a lot of work :)
I revised my strategy and here is what I came up with:
Follow the MGMAT Guides and the OG 12 + OG Quant and OG Verbal+ targeted questions from the forum.
Finnish quant section by 15th of January (+/- 1 day)
Continue with verbal and finnish it (hopefully) by 5th of Feb
5-20 Feb CAT tests - Gmat Prep, Kaplan, MGMAT, one a day + an error log to target gaps ( I intend to have at least 10 full lenght test before the real thing)
21 - Test Day
I started reading some of the books suggested for stenghtening your verbal skills. I read two books already, and I would say it works,it increased my stamina and kept me focused for longer time.
I intend to use this topic as a blog for my preparation, so I commit to you and everyone else that I am going to devote as much time and effort as needed to get the results I want!
Merry Christmas, God Bless!!

Originally posted by Raz1ell on 24 Dec 2010, 12:58.
Last edited by Raz1ell on 24 Dec 2010, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Before anything take a diagnostics test - find your weak areas, plan accordingly.

From my prep experience:
If u are thorough with MGMAT books you may skip KAPLAN and Princeton books. I realized this only 2 week before my date. :(

This link may help: click here

Raz1ell wrote:
Hello Everybody,
First Of all I would like to apologise for my terrible English! I've been going through the GMAT club forum for around a month now. I would like to thank you for all the great materials, stories and questions posted. They really helped me to make decision about the GMAT! I scheduled the test for 21 Feb, which means that I have two months to prepare.
Here is my academic background:
- 21 yrs old
- Still in university: double major, Business Administration, Economics
- I have never been excellent in math, my current GPA is around 3.4-3.5.
I have started following the Three months GMAT Study Plan posted in the forum, But I need to adapt it to fit my deadline.
My books are:
OG 12+ OG quant review
Princeton Review 2010
Kaplan GMAT Premier 2008
Barrons GMAT 2010
Manhattan 8 books
and tons of sample problems, textbooks etc. in a folder of my pc ( I keep these just for the practice tests)
My target score is 700. Therefore Im ready to dedicate as much time as needed for those two months. I have a winter break till 17 Jan, the only thing Im going to do is prepare for the test. After going back to school It won't be much of a different story, I will have 60% of my time still available for preparation. I'm going to apply for Msc in Finance in several schools in Europe, still haven't decided which ones exactly.
Having said all that, now I would like to share my problem. I'm getting too distracted, unable to focus on a single topic in order to crack it. Internally I feel that if I focus on particular thing, lets say 3 days, im gonna loose too much valuable time, being unable to learn the rest of the types of questions. It is very frustrating, thats why I seek advice from you, how to organize myself and how to use the time I have as efficiently and effectively as possible!

Filip
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think you are right, I'm planning to stick with MGMAT, and just take the CAT exams from the other books. My first mock test is planned for the 29th, I'll keep you posted on the results ;)
GMAT Club Bot