It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 06:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2016, 01:55
Thanks bb .. Excellent post this is .. will start from today only !!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 05:11
Hello Everyone,

After studying for around 20 days, I appeared for my first GMAT CAT (Veritas free test). I scored 560 (41Q 26V). Honestly, I was expecting to score around that only. I have solved half of quant problems from OG15 so far and most of verbal problems. Since I am not a native speaker, I struggle with SC the most. Surprisingly, I got 10/11 SCs right on my test (Most from 500-600 level and a few from 600-700 level). (I have used manhattan SC guide so may be I improved bcz of that) tIn RC, I know I panicked and didnt read the whole thing and rushed into answering the questions. In CR, I did pretty okay. Somewhere in the middle.

Quant was better than verbal but after the first 10 questions I could sense that the level of difficulty was not increasing much even though I knew I was answering correctly.

Anyway, I have booked my exam date: 22nd August, which is approx. 2 months from now. I am aiming for a 700. I know my limitations so I dont intend to keep unrealistic expectations from myself.

Can someone guide me on how should I prepare in the coming months? Also, which practice tests are better Manhattan or Veritas?

This is what I have in mind about my study plan.
1. Finish OG, and go back to doing last 100 questions from each section. (As, they are comparatively more difficult than the rest)
2. Maintaining an error log. I practice everyday for 1.5 hours in the morning and 5-6 hours on the weekends as I am working.
3. Focusing on quant basics, using strategies etc. In verbal, when I have max concentration, I have even solved 700-800 level questions well. But, during my practice test, I know I panicked and went wrong. I think practicing more in that environment shall be helpful.
4. I am going to appear for 1 CAT everyday weekend. Review it and improve accordingly in the next one.

Doubts:
I am gonna run out of questions to solve. Which books should I consider for solving practice questions for both sections?

Thank you for reading this long post.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2016, 19:33
Hiii,

I have following resources available at my disposal:

1)OG verbal and quant
2)Manhattan foundation and Guides 0-9
3)Manhattan Advance Quant
4)Kaplan GMAT 800 Advance Quant
5)Manhattan SC Guide
6)Kaplan GMAT 800 Advance verbal

Would it be enough for starting preparation in time frame of 6 months.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 65

GMAT 1: 550 Q48 V18
GRE 1: 1280 Q790 V490
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 11:23
Gmat Study Material for Test Takers in Bangalore-

For Someone on a really tight budget/ or someone who cannot afford new books-
Option - Used Books- Used GMAT books are available in Avenue Road, Bangalore at stores which charge one fifth of new book Price.

I recently brought Kaplan Premier and Kaplan 800 for 200 Rupees Each. Quite a decent price for almost new used book.
If anyone in Bangalore needs more info about Used GMAT Books and Store Location Please PM me.
Thanks. :-D

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 65

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 05:41
Make a review arrange. By a long shot the best approach to plan for the GMAT is through normal review sessions in the 2-6 months before the exam. Remember that the normal test taker examines for around 50 hours, and a fourth of understudies report burning through 100+ hours considering for the GMAT

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 171

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2017, 09:02
I am unable to search my workbook through page wise, it's always forcing me to search date wise. plz help me, in the past I generally went through page wise to check my errors ( like topic wise SC and then go to page no 5).

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 171

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2017, 22:42
Hi BB,

Recently joined the club !

I have started my preparation for GMAT but it is taking me alot of time to solve quant problems by use of formula.
Is there any material or books which suggests different shortcuts for solving quant problems.

Please advice as soon as you can.

Thanks for help.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2017, 05:56
I was looking for someone who could do my essay for me fast but for now no luck. GMAT is hard for me, but my parents are insisting

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2017, 06:18
Which books disappointed you when you was preparing to GMAT?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 409

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 16:08
Hi! I have read through this and found this so encouraging. However, I am stuck at a unique point- after 2 months of prep I am able to score only about 470 -540 (my math had been so poor I had to re-do a lot of 10/11 grade math books for those months; in addition; I am from a complete non-quant, humanities background,so complete grounding was necessary) - can anyone help me out with a decent study plan for the next 2 months?(I hope to touch the mythical 700:)). I currently have a bunch of material and am swimming through it, unable to find a path :(. Would love anyone's input on this

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 409

Re: GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep   [#permalink] 03 Jul 2017, 16:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   [ 850 posts ]