GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2019, 09:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Club Timer: Error Log and Daily Practice Questions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
GMAT Club Timer: Error Log and Daily Practice Questions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 25 Jul 2018, 12:54

Your Own Personalized Daily Practice Questions from GMAT Club!

We are excited to roll out a new feature that combines our Forum Error Log and the GMAT Club Forum Timer.
Starting TODAY, you can use the forum timer to track your performance, build history, receive personalized practice questions and even estimate your GMAT score! All from practicing questions on the GMAT Club Forum.

Visit Your Error Log to See for Yourself

Here is what you get and it is all FREE

• Customized just for you: Monday through Friday we will pick questions that match your level based on your Timer History. Naturally, the more history you have, the better recommendations you will receive.
  • Only new questions: we’ll select only the questions you have not attempted yet with the timer so you can have fresh practice questions
  • Track your progress: every day (as long as you have taken at least 6 questions for DS, PS, CR, and SC, we’ll even send you an estimated GMAT score
  • Daily or Weekly: in your Error Log you can set how frequently you receive emails from us – daily or weekly
  • Email or Online: you can receive questions via email or look them up in your Error Log – same questions but just for you
  • Practice Pays: the more you use the timer, the better questions and estimates you will receive
  • Bonus: every day we’ll also include one hard and tricky question as a bonus - see if you can crack it!

FAQ:

What is GMAT Club Forum Timer?
The forum timer can be found in the question discussion forums such as DS, PS, CR, SC and is found on top of every question post. Here is how looks:
Spoiler: :: "See a screenshot" "Hide Details"

Where can I find the questions?
You can find questions in your GMAT Club Error Log or via email.

How often will I receive questions?
You will received a personalized compilation of questions every day Monday through Friday

Will my questions be always personalized?
No. We will start sending a personalized selection as soon as you take at least 6 timers in a week

How many questions are personalized for me on a daily basis?
You will receive 4 Quant (PS or DS) and 4 Verbal (CR or SC) questions as well as one tough and tricky question of the day. However, the tough & tricky question is the same for all users, so you can have with it and see if you can beat the crowd to the answer & solution!

When will my GMAT score estimate be available?
Once you take at least 6 questions in each of the forums, your GMAT Score will be estimated the following day. Your section scores (quant and verbal) will be available after you take 12 questions (6 in PS and 6 DS or 6 in CR and 6 in SC)

Where can i find more questions to practice?
You can find the questions nicely categorized in our question banks section or in one of our question directories

Why do you not send out questions on the weekends?
We believe that there is time to work, take CAT's, and time to rest. We suggest that you either rest or take a full size CAT test on the weekend (if you are ready that is)

Attachment:
_BANNER_timer_2.jpg
_BANNER_timer_2.jpg [ 90 KiB | Viewed 373844 times ]

Originally posted by bb on 30 Jul 2013, 12:08.
Last edited by bb on 25 Jul 2018, 12:54, edited 2 times in total.
Founder
Founder
V
Re: GMAT Club Timer: Error Log and Daily Practice Questions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 18 Jul 2018, 21:33

Looking for the hardest questions for the whole year?

hardest-gmat-questions-of-165745.html

Here are links to the most difficult questions from last month:

DS Forum:

PS Forum:

CR Forum:

SC Forum:

Originally posted by bb on 30 Jul 2013, 19:33.
Last edited by bb on 18 Jul 2018, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Schools: Harvard, Columbia, Stern, Booth, LSB,

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2013, 02:25
Hi bb,

1000+ kudos to you. :-D This is an amazing & powerful tool. I bet no forum can compete with GMATCLUB.

Long live GC.

If you have any question regarding my post, kindly pm me or else I won't be able to reply
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2013, 06:55
avinashrao9 wrote:
Hi bb,

Thanks for the wonderful initiative... :-D
Is there a way to delete all the questions attempted in the workbook and start afresh?

Previously, I had the option to alter the workbook but now cannot :(

Thanks! Would you mind sharing why you would want to clear it?
P.S. You can limit what is shown to you by setting the dates/filters in terms of reviewing the questions/etc.

Let me know if anything else or any other features.
Best Regards,
BB.

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2013, 12:42
Hands down :)
bb & GC team- the best GMAT forum till date.....way to go Sir!

So, it's kind of adaptive mechanism implemented here...just awesome. More aligned to GMAT...+1 from me.

@ fametop- agree with you dude!
V

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2013, 09:06
zazoz wrote:

This not how it works for me; When I complete the suggested questions for PS, they all turn to grey, and after a while new set of question again in PS. Since the first day of this amazing capability, I just recieved PS and CR questions, although I have completed them about three times.

Thank you - let me check on this.

Best Regards,
BB
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2013, 10:14
Wow, Awesome BB, Great initiative :-D

Kudos +1
V

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2013, 10:20
avinashrao9 wrote:
Hi bb,

Thanks for the wonderful initiative... :-D
Is there a way to delete all the questions attempted in the workbook and start afresh?

Previously, I had the option to alter the workbook but now cannot :(

We will return the EDIT Workbook functionality, however, deleting your practice from the workbook will not have an impact on your rating/recommendations. E.g. you won't be able to delete your poor results to boost your rating. The rating and the Workbook are a different set of data and are independent. Just FYI.
V

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2013, 11:51
Thank you. I am sorry, I did not mean to imply that anyone did or you did specifically. It was rather a statement to anyone curious how the recommendations happen. Which I don't know if that's good or bad since nobody will see your results and if one wanted to skew them one way or another, then why not.... sure. Though the usefulness of the tool would go down.

P.S. Once you have have taken about 10 questions in each subforum, you will get a GMAT score estimate.
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2013, 09:26
LPN wrote:
Does the algorithm giving the personalised score take into account the difficulty of questions that we answer?

It takes into account, difficulty, speed, and number of questions, so the answer is - Yes.
V

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2013, 07:22
Kconfused wrote:
Is the difficulty level of the questions I receive personalized? Say, I continuously fail solving 700+ level questions for a couple days, do I start receiving simpler questions until the engine feels that I'm ready to face tougher questions again?
And how accurate are the score predictions? In the sense, if this was my performance on real GMAT, will the scores be comparable? At least in the same range.
Thanks

Unless your workbook says that the questions are average/medium difficulty, then yes, they are personalized. You receive several questions that are "your" difficulty level, 1 easier, and 1 harder.

As to the score, it is not going to be the exact estimate since it is based on short practice of just a few questions per day as opposed to a 3 hour test that include taking 78 questions in high-stress environment.
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.2
WE: Accounting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 06:08
If you take suggestions, have more:

1. e-mail daily report contains the word "inorrect", believe it should be "incorrect"
2. Is it possible to have some links to topics, that are used in specific questions?
3. Save comments to favourites? Like I see a great comment, but can't read it right now, how do I save it for later? Bookmarks are useful, aslo it would be great to see other users bookmarks "this comment was bookmarked by 100 users" or "top bookmarked comments this week".
4. Analysis of questions in a breakdown by all types and difficulty (radar chart for overview)? And if you add source it will be easier to identify differences having this much data.

P.S.. Bunuel posts "related questions" to some topics, this is gold! Keep it up. If this only would be possible in mobile app (paid ofc)

Thank you for your great work, guys!

Stay positive! ^.^

My blog - http://www.mbafortech.com
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2013, 07:24
kvazar wrote:
If you take suggestions, have more:

1. e-mail daily report contains the word "inorrect", believe it should be "incorrect"
2. Is it possible to have some links to topics, that are used in specific questions?
3. Save comments to favourites? Like I see a great comment, but can't read it right now, how do I save it for later? Bookmarks are useful, aslo it would be great to see other users bookmarks "this comment was bookmarked by 100 users" or "top bookmarked comments this week".
4. Analysis of questions in a breakdown by all types and difficulty (radar chart for overview)? And if you add source it will be easier to identify differences having this much data.

P.S.. Bunuel posts "related questions" to some topics, this is gold! Keep it up. If this only would be possible in mobile app (paid ofc)

Thank you for your great work, guys!

Thanks for the suggestion, kudos to you.

I coudnt understand point 2, also regarding point 3 why would you want to check other users bookmark, to check a importance of a topic we have KUDOS.

Point 4 can you be more detailed on what things you are looking for in an analysis?

You can also post your suggestions here suggestions-announcements-support-5/
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2014, 20:06
You are being compared to a sample of test takers who have taken these questions and a number of them probably had issues with verbal, and thus most likely your V score is inflated. Similarly, many here have a very high Q score, which will lower your score. Our system works based on percentiles (it determines where you fit in terms of speed of your answers and correctness and that determines your overall score). Then you are ranked in terms of percentiles, and it does favor people with more questions (not proportionately though, you can still be beated by a guy who answered only 50 questions, but we do not allow a guy who answered 10 correctly beat someone who answered 90 out of 100 if that makes sense.

I would take this as a helpful guideline, but it by no means an accurate predictor of your score since the test conditions are not simulated and you are compared to others as opposed to a gold standard of some sorts.
V

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2015, 23:29
rohitmanglik wrote:
Hi,

In daily practice questions I am getting 600-700 Level Questions (45% difficulty) everyday. My accuracy rate is 83% (mixed bag of 700+ and 600-700 level questions). In my last GMAT exam, I got Q49.

However, my score is consistent since 7 days (i.e. 42). Am I seeing this deflated score because I don't use timer?

See the screenshot attached.

If I am reading it correctly, looks like your average time to respond is 0:01 seconds... which will not be recognized by the timer as a valid time, so it is being ignored and only the questions that have a long enough and realistic approach are counted/included in your score estimate. We do take time into consideration of your score and that allows us to only have 10 questions vs. 37 for Q.

You need to use the timer properly (start it when you start the question) to get accurate results.

Good luck!
GMAT 1: 570 Q50 V19
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V28
GMAT 3: 690 Q50 V34
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2015, 22:57
A few suggestions:

1) Can we have a filter to only trusted source of questions in Personalized Daily Practice? OAs of Many questions at high difficulty level are easily refuted by Experts, substantially decreasing the score.

Might be in your algorithm to generate questions you can give some preference to trusted source questions (might be only Official) before you show problems of other sources.

2) Also, many a times one of the questions is a solved question. Can we have a filter for that as well?
V

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2016, 23:00
All questions are taken into consideration. The more questions you have in your history the more accurate is the prediction. There is a cut off however but it's based on one or two months of data so if you have taken some questions month ago they won't count.

Posted from my mobile device
V

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2017, 20:38

Important Update May 3, 2017:

We have released several improvements to the GMAT Club Workbook!
If you are not familiar with it, I highly recommend that you explore this area and start adding questions (questions are automatically added to the workbook when you use the timer). The workbook can help you keep track of you forum activity, save your practice history, and identify your weaknesses. Now it is even better!

Attachment:
workbook.jpg
workbook.jpg [ 141.45 KiB | Viewed 2320 times ]

1. Filter practice history (bottom area of the workbook) by Forum
  2. Filter practice history by Difficulty (new!)
  3. Filter practice history by Source! (new!)
  4. Now we display your answer - it is Green if you answered the question correctly and Red if you got it wrong (new!)
  5. Now we provide an easy way for you to Download your Workbook and build an ErrorLog out of it (new!)

Visit the GMAT Club Workbook

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and for pushing for this, esp warriorguy and mvictor
G
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: ISB '21 (S)
GPA: 4
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2018, 02:31
Hi bb

Seems like there is a problem with the GMAT score estimate. I have been attempting 700 level verbal questions with a mediocre accuracy level (around 70%). Still my projected verbal score is coming to be V51.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 20:45
I also feel the GMAT score estimator is quite off. It shows mine as Q22 V16 when my mock tests are around Q49 V26.

Manick9

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Club Timer: Error Log and Daily Practice Questions   [#permalink] 26 Jul 2018, 20:45

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 101 posts ] 

GMAT Club Timer: Error Log and Daily Practice Questions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep