It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 10:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATPREP ChallengeQ -The view has prevailed for the better

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 262

GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: GMATPREP ChallengeQ -The view has prevailed for the better [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2017, 23:08
Nightmare007 wrote:
4 min 23 seconds All correct
Wow.
New approach created.
:) .
which works wonders for me.

Hi Nightmare007,

Could you please throw some light on the "new approach" which worked for you?

Although I took just 7 mins on the passage and got all the answers right, I have noticed this happens only if I can relate to the passage. On the contrary, I screw up some medium difficulty passages with a low accuracy , if I cannot relate to the topics.
So just trying to discover various approaches by which I can consistently do well, regardless of the topic of the passage.

Thanks !

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 262

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 126

Re: GMATPREP ChallengeQ -The view has prevailed for the better [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 07:09
Nightmare007 wrote:
4 min 23 seconds All correct
Wow.
New approach created.
:) .
which works wonders for me.

What is that? would u like to share?

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 126

VP
VP
G

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 534

Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V36
GRE 1: 314 Q157 V157
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
GMATPREP ChallengeQ -The view has prevailed for the better [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 08:31
2. The passage suggests which of the following about the empirical study of small firms' role?

A. Anecdotal evidence does not support the theory that small firms' role is significant.
B. Degrees of market turbulence are the primary indicator of small firms' role.
C. An examination of new niches created by small firms has provided important data for the analysis of such firms' role.
D. Case studies have provided reliable evidence to answer major questions concerning small firms' role.
E. A more precise definition of the term "small firm" is crucial to making a conclusive analysis about small firms' role.

This question was tricky for me .

However, empirical knowledge about the relative roles of large and small firms is generally based upon anecdotal evidence and case studies, and such evidence has proved inadequate to answer major questions concerning the role of small firms across various industries and nations. An additional difficulty is that it is not obvious what criteria one should use to distinguish small firms from large ones. While a "small firm" is often defined as an enterprise with fewer than 500 employees, research studies of small firms use a wide variety of definitions.

Only A and E are worth comparing
But from the excerpt we can not deduce A as it does not give any evidence that small firms' role is significant or not significant all it says says that any conclusion can not be drawn from the said evidence . :-)

We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 534

GMATPREP ChallengeQ -The view has prevailed for the better   [#permalink] 20 Sep 2017, 08:31

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 23 posts ] 

GMATPREP ChallengeQ -The view has prevailed for the better

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap