Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 538 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink]
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hi vabhs192003,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I will let our Customer Care team know about this problem. In order to look into the problem, we will need the email address you registered with when creating your mba.com account and your phone number, so the team can contact you directly.

If you do not wish to share your personl information on this forum, please email socialmedia@mba.com

Apologies again.
Tina

Hi Tina,

I have already raised it with the team in my last email as I saw others also getting the same issue. Its unfortunate to see that nothing was done on it. I was just assured that my test score for GMAT Prep EXAM 3 would return. (Please refer to my earlier post in same thread.)

However you still insist I will drop a fresh mail on the subject to socialmedia@mba.com.

I have my GMAT exam day after tomorrow. Even if a resolution is rolled out in separate release I wont be benefited. :cry: :cry: Just disappointed as of now.

Thanks,
Vaibhav.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi vabhs192003,

The team has looked into your query and I am writing to confirm that the GMATPrep scoring algorithm is accurate. Like the GMAT® exam, an individual’s GMATPrep exam score is determined by the number of questions answered accurately, and more importantly, by the difficulty level of the questions answered as well. It is possible to earn a similar score for the same section in two different exams even when you answer more questions incorrectly in one exam than another.

In both the free GMATPrep software and in GMATPrep Exam Pack 1, there are enough questions to populate two exams each. Once you take the exams in the free software more than twice, or in the Exam Pack more than twice, you will begin to see repeat questions. This may alter the scoring outcome of your exams.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Tina
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1111 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
dabral wrote:
Thank you for releasing these much needed additional computer adaptive tests. I appreciate that GMAC is willing to release GMAT questions that reflect the difficulty and content of the current GMAT questions. This will help students get a realistic sense of what the actual GMAT is as opposed to relying on the older set of questions that form the bulk of the content in the Official GMAT guides.

I reviewed the new exam pack. I must say that the content is still the same and 99% of these questions are from old sources. I think it is not fair to SELL them and name them as completely new and never seen before.
My money is lost for nothing. almost 0.0009% new questions. that is not fair!!!
that's a shame. people earn money with lots of difficulties and waste them for completely old questions ((( I am sad and disappointed
you should not sell them naming them new,since it is not true! u should not make money selling them at all ((
Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Expert Reply
@LalaB

The pool of questions in GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is entirely new, meaning it is not present in any of the prior officially released GMAT questions. GMAC is correct in this assertion. Perhaps you can give us some examples of problems that you see in Exam Pack 1 that are present in the official guides or other official GMAT products released earlier.

Cheers,
Dabral
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1111 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
dabral wrote:
@LalaB

The pool of questions in GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is entirely new, meaning it is not present in any of the prior officially released GMAT questions. GMAC is correct in this assertion. Perhaps you can give us some examples of problems that you see in Exam Pack 1 that are present in the official guides or other official GMAT products released earlier.

Cheers,
Dabral

imo strange meaning of NEW. I saw all these questions in paper tests.
didnt know that NEW means not to be included in OGs. they should mention that these questions are from paper tests. in this case people who bought paper tests will not waste money buying the same questions twice

For example, I saw this question charcoal-from-a-hearth-site-in-colorado-2-000-miles-south-11419.html
see that this question was posted in 2004! is it fair to sell it as NEW after 9 years????

here is one more example - the-total-market-value-of-real-estate-in-altonville-has-51207.html
posted in 2007 in this forum and now sold by GMAC as new

perhaps i am not right, but i am sad,since i wasted my money ((
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi LalaB,

Thanks for your message. I can also confirm that all the questions in GMATPrep Exam Pack1 are completely new. Can you please send us a screen shot of what you are referring to so can verify your concerns?

Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Tina
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 831 [0]
Given Kudos: 291
Send PM
Hi Official GMAT Representative,
I am considering purchasing the Exam Prep 1. My question is that have all issues been solved or should I wait a little longer before u guys solve the bugs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi!
I bought the gmatprep pack (inc the 400 questions) a few days ago. I got the receipt in my email but no activation key. It didnt bother me since i just went online to 'My Purchases', got the key and activated the exams.
However, for some reason they've become deactivated. And theres something wrong with the gmac/mbadotcom website, i just cant access anything on my profile, i keep getting processing errors. Is this a website issue? Is there any way i can get my activation key some other way?
Thanks!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi yodud,

Can you please email screen shots of the processing errors to socialmedia@mba.com? A member of the team should be able to help once they see what the precise issues are.

Many thanks and apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks,
Tina
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
It seems like it was just a server error of sorts. After Sunday, its started working again :D. Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I have no idea why the file does not open on my Mac. I could not find any special instructions except the one that says : close the GMATPrep and click on the downloaded file. The file does not open! Any idea?
I really appreciate your help
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dear ayousef,

The GMATPrep software is compatible with operating system Mac OS X v10.6; v10.7; v10.8; or v10.9

Please also ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the free software: https://www.mba.com/us/store/download-fr ... p-software

If you're still having problems accessing the software, please email gmatprep@mba.com

Many thanks,
Tina
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi OfficalGMAT,
Although my software was current, it did not worked until I reinstalled the program.
I was very disappointed when I took the second test and found almost 4 repeated questions from the first test.
Is it too hard to put two different exams together for 40$?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ayousefi,

Did you take the first exam more than once? We recommend taking each exam only once or you may risk seeing duplicate questions.

Many thanks,
Tina
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I only took each test one, but I still got 4 same questions on the verbal section.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
I purchased this pack two weeks ago and have completed both tests.

In looking for explanations for the questions, I have found that almost every question I've encountered has been on the internet, as early as 2007!

How is it possible that these are never before released GMAT questions, when online discussions have been active about the very questions for over 7 years?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi forevertfc,

Thank you for your message. We're very suprised to hear that you've found questions from the Exam Pack on the internet. When developing the product, we were very careful to use items/questions that had never been seen before.

Can I ask that you please email our customer care team at socialmedia@mba.com with details of where you saw these questions? This will enable us to start investigating further.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Many thanks,
Tina
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7