Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:37 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Psi Omega
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GRE 1: Q630 V680
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Psi Omega
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GRE 1: Q630 V680
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep Score of 600 - What went wrong? [#permalink]
Erm. To clarify...

Was this GMATPrep or PowerPrep? The number of questions correct on the GMAT is only one part of the calculation. It is the number of questions you get right AND the level of difficulty of said questions that determines your score.

Lastly, AWA is an ENTIRELY different calculation - make sure you read all of the accompanying literature you got when you signed up for a test date...it should clear up any further confusion.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rockzom wrote:
Erm. To clarify...

Was this GMATPrep or PowerPrep? The number of questions correct on the GMAT is only one part of the calculation. It is the number of questions you get right AND the level of difficulty of said questions that determines your score.

Lastly, AWA is an ENTIRELY different calculation - make sure you read all of the accompanying literature you got when you signed up for a test date...it should clear up any further confusion.

Thanks for the help. And I made a mistake. I thought I read 37 correct, 17 incorrect, but it was actually 37 questions, 17 incorrect. In other words, I only got 20/37 correct.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Booth, Columbia, Kellogg,INSEAD, LBS
 Q48  V46
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
You had started this post to analyze where did you go wrong and seems like you have gone wrong in writing your scores.
Jokes apart,I guess here's what you may have got.
Quant : 20 Correct, 17 wrong
Verbal : 21 Correct, 20 wrong.

As you can see from your scores of both Quant and Verbal, you have around 50% accuracy on both the sections. That clearly indicates that you need to work on your concepts. My advice to you would be to not take any test immediately. Rather focus on the different areas, see where do you need to improve on , have the concepts "etched" in your unconscious mind and then go for another attempt at the Practice tests.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rishiraj wrote:
You had started this post to analyze where did you go wrong and seems like you have gone wrong in writing your scores.
Jokes apart,I guess here's what you may have got.
Quant : 20 Correct, 17 wrong
Verbal : 21 Correct, 20 wrong.

As you can see from your scores of both Quant and Verbal, you have around 50% accuracy on both the sections. That clearly indicates that you need to work on your concepts. My advice to you would be to not take any test immediately. Rather focus on the different areas, see where do you need to improve on , have the concepts "etched" in your unconscious mind and then go for another attempt at the Practice tests.

In the Verbal, I got 31 correct, 10 incorrect. I definitely feel more confident in my verbal answers. As far as the quantitative goes, there are a few concepts that I have definitely been overlooking. The problem is I am going to take the GMAT this Saturday. I just hope I can get a total score of at least 650.
GMAT Club Bot