Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
GMATPrep Time per question [#permalink]
I have the exact same question...I have a feeling that I screwed up on time because of only a couple of questions...but I don't see any way of finding that out...that sucks! :(
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 608 [0]
Given Kudos: 1348
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep Time per question [#permalink]
TDK82 wrote:
I have the exact same question...I have a feeling that I screwed up on time because of only a couple of questions...but I don't see any way of finding that out...that sucks! :(

bb, is there a way to find out time spent on each question of official gmat prep test, which i have taken.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1034 [0]
Given Kudos: 1091
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Hi. I just took a GMAT Prep mock and am pretty surprised at how bad their review mechanism is. I cant check how many section-wise questions I got wrong (as in there is no table or chart for this, I have to review the entire verbal/ quant section to check this question by question), no time spent per question, difficulty level, etc. These features many if not all test company mocks have in place. Am I missing something? is there any way to analyze this for the GMAT Prep mocks? I feel like giving the mock wouldn't be beneficial if I can't review it properly. Experts, if you could help VeritasKarishma GMATNinja bb EMPOWERgmatRichC
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [0]
Given Kudos: 18859
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes... it is pretty spartan and primitive.... and you have work to get the value. GMAC has not been very motivated to improve it or the OG companion software that allows taking questions... but for what it’s worth, GRE is not much better and used to be a lot worse until a few years ago.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1034 [0]
Given Kudos: 1091
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
bb wrote:
Yes... it is pretty spartan and primitive.... and you have work to get the value. GMAC has not been very motivated to improve it or the OG companion software that allows taking questions... but for what it’s worth, GRE is not much better and used to be a lot worse until a few years ago.

Oh, that really sucks!! If you would have any advice on how to go about reviewing the GMAT Prep mock in that case, pls do share! thanks :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [1]
Given Kudos: 18859
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just remembered.... You do get more analytics if you buy Exams 3&4. This was introduced back in 2017 when GMAC I tried iced ESR. Purchasing exams three and four enables advanced analytics feature for all exams including free ones. https://gmatclub.com/forum/regarding-gm ... 49054.html (this is the previous version of software but it gives an idea)

PS. I don’t know that I really have any specific advice for reviewing GMAT prep practice tests but I can tell you what I did... Back then there were only two tests So we treasure them and while you could reset them by reinstalling the software, there were really just 2.

I did not particularly worry about what type of questions I was missing unless there was a clear concerning pattern. I feel it’s a waste of official gmat prep test To tell me that I suck at reading comprehension or data sufficiency. You should know that ahead of time and work on fixing those issues instead of holding your fingers crossed on the test, right? :-) So I wasn’t using it as much for diagnostic purposes but rather to estimate my score. The only thing I would do after the test was review my incorrect and guess questions and then make a copy of those questions to make it easier to review using a screenshot and often I would print them out and then dig in why I made the mistakes. I wasn’t doing as much of analysis of the test or statistics but rather analyzing my mistakes and why I made them and figuring out how to avoid them in the future.

Use the GMAT prep software wisely.

Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22049 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi gibbet,

Unfortunately, there is no way to see your time per question on the GMAT prep practice exams. If you need any further advice, feel free to reach out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Send PM
Kritisood, next time download any screen recording software and start before your gmat prep, and then analyze time spend on each questions. GMAT doesn't provide detail analysis. :P but recording might help you.
GMAT Club Bot