SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY
Recent interviewed
SORT BY
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Feb 18 2019 [#permalink] Goizueta, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 11 2019 Final Decision: Withdrawn Application

"I had my interview at Emory. The interview was very pleasant, and I actually enjoyed speaking with the member of the adcom. Some of the questions I remember 1. How did you decide on your current company 2. Why did you pick your undergrad 3. ST/LT goals 4. example of leadership example? 5. why Goizueta 6. any questions for me? A lot of follow up's based on how I responded so I do not remember the other questions. PREPARE! But just know your resume and story. Like I said, it was a great conversation."

woody93 from United States Pharmaceuticals and Biotech
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 14 2019 [#permalink] Goizueta, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 06 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"The interview was with an AdCom Member and was very conversational and the interviewer went in blind (had not seen my application or essays). Some of the questions I was asked were: 1. Tell me about yourself/background 2. Post MBA-Goal short and long term 3. What's something unique about you that you will bring to the program 4. How would you give back to Goizueta as an alumnus 5. Talk about a time you lead a team and what you learned. There were other questions but I can't remember them."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 24 2019 [#permalink] Goizueta, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 03 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview was around 40 minutes. Standard interview questions. A few behavioural questions and cross questions. My interviewer also asked me what good places she could visit in the city and shared some anecdotes. She also told me a little about her family and kids and her mentor. She was an AdCom member so obviously she was trained in the process. She was absolutely lovely and I’m sure was the same to everyone else she interviewed as well. With such interviews it’s difficult to gauge whether you really did well or was it just the interviewer."

JungShook

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 05 2018 [#permalink] Goizueta
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 02 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"I just finished my virtual interview with the Admission Officer - HC. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. I did my best (in my opinion) and just need to pray from now on. Most of the questions asked are related to my resume, reasoning behind one thing and another. Anyway, here's all of the questions asked during the session: 1) Walk me through your resume - from undergraduate up until now 2) Why did you choose your first job, how did you find it? (maybe it's because I went to banking from an engineering school) 3) You only work at X for a year, and moved to a new job. what's the reason behind that short period of working? 4) Tell me about your new job, why did you take it and how did you find it? 5) What is your short-term goal after your MBA? 6) Are you sponsored? Tell me about your scholarship 7) Tell me about your business at X (my entrepreneurial journey) 8) What are you passionate about? 9) what do you do for fun? 10) Do you want to tell me anything or do you have questions for me? Hope it helps! Gudluck for us all!"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2018 [#permalink] Goizueta
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 03 2017 Final Decision: Interviewed

"R2 applicant. Today was my interview with Libby Livingston Power failure at exactly the same time as the interview..had to finally call her on phone :oops: It went well overall..no special incidents questions..general questions on leadership trait, the Whys of everything. 1. Tell me about your career after graduating from college 2. Why did you choose Samsung? 3. Why emory? 4. Why MBA? 5. Talk about your short-term and long term goals 6. Why you are the perfect candidate for this goal you have 7. Since you worked in various teams, what characteristics of a team can you tell 8. What leadership qualities you want to have and what you want to avoid, if you were to become a leader 9. One significant thing you can tell me about yourself that isn't listed in your resume Questions for me .. I asked two :wink: There were more general questions that I couldn't remember now. I hope it I make it with scholarship :-D Best of luck to the people who are invited !!"

pria131 from India GMAT 720; Computer Software

yes
no
On Campus Interviewed on: Jan 12 2016 Final Decision: Admitted

"One Year MBA Interview The interview was very conversational and focused primarily on my personal motivations for going back to business school. I answered the standard interview questions everyone should already know the answer to by your admissions interview: Why are you getting an MBA? Why are you interested in Goizueta? What are you long-term goals and why do you feel you need an MBA to achieve them? Why specifically are you interested in the one-year program? There was also a heavy personality component to the interview; I was asked questions about my resume, my background, my personal interests, and who my mentor is and why I chose him. The intimate nature of the Goizueta MBA program means that the admissions committee spends a lot of time assessing your personal fit into the program, not just what you want to do after you graduate. All that being said, my interview was very enjoyable and I never felt stressed or uncomfortable. I prepared for off-the-wall interview questions but found that in reality, the admissions committee really just wants to know who you are and if Emory can help you achieve what you are looking for."

rbrown599 from United States GMAT 710; Manufacturing

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 04 2016 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"Just got done with my interview, my first MBA interview ever. Was scheduled with Katie Lloyd. Had a great experience. Very friendly and nothing to be stressed about. Questions were : - - - Tell me about yourself? - - - Why MBA? Why Goizueta? - - - Leadership experience? - - - What would your peers or your manager comment about you? - - - What would your friends, in an informal setting, comment about you? - - - Tell me something unique about you? Had a bit of an informal chat at the end which was really a stress buster."

SohamDutta from India GMAT 750; Computer Software

yes
no