Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2055 [2]
Given Kudos: 174
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 4559 [1]
Given Kudos: 128
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Got 7 on IR with no study on GMAT Prep should I still prepare for IR? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
orochimaru123 wrote:
I have my GMAT in a few days and while trying to take a full-length test I got a 7 on the IR without studying for it at all. Do you still recommend studying for IR?
Is the GMAT Prep IR representative of the IR on the real exam?

Thank you for your time!
Solving a few IR questions is unlikely to be a problem, but make sure that it does not affect your quant and verbal. Those sections are much more important than IR.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Got 7 on IR with no study on GMAT Prep should I still prepare for IR? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi orochimaru123,

Assuming that you took the CAT (and this IR section) in a realistic fashion, then this result shows that you're a strong overall critical thinker - meaning that you probably don't need to do any additional work on IR.

Since you're just a few days from your Official Exam, you should limit your studies to general practice and light review (NO CATs and NO 'cramming') - you would be better served by getting some extra rest so that you can go into Test Day calm, clear-headed and ready to work.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22049 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi orochimaru123,

If you could score a 7 on IR, you’d be in a great spot. That being said, since your exam is in just a few days, I don’t recommend doing any major studying or cramming. What is the exact date of your GMAT? Definitely reach back out after to let us know how things went.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V46
Send PM
I found that my IR scored varied on the practice tests a fair bit, so ended up spending a couple of hours on it and ended up with a 7 on the official. I imagine it's only a flag for schools if you score really low, so don't stress too much about it. A few hours work (similar to the essay) should prep you enough!
GMAT Club Bot