Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 10:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Got Dinged! Need help to keep head above the water.

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Other)
Reviews Badge
Got Dinged! Need help to keep head above the water.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 03:52
Hi Experts,

So after applying to 5 Canadian universities with a not so bad 650 in gmat, 2 years of entrepreneur experience and eventually getting dinged, I am here again asking for help. The only university I am awaiting a response from is University of Alberta in which my application status is still under review from past 1 month.

My profile
Indian, 26 years old
Commerce background.
1st division in class 12th, 1st division in graduation.
I have worked 2 years at The Royal Bank of Scotland and I have my own start up now in education industry.

I applied to McGill, Sauders, Schulich, Mcmaster, and Alberta. Got interview invites from Mcmaster and Schulich and got rejected after interviews. The only feedback I got is this year was highly competitive. So if one were to ask me what I have learnt from my experience, I would not have much to tell.
I have improved my gmat score from an initial score of 230. So, i am willing to rise from the ashes again.

But before I move forward I am in need of your expert advise. I am not able to figure out things:-

1. What can I improve in my profile before I apply again for next year intake? The only thing I have in control is my gmat score, but my gmat was above the average for some university such as Mcmaster so im not sure whether a better gmat score would make any difference?
2. Should I apply to same universities again?
3. How will I be able to write my essays differently, given my reason and motivation for doing MBA are pretty much still the same?

I will be thankful if you could help me figure out this jigsaw somewhat. Looking forward to hear from you.

Also, if anyone has experienced the same situation in the past, please connect with me.

Thanks and Regards
SandySilva
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Got Dinged! Need help to keep head above the water.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 14:59
Hi sandysilva,

Thank you for your note, and sorry to hear about the results. There's a lot to unpack in here, so it's probably easiest to speak directly. Please feel free to sign up for a Free Consultation via the link below and I would be happy to share my thoughts!

https://www.avantiprep.com/free-consultation.html

Best Regards,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Got Dinged! Need help to keep head above the water.   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2019, 14:59

Got Dinged! Need help to keep head above the water.

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep