Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
elajoui,

I don't have much experience with top 10 schools or strategy, so take the following with a grain of salt...

If you're sure you won't need the GMAT because of the schools you're targeting (more on this below), I think that you're right in thinking that it would be a little anal to retake the GRE since you've already put up a 780q and a 700v. It's pretty widely accepted that adcomms consider the highest score. They may be more likely to mix and match the subscores on the GRE because you're not supposed to add the scores anyway. The only problem I see is that top 10 is extremely competitive. My understanding is that strategy is fairly quantitative, and with GRE quant scores of 800 being only around 90% (as I recall), your 780 may be a problem (yes, that does seem silly given the standard error of the test, but it's a convenient way to draw a line). However, your undergrad pedigree is excellent and you have research experience (although a quantitative masters would be nice), so my guess is that you would be a good top 10 candidate.

Having said that though, you may want to consider some schools outside the top 10. You are likely to be asked in an interview (or even an app) what other schools you have applied to. Adcomms may be a little concerned about your "Business Week shotgun" approach to selecting schools. They like to see more consideration of alignment with the school, especially with regard to research interest (although as a practical matter your interests are likely to change, especially if you are younger person).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does everyone have an 800Q GRE? [#permalink]
It seems like everyone I talk to has an 800Q GRE. I am applying to OB programs, and I have a 750Q 750V. Do I stand a chance or should I retake? Again, it seems a bit odd to retake with a relatively good total score. Does anyone have an opinion?
GMAT Club Bot
Does everyone have an 800Q GRE? [#permalink]
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4380 posts