GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 03:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Guidance needed plz

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Guidance needed plz  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 18:08
I have started to prepare for GMAT for past 2 weeks. I have the following resources available with me :

1) OG review
2) OG verbal & quants book
3) Manhattan sentence correction
4) Powerscore critical bible
5) Magoosh lessons & practice
6) Manhattan Quants book

Though i prepare very hard 5-6 hours a day , I couldnt see any improvement when I attend SC part & Critical Reasoning in OG.
I could just answer 30-40% of them right.

I feel comfortable with Quants. But gotta improve Verbal lot. I am aiming to score 700 in another 2 months. Please suggest me good ideas .

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: INSEAD Jan '19
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Guidance needed plz  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 21:03
I have the same problem but for Quant: although my verbal is acceptable, my quant is very low no matter how much I review the topics.
Any suggestions on how to study for gmat quant? Shall I focus more on studying the theory or on the problems?

Thank you!
Senior PS Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Guidance needed plz  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 21:50
Hi AkshayaGovindarajan,

I had used the eGMAT SC Course to improve my grasp on the SC.
If i am not wrong, it will cost you 69$ but will definitely improve the way you approach an SC.
The entire course is in the form of videos, which explain in detail the concepts being tested.
That being said, what worked for me, may not necessarily work for you.

You could subscribe for a free trial and see if the videos help you improve your accuracy.
The Aristotle SC Grail will help reinforce those concepts. The 100 question problem set
at the end of the book is quite good and can help you figure out your common mistakes.

As for CR, stick to the CR Bible - Powerscore, which is a very good resource.
Once you are clear with the concepts, just practice a lot.
You could use GMATClub for practice.
Try this link - https://gmatclub.com/forum/critical-rea ... 28861.html
IMO, extensive practice is the only key to cracking the CR section.

Use the negation technique to do Assumption questions once you are down to 2 choices.
More on that : https://gmatclub.com/forum/article-what ... 38510.html

Hope this helps!
P
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.76
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2017, 00:33
AkshayaGovindarajan wrote:
I have started to prepare for GMAT for past 2 weeks. I have the following resources available with me :

1) OG review
2) OG verbal & quants book
3) Manhattan sentence correction
4) Powerscore critical bible
5) Magoosh lessons & practice
6) Manhattan Quants book

Though i prepare very hard 5-6 hours a day , I couldnt see any improvement when I attend SC part & Critical Reasoning in OG.
I could just answer 30-40% of them right.

I feel comfortable with Quants. But gotta improve Verbal lot. I am aiming to score 700 in another 2 months. Please suggest me good ideas .

Thanks

For SC i will suggest you to go through manhattan sc twice...and then attempt OG questions..you will see improvement
For CR powerscore bible is best..the best part about CR and RC is that you can practice out of Official questions and for that LSAT is helpful. after completing each section try to attempt 20 questions related to that section. Veritas and manhattan Cr questions are good for practice.
Once you have build your concepts, its time to use OG and verbal guide. make error log, read complete explanations regarding questions posted at gmatclub
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2017, 09:42
giuliab3 wrote:
I have the same problem but for Quant: although my verbal is acceptable, my quant is very low no matter how much I review the topics.
Any suggestions on how to study for gmat quant? Shall I focus more on studying the theory or on the problems?

Thank you!

memorize and understand all the formula and concepts before your . Practice more questions .
Practice = Success in Maths.

I have subscribed MAgoosh . They provide Lessons for all the concepts in Maths. They are very helpful in understanding concepts for me.

Hope this helps.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Guidance needed plz   [#permalink] 26 Jul 2017, 09:42

Guidance needed plz

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep