Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Schools:Chicago R2
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: Gutted !!!! [#permalink]
After reading about your previous score, I can understand why you'd feel down.

However, as the above poster says, and I'm sure you're more than aware of (looking at your post count) that your score won't keep you out of any schools.

Good luck on the application process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 722 [0]
Send PM
bsd,

I think it's an excellent score. I can understand your disappointment though. I think you are good for any school buddy. GMAT is just a part of the application. I don't think a school will ding you bcos u didn't score a 750+. Moreover your score shows consistency in performance which should be a plus in your application.

Did you see a lot of word translations, P&C and probability in the test? Are GMAT club challenges/ MGMAT quant much tougher than the real GMAT?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Bsd,

You obviously had your own reasons that made you retake the GMAT in the first place. If you feel that those reasons are still valid, by all means, do retake it. If you were to retake the test, make sure focus on only your weak areas, and go into it not so nervous (easier said than done). I am sure whatever you do will be a good decision.

barfer wrote:
Viva Australia! bsd_lover, great deal, you're still consistent!!! Let's play a bit more, more, more... :) Good luck, man!

First the Pharlap, then the pavlova, then Crowded House, are you guys going to take BSD away from us too?? He also holds a kiwi passport (before an aussie one!). :lol:

Viva Aotearoa!

no need to be gutted BSD!!, you know you have improved over your last GMAT score and thats the main thing!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Send PM
Hey BSD, this is a super score. Take my advice watch the "incredible hulk" today and drown yourself in beer. Arron is quite right, GMAT is just the first step towards your college hunt and the score will definitely help you. 42 in verbal is awesome, and I hope to get similar score in my attempt. Take a break :drunk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Send PM
Hey BSD,

First of all: Your really have a great score. Congrats mate! Somehow ironic that you confirmed your last year's result, but be happy. I would be glad to break in the 700 mark...but I decided not to retake it at the moment, since I am still hoping... :(

I personally think that you should concentrate now again on your application and your application story, since a 750 doesn't make any difference for adcom. Think about what you can tell Adcom that makes you an outstanding applicant (volunteer work, start to learn another language,...). I am sure that next season will be great success for your application, if not LBS turns into a late admit...let's wait for June 27th...

cheers mate!

catgmat
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Thanks everyone for the support,

cat fingers crossed for both of us on the 27th...

buff you missed out Russell Crowe from the list. I'm just gonna take a few days off any study .. and think about it. Perhaps WL result from LBS might change my mind...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Concentration: General Management , Strategy
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Hey BSD

Firstly congrats.. 720 is no mean feat . I know its the same score in ur second attempt, and I know what youll be feeling because youve slogged... Ive benefited a lot from your help in this forum... And hope you stay here a little longer to help the others reach their GMAT goals..

Secondly, I would suggest you talk to the universities ADCOM, and fellow members on the GMATCLUB, perhaps post a question on the GMATCLUB, on whether a repeat GMAT would help, in increasing your prob of getting an admit to ur dream school... If it doesnt help, use this time , to work on your apps and EC if you beed to strengthen them.

Im no ADCOM member, but have read enough on the fact that a 750, will not get you an admitincase you have weak EC and work ex and avg essays, and 650 can be good enough to get you in your dream school with killer essays, and good EC .

Best of luck... Hope to read more from you....

Originally posted by bhatiagp on 20 Jun 2008, 02:50.
Last edited by bhatiagp on 20 Jun 2008, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 622 [0]
Send PM
Congrats BSD,

I've seen your posts on the forum and i can say that you desrve 750+, but as other have pointed out, 720 is not a bad score. I wish you all the best for your next move ......
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4317 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Congrats bsd, you are consistent.
Great performance. But honestly you deserve 770+.

But for that split you the score should be 730..i do not understand why 720.
Though I congratulate you, I am very curious to know what exactly happened?
Terrific verbal score.
720 is awesome score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
BSD - Sorry to hear that you didn't reach your goal. I think you deserved better may be it was just a bad day. That was a good score for me though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Send PM
BSD...

First of all congratulations are in order I believe....and as Buffdaddy said...if the reasons why you took the retake with 720 in the first place are still valid...do go ahead and retake...I believe it goes beyond the score....its far more intangible than any of us can imagine..

Though I have seen your posts...they are really high quality and helped all of us a lot in every way...but I cannot really vouch for a score that is appropriate for you or for anybody else for tht matter...its the sum total of so many factors...everything has to be in sync at the right time...

I am sure 720 is no mean feat :-D and wont keep you out of any bschool.....I am sure you will hear positively at LBS and elsewhere....

All the best man! You rock!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1510 [0]
Send PM
Great job bsd, I do understand your feeling of getting jobbed. An increase from 40 to 42 on verbal is a signif jump. I don't think it will hurt you if you decide to retake while you are putting your apps together (soon?). Perhaps a short break between the official tests will serve you better because of the comfort of familiar environment.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Also I committed the cardinal sin of not moving on from a certain question in the middle. As a result, I always had half an eye on the clock. Normally I finish 10 mts early. This was not normal, I barely finished on time, and hence the score was not what I expected to be either.

BSD,
I bet if you fix this particular problem you will get to that 49. You are smart and you have studied hard, most of the questions you will be able to answer in 2 minutes or less--even when you get up to 48+. However, there will be those doosies, and when you get to them, if you are nowhere near answering the question after 1 minutes, skip it. That does mean you cannot answer 49+ level questions, but maybe that particular question was not your strong suit. There are plenty of other question types at the 49+ level that you can answer. As I said, you are smart and you've studied hard, after you skip a question, most likely the next few questions you will be able to answer and those could be 49+ questions.

Emoryhopeful is a good basecase for this tactic. He said he did not know combinations/permutations very well, so when he came to those questions he would skip them after 20 seconds of tryring to figure them out. If I remember correctly, he ended up with a 49.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
BSD-
Congrats.

Originally posted by clubgmat25 on 20 Jun 2008, 10:47.
Last edited by clubgmat25 on 15 Dec 2008, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Dude IMHO I think retaking it again would look bad. 720 is a super score...you hit that twice. If you take it again, it might show Adcom that your priorities are in the wrong place. Would taking it again and hitting 730 or 740 do anything to increase your chances of admission??? Probably not (unless you are Indian IT and need a super score).

Just kill the apps this time around!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Congrats for your super score, BSD! We're all proud of you.
I know that you deserve much higher score. It was just a bad day for you. We know how powerful and destructive nervousness is. However, you still got a good score :wink: If you want a higher score, you can take the test again anytime, and I bet you will have it.
Just enjoy your weekend, sleep well, and have fun !!!
All the best to you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
bsd_lover, You have scored my 'Dream score' congrates. !!!. I can understand your frustration. But, all the time you have a balanced Verbal and Quant score. This is something very good. ALL THE BEST BUDDY...
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts