GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 08:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2014, 23:44
Congratulations on the great journey and a great score!
Affiliations: National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2014, 10:32
Kinjal das,

Im very happy for you. But this giea without saying , i will miss you in RC and sc sections. There are few poeple, whose replies i used to rely upon

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Sloan '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2014, 12:21
Congrats)) Very motivating debrief. One of the best that I have read last days.
Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2014, 22:19
PiyushK wrote:
Congratulations Kinjal. ...You nailed the GMAT.

Thanks Piyush. I used to follow all your GMATPrep SC questions and RC questions. Thanks for helping aspirants such as me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 05:08
Wow, very good post and very good score.

In highest respect...
MBA Blogger
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: NTU '19
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 10:24
Hi kinjiGC,
Congratulations for such a nice score on GMAT. If I am not wrong, you are the same member from BTG fb page forum.
Please share some strategy doc. (if any) for different small modules. Congratulations once again.
All the best for applications.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 20:00
Congrats bro. Great Score..
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2014, 22:50
Motivatedtowin wrote:
Materials used
If given the chance, I will write hundred times - GMATPrep questions. They are just gold mine and without practicing those question, crossing VA 40 would have been a pipe dream.

Hey kinjiGC,

highly motivating debrief... :-D :-D
Just wanted to ask, when you say gmat prep questions what exactly does that include?
The questions in the test as well as others?
Also could u tell me little bit about the scratch pad that u get on the test day? I read somewhere that you get one for each section :? is that true?

GMATPrep questions -> Questions which appear in the GMATPrep Mocks/Question Pack 1.
OG questions are -> in OG 13/Verbal 2nd edition.
I feel that OG questions are easier than GMATPrep questions. So first complete those questions and then come to GMATPrep Questions.

About the scratch Pad : You can ask as many as you want but the condition is only after you finish it. In my last attempt, my scratch pad was finished when 5-6 mins to go for quant and I literally didn't have space to do any further problems. I started searching for small side spaces and started writing the questions there. I think that might have affected my QA score and I got paltry QA 49. Anyway, so make sure you have enough space towards the end of the Quant section. Normally VA doesn't require any scratch pad, but some of the tough CR questions might require.

Hope I have answered your question.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2015, 23:03
nice forum thank you for sharing this all the information..
e-GMAT Representative
P

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2015, 16:14
Congratulations for making it to Tepper and NUS. Both these schools are excellent. Both have really good faculty as well as placements. You will be in good company at either school.

I agree with your assessment of ISB - with 9 years of experience, they may be concerned about your marketability after your MBA.

Quote:
I got calls from all the institutes apart from Anderson. It beats me why I didn't get a call from Anderson. May be the reason was I didn't spend too much time on the application and unlike other schools, I had only one essay to showcase my fit with the school. In other schools as I had two essays, I dedicated one essay for professional experience and other extra curriculars. In fact, having spent 9 years in Tech and my post MBA goals are in Tech industries, I thought west coast will make proper sense and Anderson will be a good fit.

Must be your application. I can say that the best places for techies are

1) Bay Area (really active VC community + amazing job opportunities)
2) NY Area (really good VC activity + job opportunities)
3) Dallas (although BB may recommend Seattle area)

Quote:
All in all, the Applications are way more tougher than GMAT and requires a considerable effort on behalf of applicant to network and talk to current students and come up with a good fit. I must say, all the current students or alum were very accommodating in answering questions about schools and inside details which is not available on the site.

I am glad that you actually talked to Alums. This gives insights that you won't get from the website or even from admission consultants.

Quote:
WPCarey is WL as of now

I am surprised. How was your application? You are the second student I know of who has been wait-listed despite having a good profile and a great GMAT score.

Overall, both Tepper and NUS are amazing schools. Just make sure that you continue tapping into the network at Tepper.

Good luck!!

Rajat Sadana

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2015, 22:57
Quote:
egmat kinjiGC - Marketability in what sense? In terms of getting a placement or something else?

Rohit - you are correct - Marketability in terms of a getting a securing a job in which Kinjal earns significantly more than he currently is. After all, this is one of the metrics that every (or most) business school strives to achieve.

While GMAT is quite important at ISB, there are other factors that they look at as well. One factor that I know is International Work Experience. I know of couple of cases similar to the ones you cited (though guys not girls), in which ISB has offered offered admissions to students who had international experience despite low GMAT scores. This by no way means that they will reject students with high GMAT scores.

I am sure that Kinjal would have gotten through ISB if he had three years of experience as opposed to 9.

-Rajat

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 18:11
e-GMAT Representative
P

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 23:05
Nice.. Congratulations.. That's what I received in 2004. Its good to make some $$ while studying for free :).

I can tell you that WP Carey's placement is quite good. They are the #1 school in Az, so all the top companies come for recruitment there. This is one thing I realized after choosing Babson over WP Carey (I had the full fellowship from Babson as well). Since Babson is in Boston, close to MIT, Harvard, Yale, BU, BC, and comparable or better ranked schools, I had to compete for jobs with graduates from these colleges, whereas ASU graduates had the advantage of graduating from the #1 school in the state. Most of the graduating class of 2006 had jobs by 2005 December (The job market was really booming then)

You are in an excellent position. Choose wisely.

-Rajat
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2015, 00:47
Truly inspiring Man!!

Even i have given CAT for 4 times but didnt get to good college .. .scores ranged from 90-98.8 percentile!!

I realize that i cannot change the world....But i can play a part :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2015, 09:59
Congratulations!! it seems you have earned scholarships for GMAT preparation and MBA. Lucky dude. Which school did you chose?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2015, 22:36
Hi Kinjal,

Congrats for the results!! Best of luck for the future, learned much from your post...thanks!!!

Apoorv

I realize that i cannot change the world....But i can play a part :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2015, 22:59
Congratulations and all the best for your future. I have taken a print out of your GMAT journey details and pinned it to my study desk. Hopefully it will inspire to complete my own journey !!!
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2015, 21:59
apolo wrote:
Hi KinjiGC
Thanks,

Please find my answers inline

1. Didn't you use Manhattan SC book at all?!

Kinjal : Yes, I used it but it is full of rules which I don't think you require all. I preferred to solve OG problems and practice only those rules which are getting tested.

2. you have said that you practiced with many many GMATPrep questions. However, didn't this have any effect on your scores in GMATPrep mock tests? Since you practiced with so many GMATprep questions, then it might be the case that you encountered some of them on mock tests with GMATprep.
I am thinking that whether it is a good strategy to work with GMATprep questions before taking GMATprep exams: if one solves too many of them, he/she might see some of them when practicing with GMATPrep software.

Kinjal : GMAT Prep questions are simply the best source you will ever get. So after taking mocks, keep retaking mocks till you get 770-780 in GMAT prep so that you have seen and practiced all the good questions. That will build perspective. At the end of the day, GMAT scores need to be valid for 5 years and they cannot test out of ordinary this year which they haven't tested earlier, as they have to make the scores uniform across. So practiced as many as possible GMAT Prep questions.

All the best.
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2014, 07:19
Congratulations Kinjal !!!! Great debrief !!!!

May you please tell from where we can get GMAT PREP questions for practice?

Also, the GMAT exam SC questions are very different from the ones that we are used to- in the sense that GMAT SC questions lay more emphasis on proper construction, no redundancies, no awkward constructions etc. It's like all the 5 options sound weird, you just need to select the least weird option. You don't see any splits on GMAT SC questions- Did you have any specific strategy to tackle SC questions on exams? And how about CR questions?

Regards,
Rajeev.
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2014, 08:49
Thanks for the suggestions :)

kinjiGC wrote:
raj44 wrote:
Congratulations Kinjal !!!! Great debrief !!!!

May you please tell from where we can get GMAT PREP questions for practice?

Also, the GMAT exam SC questions are very different from the ones that we are used to- in the sense that GMAT SC questions lay more emphasis on proper construction, no redundancies, no awkward constructions etc. It's like all the 5 options sound weird, you just need to select the least weird option. You don't see any splits on GMAT SC questions- Did you have any specific strategy to tackle SC questions on exams? And how about CR questions?

Regards,
Rajeev.

For GMATPrep questions, you can search with the tag - GMATPrep. Also you can go to the souvik101990 's post which has a PDF which has majority of the GMATPrep SC questions.

I realized whatever I learnt from GMATPrep question, I can apply similar rules on the actual GMAT SC questions. Sentence Structure , Modifier, SV are the majority of the errors. You just need to complete as much as possible. Other sources such as magoosh, MGMT and VeritasPrep also have good question but those should be taken as extra practice. The back bone of your prep should be GMATPrep questions.

CR questions -> I am actually comfortable in CR and RC. But I practiced from GMATPrep sources and OG 13, Verbal review 2nd Edition. Keep on revising all the official questions and you should know the correct reason for wrong answers.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)   [#permalink] 01 Dec 2014, 08:49

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 83 posts ] 

Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics