GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 01:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V41
GMAT 3: 790 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.3
Re: Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2014, 10:35
kinjiGC wrote:
honchos wrote:
Kinjal give me some tips to score 760 :P

You will score way more than 760 anytime to take GMAT. You are full of quality. You will definitely make through HBS. All the best :)

Wow getting diplomatic. All the best Kinjal. Cheers!!!!!!
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2014, 11:11
WaterFlowsUp wrote:
Kinjal das,

Im very happy for you. But this giea without saying , i will miss you in RC and sc sections. There are few poeple, whose replies i used to rely upon

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks!! it is an honor coming from you !!!
Status: Everyone is a leader. Just stop listening to others.
GPA: 3.51
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2014, 22:02
Congratulations Kinjal. ...You nailed the GMAT.
Don't forget to press--> Kudos :)
My Articles: 1. WOULD: when to use? | 2. All GMATPrep RCs (New)
Tip: Before exam a week earlier don't forget to exhaust all gmatprep problems specially for "sentence correction".
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2014, 00:34
kinjiGC - Can you please advise on what all practice material you used on your last attempt?

I have the following:
1) GMATPrep docs from GMATClub which has about 850 questions each for Quant and Verbal. (Does this doc contain questions from new GMATPrep Exam pack too?)
2) GMATClub tests for Quant and Verbal
3) Manhattan Mocks
4) GMATPrep Question Pack $30
5) GMATPrep Exam Pack $50

Can you please advise on which of the above should I use or not use or any other stuff that I should use.
Also could you advise the order in which you would advise me to use them.
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2014, 22:32
rohitsaxena00 wrote:
kinjiGC - Can you please advise on what all practice material you used on your last attempt?

I have the following:
1) GMATPrep docs from GMATClub which has about 850 questions each for Quant and Verbal. (Does this doc contain questions from new GMATPrep Exam pack too?)
2) GMATClub tests for Quant and Verbal
3) Manhattan Mocks
4) GMATPrep Question Pack $30
5) GMATPrep Exam Pack $50

Can you please advise on which of the above should I use or not use or any other stuff that I should use.
Also could you advise the order in which you would advise me to use them.

I think the list looks good and you should go for other resources only when you run out of the above resources.

All the best.
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2014, 22:34
raincollector19 wrote:
Hello kinjiGC, Congrats on great score. I would like to know how did you study for SC using egmat. Did you made notes ? How much time it took you to complete the whole SC course ?

I think e-gmat SC is quite descriptive and you don't have to make notes. There are some things which are not covered in the e-gmat (I am talking about Ver 1.0 which I used), and you can find those specific concepts in the e-gmat forums. Once you complete the e-gmat topics, you can start with the official questions and once you can confident, you can start solving Mocks.
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Business Development (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 00:45
Thanx a lot kinjiGC (Kinjal) for your advice and concern :)

Consider giving KUDOS if you appreciate my post !!
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 12:12
Sorry for the delay in replying to all the doubts. Feel free to PM me.

I am getting a lot of queries for Test Taking strategies:
My response would be: Try to be comfortable as much as possible during the test. You can practice mock and see what suits you. When I started my GMATPrep I read one 760 debrief and he said he had a habit of chewing the back of the pencil. He actually chewed the back of the marker so that worked for him. Try to take mocks, during the same time when you plan to take GMAT. My time was always 11:30 am and I booked a slot for 1:00 pm and I went early, I started by 12:30 pm - almost the same time.

If writing on the scratch pad makes you comfortable, so be it. As long as you can complete the paper with best of your ability, it should be fine. Normally the time should be maintained for 10 block of questions. Make sure what makes you comfortable and what increases your score.

All the best. Any specific query, please do post.
Concentration: Healthcare, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2014, 21:46
Materials used
If given the chance, I will write hundred times - GMATPrep questions. They are just gold mine and without practicing those question, crossing VA 40 would have been a pipe dream.

Hey kinjiGC,

highly motivating debrief... :-D :-D
Just wanted to ask, when you say gmat prep questions what exactly does that include?
The questions in the test as well as others?
Also could u tell me little bit about the scratch pad that u get on the test day? I read somewhere that you get one for each section :? is that true?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2014, 02:26
kinjiGC wrote:
Motivatedtowin wrote:
Materials used
If given the chance, I will write hundred times - GMATPrep questions. They are just gold mine and without practicing those question, crossing VA 40 would have been a pipe dream.

Hey kinjiGC,

highly motivating debrief... :-D :-D
Just wanted to ask, when you say gmat prep questions what exactly does that include?
The questions in the test as well as others?
Also could u tell me little bit about the scratch pad that u get on the test day? I read somewhere that you get one for each section :? is that true?

GMATPrep questions -> Questions which appear in the GMATPrep Mocks/Question Pack 1.
OG questions are -> in OG 13/Verbal 2nd edition.
I feel that OG questions are easier than GMATPrep questions. So first complete those questions and then come to GMATPrep Questions.

About the scratch Pad : You can ask as many as you want but the condition is only after you finish it. In my last attempt, my scratch pad was finished when 5-6 mins to go for quant and I literally didn't have space to do any further problems. I started searching for small side spaces and started writing the questions there. I think that might have affected my QA score and I got paltry QA 49. Anyway, so make sure you have enough space towards the end of the Quant section. Normally VA doesn't require any scratch pad, but some of the tough CR questions might require.

Hope I have answered your question.

yes it does thanks :) and forgot to say this before, :cry:
congrats on your really awesome score :-D All the best for the apps
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2015, 12:31
please suggest me good material for RC ASAP since i m planning to take my Gmat in february.
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 12:05
shrestharaj wrote:
please suggest me good material for RC ASAP since i m planning to take my Gmat in february.

Official questions for RC will do wonders.
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT Date: 05-10-2015
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 21:45
Hi Kinji,
First of all accept my hearty congratulation for the achieved score.
Since i am still continuing my journey, I have few quarries whose answers will help me in my preparation under pressured condition:-

1) You said that by the time you reached 21st question, you were left with 30 mins.
My question is how did you manage to answer confidently last 21 questions (all tougher ones, with approx <1.5 mins per question) with in 30 mins. Was guessing involved or do you think <1.5 mins is enough to answer even the tough question in GMAT. Kindly shed some light.

2) I have downloaded and practiced from GMatPrep-question collections from gmatClub forum posted by multiple people. My doubt is whether it is advisable now to "buy" GMATPrep questions online, because i fear that i will get almost same question which i have already downloaded ? That will be waste of money spent. Kindly suggest.

Thank you.
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2015, 07:06
Hi Kinjal ,

Congrats for the great score !!! I started reading your experience as CAT is mentioned there . Even i am fed up of indian exams now.
just a small query , after going through your review i have decided to buy Gmat prep Exam pack 1(29$) and also Gmat prep 2 mocks(49$) .
Just wanted to know do these extra 2 mocks i am gonna purchase contain any questions from exam pack1 ?? otherwise score will be inflated !!
Congtras once again !!

Aditya
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2015, 11:55
adityadon wrote:
Hi Kinjal ,

Congrats for the great score !!! I started reading your experience as CAT is mentioned there . Even i am fed up of indian exams now.
just a small query , after going through your review i have decided to buy Gmat prep Exam pack 1(29$) and also Gmat prep 2 mocks(49$) .
Just wanted to know do these extra 2 mocks i am gonna purchase contain any questions from exam pack1 ?? otherwise score will be inflated !!
Congtras once again !!

Aditya

I guess you got confused between GMATPrep Question Pack 1 - $29.99 - http://www.mba.com/india/store/store-ca ... ack-1.aspx
and GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 - $49.99 - http://www.mba.com/india/store/store-ca ... ack-1.aspx

There is no overlap between these two.
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2015, 12:01
aniteshgmat1101 wrote:
Hi Kinji,
First of all accept my hearty congratulation for the achieved score.
Since i am still continuing my journey, I have few quarries whose answers will help me in my preparation under pressured condition:-

1) You said that by the time you reached 21st question, you were left with 30 mins.
My question is how did you manage to answer confidently last 21 questions (all tougher ones, with approx <1.5 mins per question) with in 30 mins. Was guessing involved or do you think <1.5 mins is enough to answer even the tough question in GMAT. Kindly shed some light.

2) I have downloaded and practiced from GMatPrep-question collections from gmatClub forum posted by multiple people. My doubt is whether it is advisable now to "buy" GMATPrep questions online, because i fear that i will get almost same question which i have already downloaded ? That will be waste of money spent. Kindly suggest.

Thank you.

Thanks Anitesh !!

Coming to your questions:
1) Initially I took some time to cross check my answers and it took quite some time. Later when I saw less time for next half of questions, I wasn't double checking my answers at all. I guess it might have suffered some accuracy there. Last 1 SC (41st Question) was a complete guess. I had roughly less than 1 minute and I had to guess.

2) Always Buy !! Because of two reasons : These are authentic and you have confidence that you are practicing official questions and secondly, you can take a practice test using a similar tool which you will see in the real test and not a PDF.
My Personal advice : If you are think about money part, please don't because you don't want to pay $250 for GMAT retake and later for all good schools applications will cost you $200+ anyway. if you have a better score, you can drastically reduce your application expenses. Just my thoughts.

All the best
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT Date: 05-10-2015
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2015, 22:34
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will surely buy the question pack and mocks. :)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2015, 21:56
egmat wrote:
Congratulations for making it to Tepper and NUS. Both these schools are excellent. Both have really good faculty as well as placements. You will be in good company at either school.

I agree with your assessment of ISB - with 9 years of experience, they may be concerned about your marketability after your MBA.

Quote:
I got calls from all the institutes apart from Anderson. It beats me why I didn't get a call from Anderson. May be the reason was I didn't spend too much time on the application and unlike other schools, I had only one essay to showcase my fit with the school. In other schools as I had two essays, I dedicated one essay for professional experience and other extra curriculars. In fact, having spent 9 years in Tech and my post MBA goals are in Tech industries, I thought west coast will make proper sense and Anderson will be a good fit.

Must be your application. I can say that the best places for techies are

1) Bay Area (really active VC community + amazing job opportunities)
2) NY Area (really good VC activity + job opportunities)
3) Dallas (although BB may recommend Seattle area)

Quote:
All in all, the Applications are way more tougher than GMAT and requires a considerable effort on behalf of applicant to network and talk to current students and come up with a good fit. I must say, all the current students or alum were very accommodating in answering questions about schools and inside details which is not available on the site.

I am glad that you actually talked to Alums. This gives insights that you won't get from the website or even from admission consultants.

Quote:
WPCarey is WL as of now

I am surprised. How was your application? You are the second student I know of who has been wait-listed despite having a good profile and a great GMAT score.

Overall, both Tepper and NUS are amazing schools. Just make sure that you continue tapping into the network at Tepper.

Good luck!!

Rajat Sadana

egmat kinjiGC - Marketability in what sense? In terms of getting a placement or something else?
I recently came to know of a person who has gotten into ISB with a 600 on GMAT. A female who had a broken 3 year work ex with lots of gaps. Although she wasn't from IT or an engineering background.
It beats me how can such profiles make it to ISB with a 600.
I mean I know GMAT isn't everything but, its quite important isn't it?
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2015, 22:43
rohitsaxena00 wrote:
- Marketability in what sense? In terms of getting a placement or something else?
I recently came to know of a person who has gotten into ISB with a 600 on GMAT. A female who had a broken 3 year work ex with lots of gaps. Although she wasn't from IT or an engineering background.
It beats me how can such profiles make it to ISB with a 600.
I mean I know GMAT isn't everything but, its quite important isn't it?

Marketability -> Placing students post MBA.

ISB adcom is the best judge of the profiles they want to let in.

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2015, 22:57
Quote:
egmat kinjiGC - Marketability in what sense? In terms of getting a placement or something else?

Rohit - you are correct - Marketability in terms of a getting a securing a job in which Kinjal earns significantly more than he currently is. After all, this is one of the metrics that every (or most) business school strives to achieve.

While GMAT is quite important at ISB, there are other factors that they look at as well. One factor that I know is International Work Experience. I know of couple of cases similar to the ones you cited (though guys not girls), in which ISB has offered offered admissions to students who had international experience despite low GMAT scores. This by no way means that they will reject students with high GMAT scores.

I am sure that Kinjal would have gotten through ISB if he had three years of experience as opposed to 9.

-Rajat
Re: Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)   [#permalink] 19 Apr 2015, 22:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 83 posts ] 

Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics