GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 01:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Nov 2015, 00:40
It all started with CAT (Top MBA entrance in India for IIMs)

It all started way back in 2009, when I decided to have MBA degree. In India, CAT is more preferred and I joined the CAT coaching institutes. While studying for CAT, I developed habit of solving CAT Quant fast and I loved solving RC. CAT a peculiar SC and I never liked those questions so I never developed SC solving techniques. I used to solve a lot of LR and that tuned the CR. Over the years, with scores ranging from 64.94%tile to 89%tile, I lost hope in CAT even though in mocks, I was scoring round about 97-99. In one CAT exam (I don't remember the year), I scored 17.XX %tile in VA. That was the lowest point. Next year, I got 47.XX%tile in VA. CAT moved to computer based testing in the year 2009 onward and I didn't know was it because of normalization of CAT scores across slots. CAT is conducted in a specific window in the month of November of every year and the scores are compared within slots using an algorithm which was vaguely known as normalization.

Though my Quant was ok, Verbal was just slaughtering me. Over the years converted some B schools which didn't make sense for me to join. Lastly I converted IIM Shillong with 92%tile but didn't want to join.

I am yet to get 99%tile in CAT, so I will not get into too much CAT experience.

GMAT exam:

With increasing experience, my candidature for IIMs and CAT was not viable anymore so I started preparing for GMAT from year 2013. Quant looked really easy so I want to go for maximum and Indians score around 49-51 in QA. In fact while preparing for GMAT through veritasPrep, I came across VeritasPrep Question Bank. I started interacting with VeritasPrepBrian and requested if I can contribute Quant questions to VeritasPrep. I contributed around 25-30 questions for evaluation purpose along with solution. He liked those questions and told me he would like to offer me a contract. I jumped and accepted the offer. I later contributed around 100 Quant questions in PS and DS to veritasPrep and I am honored that those questions find their place in VeritasPrep Practice tests today.

Over the years, the VA score reached VA 35, dropped to VA 28 (just got a shock when I got that) and again improved to VA 32 (last to last GMAT). Quant was stagnant at QA 50 and QA 49.

Last to last GMAT - 680 (49/32)

Last to last GMAT was the turning point. When I got 680(49/32), I was devastated. I enrolled for e-gmat course before this attempt and completed all the course and revised it. e-gmat removed my fear of SC. The explanation provided by Payal, Shraddha and Meghana from e-gmat were simply out of this world for OG questions and some of the GMATPrep questions. I didn't do many GMATPrep questions and I think lack of practice of GMATPrep was my downfall in last to last GMAT.

I started visiting gmatclub.com a lot of times and I used to solve as many questions as possible. The back bone of my preparation was "GMATPrep" questions. I used to maintain the error logs of any GMATPrep question which I got wrong either in Mock or from question pack 1. I never used to take solve one by one question in Question Pack 1 but used to take Drills consisting of at least 15 SC or 15 CR or RC sets. Similarly for Quant questions. For Quant, I used to solve 40 questions in 75 mins (around 5 Easy, 8 medium and 7 hard in both PS and DS). Normally Quant was descent, I used to get max 3-4 incorrect and I thought I am safe to get at least 50.

I used to pester VeritasPrepKarishma and mikemcgarry with questions in their PM. Any question which doesn't make sense I used to PM them. I guess I pestered mikemcgarry so much that he disabled his PM on GMATclub.com.

In the mean time, I won premium account from Magoosh when I participated in SC content by Magoosh. Look at the irony, I used to fail in GMAT because of SC and now I am wining account because of SC questions. This gave me immense confidence. I started explaining solutions on gmatclub.com and I used to follow aditya8062 and PiyushK explanations. Simply outstanding.

Above all I owe Ron from MGMT an universe the way his explanation saved my life during this time preparation. After coming from office, I used to start preparation for at least 2-3 hours and after dinner I used to just solve question till close to 1-2 am. I think if you start explaining the solution, that is the ultimate preparation and it shows that you are ready. You start to question every part of SC question, modifiers, structure, pronoun, clause, just everything.

The key is to postmortem the question if you don't GMAT is going to postmortem you. Whenever I talk to any aspirant, I say don't book your date with GMAT if you haven't yet completed OG 13 and Verbal review 2nd Edition because there will be nothing romantic about the date, just pure frustration of failure. (and costly too $250 is close to 16.5 k in INR).

I also got veritasPrep course with help of @VeritasPrepBrian. He is such a great human being and very down to earth person. He always used to encourage me whenever I will be down and always motivated me. If given the chance, I will love to work under him in US post MBA. I don't think you can get better friend in a manager.

Ok coming to mocks, I used to take mock every two weeks initially and then every week,

My last few mocks were:
VeritasPrep Mock 2 - 720 (50/39)
VeritasPrep Mock 3 - 710 (50/37)
VeritasPrep Mock 4 - 710 (50/37)
Magoosh Mock 1 - 710 (49/38)
Economist GMAT - Scholarship - 750 - No break ups.
Economist Free Mock - 700 (50/37)

I didn't understand what is the meaning of such variation. But I thought, I can at least get around 710 which is better than 680.

I took 3 mocks in last 4 days:
GMATPrep Mock 1 (retake) - 770 (51/45)
GMATPrep Mock 3 (retake) - 780 (51/47)
GMATPrep Mock 4 (Fresh) - 770 (50/46) - I got 4-5 questions which I knew how to solve and I thought I got this inflated score because of this.I also got same CR question Twice. GMAC should take care of the quality of the materials.

GMAT Test Day
As usual couldn't sleep. I am suffering from this disorder since the CAT days, I need to do something about it. I studied till 3:30 am and revising SC the error logs and woke up at 7:30 revising the SC error logs.You all can understand how I was petrified with GMAT SC. Again revised the AWA template. Last time, I got AWA as 4. So I wanted this time to a little better.
In my mocks, I used to eat Good Day biscuits and I didn't want to change anything. So I took Good Day Biscuits, water and Sneakers (Cliche!).

I reached the center - Think Advisory in Koramangala, Bangalore, India. Did the formalities and I was checked in. I wrote the AWA with the template. In the center, they gave me 3 pens and scratch pad. When I was doing IR after AWA, I discovered the issue.
So lesson#1 : Do check your pens whether they work.

A very strange incident happend. I decided to skip the "Multi Source Reasoning" questions and solve the other questions. Earlier I got 6 and 7 so I was expecting on the same range this time. After I completed 12th Question, I wanted to use the time to relax. I had around 2-3 mins left. I was arranging me seat and my scratch pad for the meaty part of the test. Just then I dropped my passport and I bent down to pick it up. By the time, I got up, the IR section was auto submitted and I knew I screwed up my IR.

Anyway, I came to Quant section. In some of other debriefs, I noticed that some people did quant very fast and that is reason they lost out on 51, so I decided that I will not be hurried and I will check and cross check each answer to avoid any care less mistake. So I continued taking my sweet time. I didn't know this sweet time is going to back fire big time towards the end. at around 14-15 questions, I was getting difficult questions and I was taking close to 2 - 2.5 mins. Some of the questions were from number theory and I love number theory and those even though perceived difficult by many, I solved them in less than 1 min. The geometry question took some time. Towards the end I didn't have much time towards end and had to guess 3 question towards the end. I was so furious with myself that I just blew up the possibility of getting QA 51 with a nuke.

I took the break so I angry I wanted to break something. But had to calm down, washed my face, ate those biscuits and had water. The most important section was about to begin. The center guys gave me the complete time. He waited patiently beside me at my desk for 7:30 mins to lapse and he keyed his credentials. They were very cooperative.

This time, I was onto the 1st question and didn't want to repeat the mistake I did in Quant. 2 SC and 2 CR and then I got 1 RC. Interesting RC. 11th Question was a bold faced question. I was relieved that I am doing descent. The CR bold faced question took my close to 3 mins to solve. The next RC was out of this world. The passage was ok, but the question was very difficult. I was ok in RC since my CAT days and if anybody has prepared for CAT, they will know how difficult used to IMS Prep RC for SIMTEST. So those experience helped me. By the time I reached 21 question, I looked at time time, I have around 21 questions to do and I have around 30 mins. I kind of panicked but tried to calm down. I started doing CR and SC faster, not pondering too much on the wrong options. After the last RC, I was left with 5 question in 8 mins. I told myself, I will do question properly and start guessing in 1 min. I solved the last CR (the 40th question) with 00:50 secs remaining. When I clicked on 41st Question, I couldn't make sense of the SC and I just had to click some option and just submit.

After that demographic survey came and my heart was pounding with the excitement of the score. finally, it appeared 760 - 99%tile. I was relieved man !! Then I saw my Quant score and I was seething with anger. Again QA 49 :cry: :cry: :cry:.

I am still tensed for AWA score. I hope that is more than I got last time (4). - UPDATED - Got A 6

Materials used
If given the chance, I will write hundred times - GMATPrep questions. They are just gold mine and without practicing those question, crossing VA 40 would have been a pipe dream.

But apart from OG 13, Verbal 2nd edition , Exam pack 1 and Question pack 1, I used:
1) e-gmat course -> Verbal Live
2) VeritasPrep Course -> mocks and practice questions.
3) MGMT Mocks ->
4) Magoosh premium account -> Questions are very good for practice. Videos and mikemcgarry explanations are too good.
5) Grockit - For brief period of time.
6) GmatClub tests.

About e-gmat course - I took verbal live prep. I took the demo and I liked the course. I took after I score 660(50/28). Just before the GMAT appointment, I took a GMATPrep Mock and I score 680. The main problem was I got 16 questions wrong in VA and out of those 16, 13-14 were SC questions. So I realized SC is my issue and I need to tackle it by horns.
I joined e-gmat verbal Live course and I must say after practicing those rules, I could apply the rules and did get a lot of confidence. My ear is not as good in SC so I have to apply rules. So majority of the rules I learnt from e-gmat verbal live course.
I used to solve a lot of official questions from OG/Verbal 2nd Edition and GMATPrep. I used to post those question in the e-gmat forums (version 1) and I used to get superb replies from Payal, Shraddha and Meghna. I still I had a very length discussion about "it" and "that" in one of the OG question and I never forgot that rule after that.

My advise will be if you "Totally" clueless, do attend the e-gmat demo class and join only if you are satisfied.

A special thanks to bb and souvik101990. without them gmatclub.com would not be same again. They used to organize those contests and I used to participate fully. I used to explain those questions and explaining difficult questions gave me huge confidence.

Any specific doubts, please post or PM me. All the best for your prep and Never Give up !!

"Pain of hardwork is temporary but glory of achievement is permanent. Believe me the pain is worth it !!!"

Originally posted by kinjiGC on 30 Nov 2014, 22:04.
Last edited by kinjiGC on 22 Nov 2015, 00:40, edited 10 times in total.
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge
Re: Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Jun 2015, 07:45
Just to talk about the application experience:

BackGround : Indian applicant, 9 years of work ex in Software Product Develoment.
Extra curriculars : Mod at Pagalguy.com (India's largest MBA forum), Freelance content developer and other initiatives.
GMAT : 760 (49/44)

Since I got my scores pretty late considering all the R1 deadlines were over when I got my score , I was left with only R2. It was mad rush to push applications for R2.

I applied to R2 : ISB, Tepper,Ross, Kelley, Anderson, NUS and WPCarey.
Calls : all apart from Anderson
Admits : NUS and Tepper. WPCarey is WL as of now. (Later Edit : Got a admit from WPCarey with a phenomenal offer)

I got calls from all the institutes apart from Anderson. It beats me why I didn't get a call from Anderson. May be the reason was I didn't spend too much time on the application and unlike other schools, I had only one essay to showcase my fit with the school. In other schools as I had two essays, I dedicated one essay for professional experience and other extra curriculars. In fact, having spent 9 years in Tech and my post MBA goals are in Tech industries, I thought west coast will make proper sense and Anderson will be a good fit.

One more reason which can be a spoil sport in Anderson is my high workex.

In fact, I think high work ex was a spoiler in Ross and Kelley as well .

Kelley I thought I will definitely make through because of high GMAT score and as all the Indian admits in Kelley have higher GMAT score, I though I could make through. Kelley interview was descent apart from one question where I was asked if I were to do something different, what I would have done. I should have thought about it and reaffirmed that nothing. That shows believe in my ability and strong conviction in what I am doing. I said, I will change somethings and that might have decreased my chances.

Ross was an interesting experience as Team exercise was pretty good and Interview was descent. Ross was my best school and profiles of candidates competing for Ross seat was intimidating.

ISB : I still don't know what went wrong. May be there are looking for marketability post MBA and with 9 years in Tech, might not be easy to place in India. My thoughts after the introspection.

Mostly, I will be going to Tepper.

All in all, the Applications are way more tougher than GMAT and requires a considerable effort on behalf of applicant to network and talk to current students and come up with a good fit. I must say, all the current students or alum were very accommodating in answering questions about schools and inside details which is not available on the site.

Only Regret I have : I didn't apply to top 10 schools and when I look back, I should have. I took 4 mock ISB alum interviews and I was pretty confident for ISB. In fact, because of those 4 Mock ISB alum interviews, I missed submitting application for Goizuetta and UNC. Anyway, part and parcel of the game.

Ding feedback :

Ross : Doesn't provide any application feedback.
Kelley : Not so competitive among the pool. :shock:
Anderson : Still waiting
ISB : Still waiting

All the best to all the applicants. R1 is closer than you think.

Originally posted by kinjiGC on 18 Apr 2015, 08:16.
Last edited by kinjiGC on 12 Jun 2015, 07:45, edited 5 times in total.
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2015, 11:44
Finally got one Application feedback from the school which didn't even give me the interview call - UCLA Anderson

Back ground : Indian Applicant with 9 years of work ex in Software Product development.
GMAT : 760 (49/44)
TOEFL : 106 (speaking 22) - later 18th March - 108 (Speaking 24)

1) Negative aspect : "TOEFL score is an issue".
As per the minimum score of UCLA school it is 24 in speaking. After submitting TOEFL score of 106, I didn't get a call for the interview and early admits were announced. I thought let me retake TOEFL exam and break that minimum score of 24 which I did. I asked the admissions team whether they can accept latest TOEFL.

The admission team response "in regards to your TOEFL scores, we do not send out interview invitations based on any one specific aspect of an application; even though UCLA graduate division has recommended minimums for test scores, we at Anderson do not enforce strict minimums"

So i thought it shouldn't be an issue till I got Ding without interview on 2nd April.

2) Positive aspect : "No concern about academic abilities"

3) Negative aspect : "Progression not clear in the resume"
In current company my senior manager has 10 reportees (direct and indirect) and I have 3. I have held leadership position since 2 years of experience. I am not sure how can I make it more clear.
I have all calls apart from Anderson. So I think they thought I have progressed well or at least descent.

4) Negative aspect : Resume doesn't have much of extra curricular.
I am playing the role of only user mod in Pagalguy.com for the last 2 years. Pagalguy.com recently bagged $20M funding (http://www.livemint.com/Companies/vcLwl ... ation.html) - Yes I am not directly involved in this but at least some part of contribution.
I have contributed 100 Quant items to VeritasPrep tests.
I have provided consulting services to some of the GMAT test prep companies.

Yes, I don't have Teach America or Teach India initiatives but I have been mentoring students for the last 4 years.

Later it was told that timelines were not clear. Am I supposed to put dates for all those activities? I am not sure. Normally I haven't seen any time lines for extra currciulars- May be somebody can high light. I have highlighted my contribution in optional essay - May be not exact time lines but yes. I can accept may be I need to define time lines in my essay.

5) Negative aspect : Essay didn't high light personal fit
I actually high lighted about the curriculum and clubs and organization and why Anderson. I talked about Easton Leadership , DOTM, special courses and offcourse AMR.
I highlighted the fit for three principals through my work place and challenges I faced in my work place.

Yes, I should have worked on my essays and talked about my involvement more -> that's the only point I can take it away.

I am done. May be it might help others who are applying to Anderson.

Learnings:
1) TOEFL matters > 110
2) Essays -> personal fit
3) Extra curriculars -> Highlight in the essays

Pretty disappointing that even after putting a hell lot of hard work , I couldn't even get an interview call.

Anyway, VISA approved so Tepper and CMU, here I come. :-D

All the best guys and girls !! Nail the schools !! and never give up !!
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2014, 07:56
raj44 wrote:
Congratulations Kinjal !!!! Great debrief !!!!

May you please tell from where we can get GMAT PREP questions for practice?

Also, the GMAT exam SC questions are very different from the ones that we are used to- in the sense that GMAT SC questions lay more emphasis on proper construction, no redundancies, no awkward constructions etc. It's like all the 5 options sound weird, you just need to select the least weird option. You don't see any splits on GMAT SC questions- Did you have any specific strategy to tackle SC questions on exams? And how about CR questions?

Regards,
Rajeev.

For GMATPrep questions, you can search with the tag - GMATPrep. Also you can go to the souvik101990 's post which has a PDF which has majority of the GMATPrep SC questions.

I realized whatever I learnt from GMATPrep question, I can apply similar rules on the actual GMAT SC questions. Sentence Structure , Modifier, SV are the majority of the errors. You just need to complete as much as possible. Other sources such as magoosh, MGMT and VeritasPrep also have good question but those should be taken as extra practice. The back bone of your prep should be GMATPrep questions.

CR questions -> I am actually comfortable in CR and RC. But I practiced from GMATPrep sources and OG 13, Verbal review 2nd Edition. Keep on revising all the official questions and you should know the correct reason for wrong answers.
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 08:02
egmat wrote:
Dear Kinjal,

Congratulations on your amazing score. Scoring V44 when you have to attempt 21 questions in 30 minutes is amazing. I must say that you must have been "in the zone" during that time. Also, you likely would done really well during the first 20 questions. A perfect example of the saying from my college days - when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Quick Question - did you solve all the questions or did you skip any in the last 21. Also, I hope your first B-school application went fine. Which schools are you applying to.

Once again, congratulations from the entire e-GMAT team.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

Thanks Rajat.

Last CR question was 40th Question. I had around 1.5 mins remaining on the clock. I read the argument and I couldn't understand much of the argument to be very frank. I read through the options and whichever option was close to the argument, I selected and moved on. And for 41st Question - a SC question, I just selected a random option and submitted.
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Dec 2014, 08:57
Vinitkhicha1111 wrote:
Hey kinjiGC ,

First of all accept my heartiest congos on this great ecstatic result...I used to follow your solutions and advice sometimes on this club forum..ATB for your application process !! :) I also scored a decent 720 a couple of days back whereas I wanna be in that >= 760 bucket. My score was Q 50 and V 38. Since we both belong to the Non Native community, so if you can just give some quick tips as to how to take my score to atleast V 43. One Quick note: I had this very awkward feeling dealing with the official questions on the GMAT and the questions felt like very bulky as compared to the Veritas tests ones which I used to follow.

Pls give some tips as to how much to attempt in the last 10 questions and how should I try my guessing strategy on Verbal. Thanx in advance :) Keep reaching the top..!!

First of all, I don't know whether you can plan to get a specific VA score. I think any score above VA 40 is good enough as Indians score good in QA, so overall will be around 740+. Very frankly, for 740+ scores, I don't think B school will make a difference between rejecting and accepting a candidate - Again my personal view.

I didn't feel GMAT exam questions were bulky. In SC, it was maximum 2 liners. If you compare with Magoosh, the SCs on GMAT seems as if they are on low fat diet for long time. I agree with CR questions on veritasPrep. I think "some" of the CR questions in veritasPrep are 2-3 liners and mostly you will find 4 liners on GMAT exam for CR. May be you can practice more of GMATPrep questions along with veritasPrep to get over it. But difficult CR questions of VeritasPrep are quite long actually - around 4 liners.

Frankly, I don't understand the process of "educated guess" on VA. If I have to make a educated guess, I will make it at the end of, lets say 2.5 mins at which time, I don't have any other option and that is not called guessing, it is called Giving up. If you look at my debrief, I had to complete 21 questions in 30 mins. I thought in the exam that I will try to solve the question as per my ability and later ones, I will just guess and I guessed 1 SC question (41st Question).

So I will suggest you to take up guessing only at the last resort. There are some strategies of guessing a single question when the time runs for a block of 10 questions. Those strategies, I will suggest you to practice in mocks and check whether you are comfortable with it. I was never comfortable with those strategies, so I never implemented those.

Originally posted by kinjiGC on 06 Dec 2014, 22:27.
Last edited by kinjiGC on 07 Dec 2014, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 11:22
Got an awesome offer from WPCarey. It made me thinking !!!

Converted from WL
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V41
GMAT 3: 790 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2014, 10:26
Kinjal give me some tips to score 760 :P
P

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2014, 22:18
Dear Kinjal,

Congratulations on your amazing score. Scoring V44 when you have to attempt 21 questions in 30 minutes is amazing. I must say that you must have been "in the zone" during that time. Also, you likely would done really well during the first 20 questions. A perfect example of the saying from my college days - when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Quick Question - did you solve all the questions or did you skip any in the last 21. Also, I hope your first B-school application went fine. Which schools are you applying to.

Once again, congratulations from the entire e-GMAT team.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 21:43
Just got the score card. 6 it is !!!!
Status: Everyone is a leader. Just stop listening to others.
GPA: 3.51
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2014, 22:36
kinjiGC wrote:
PiyushK wrote:
Congratulations Kinjal. ...You nailed the GMAT.

Thanks Piyush. I used to follow all your GMATPrep SC questions and RC questions. Thanks for helping aspirants such as me.

You are welcome. I am glad to hear that my posts also helped you achieving your dream score.
Don't forget to press--> Kudos :)
My Articles: 1. WOULD: when to use? | 2. All GMATPrep RCs (New)
Tip: Before exam a week earlier don't forget to exhaust all gmatprep problems specially for "sentence correction".
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2014, 15:21
Hello kinjiGC, Congrats on great score. I would like to know how did you study for SC using egmat. Did you made notes ? How much time it took you to complete the whole SC course ?
e-GMAT Representative
P

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2014, 11:07
I conducted a one on one with Kinjal a few weeks back. In that interview, Kinjal discussed a few other helpful tips. Please find the same below:

1. Use of Error Logs
2. Timing: Never take it for granted
3. Brute force methods to save on time.
4. CR Prethinking - How does it help
5. SC Meaning and Logic: How does it help.

Click on the image below if you want to watch the unedited interview.

I hope that the above helps. Click here if you want to look a few other interviews.
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2015, 10:01
ISB application feedback !!

You were not able to convey your strengths during the interview.

Awesome . It is quite objective and sure I will definitely work on this.

Its better that ISB shouldn't provide any feedback and should discontinue.
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2018, 06:28
Top Contributor
3 years after I wrote this post and after 1 year of graduation from Tepper, I can't help but think that post MBA work is exactly same as GMAT cracking experience

1) Prioritize
2) Plan
3) Execute

And Repeat.

MBA equips you with one major skill - Problem Solving and that I do every minute of my job. Its exhilarating as going through the GMAT journey.
Status: On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sit on a throne of blood.
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2014, 22:27
Congratulations Kinjal. An accomplishment well deserved. After all that hard-work, it would have been surprising to not get a 99%ile. I have learnt a lot from you and hope to learn more :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2014, 06:38
Hello sir....I remember your posts in pagalguy forum...You truly are an inspiration....Absolutely nailed it :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V41
GMAT 3: 790 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2014, 10:23
A deserving one. It was amazing experience to learn with you. All the best for Future endeavor and applications. Cheers!!!!!
V
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2014, 11:54
Many congratulations on achieving this score Kinjal. Its a triumph :)
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Business Development (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2014, 05:35
Hey kinjiGC ,

First of all accept my heartiest congos on this great ecstatic result...I used to follow your solutions and advice sometimes on this club forum..ATB for your application process !! :) I also scored a decent 720 a couple of days back whereas I wanna be in that >= 760 bucket. My score was Q 50 and V 38. Since we both belong to the Non Native community, so if you can just give some quick tips as to how to take my score to atleast V 43. One Quick note: I had this very awkward feeling dealing with the official questions on the GMAT and the questions felt like very bulky as compared to the Veritas tests ones which I used to follow.

Pls give some tips as to how much to attempt in the last 10 questions and how should I try my guessing strategy on Verbal. Thanx in advance :) Keep reaching the top..!!

Consider giving KUDOS if you appreciate my post !!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2014, 05:35

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 83 posts ] 

Hardwork never gets unrewarded for ever - 760(49/44)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics