Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64923 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink]
Hi VeritasPrepKarishma ,

I took my first mock test today after preparing only some quant topics(number properties,arithmetic,algebra,geometry) for two weeks and scored a 730.My score breakup was 49Q,41V(68% correct on both). While verbal has always been my strong forte, i am not so comfortable with math apart from these topics. I have not even touched Probability,Coordinate geometry,Combinatorics,inequalities etc. I was afraid of getting a 30 on quant and this is a SHOCKER to say the least. I have made strategic guesses on 2-3 quant questions about which i had no clue . What should i interpret this score as?Am i certain ( atleast if nothing else goes phenomenally wrong on the D-day) of going over 650 at least?I should prepare accordingly.

Thanks for your time :) and efforts!

-R
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thank you for the kind and encouraging words.I will go through the rest of the Veritas guides too.

Regards,
R
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi
Hope all's well.

Last year I took GMAT and scored a pathetic 500(Q37,V22) using Kaplan material and OG material despite getting 600s in the mock tests. I realised the real thing is much tougher that the GMATPrep. This year again started preparing with Veritas material since April. Have taken five practice tests till date.
GMATPREP June 14, 2015=540/Q44V20
GMATPREP July 19, 2015=590/Q47V25
MGMAT1 Aug 2, 2015=550/Q40V27 (Accuracy/PS45%/DS53%/SC53%/CR36%/RC58%)
MGMAT2 Aug 16, 2015=590/Q45V27 (Accuracy/PS55%/DS67%/SC53%/CR29%/RC58%)
MGMAT3 Aug 30, 2015=580/Q39V31 (Accuracy/PS45%/DS53%/SC67%/CR43%/RC33%)
My pain point is clearly Critical Reasoning. Lately picked up MGMAT critical reasoning and LSAT Powerscore for CR post which my CR accuracy went up from 30 percent to 45 percent. In my last mock, I noticed having wasted 3 mins each on CR and SC questions that killed my verbal. Both were 700 level questions. My GMAT target is 700 plus by November this year. Will appreciate your views. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
right now i am giving veritas prep test series.:
6/12/16: 680/50/33(overall/quant/verbal)
6/13/16: 700/51/35(overall/quant/verbal)
6/15/16: 660/51/30(overall/quant/verbal)
6/16/16: 660/51/30(overall/quant/verbal)

I did not find it very challenging especially maths part....some the question are of gud standard howver most of them are very basic and also one set of exam does not cover whole strain of syllabus. In last four test i didnot find single question based on mean, median and statistic which is one of the most essential part of maths...

Same is the story of verbal. CR does not have very complicated reasoning to stuck in, also SC is easier to chalk out the mistake. I feel Veriotas gmat is not real test of capabilty. it is only improving my stamina of giving test. Their marking is a bit tough but question are easier. Even though at higher accuracy, I did not scored more than 700 ever. Three tests are still balance to be given. It may offer me a real tough exam like true Gmat. I already have completed the MGMAT test series except two tests before which my test series tenure has been expired. MGMAT was a bit tougher than veritas test series.

I am really interested to know about kaplan test series.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 127
Send PM
I gave the Veritas Prep free test today and got a 590(Q43,V29). I am very surprised to see the accuracy levels in verbal since I got 29 correct and 12 incorrect and in quant I got 23 correct and 14 incorrect. I also found the difficulty level to be easy in both quant and verbal.

I have a serious concern with 29 correct qs. and the overall verbal score to be just V29. Would appreciate if experts(@VeritasPrepKarishma) on this forum could assist here. What should be the next course of action for me? I am still preparing and half way through it. I plan to take the exam in August end this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 127
Send PM
Thanks VeritasPrepKarishma for sharing the article. It clarified a lot of doubts. But please let me know if my understanding is correct here. So, can we infer from this article or even based on general reading on GMAT Club that the student's motive should be to just get the accuracy as high as possible especially on the easy/medium questions and obviously try to get the tough question correctly in order to raise the testing bar. Also, not to make mistakes on the easy questions since the exam would penalize more if we get an easy question incorrectly.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5