GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 12:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

December 15, 2018

December 15, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Get the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.

Hatfield Airport, the closest airport to the city of Hatfield

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Hatfield Airport, the closest airport to the city of Hatfield  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 01:14
Thanks DmitryFarber.
Even I assumed the same.Thanks for the reply and confirmation that helps.

Thanks

DmitryFarber wrote:
Adi93, Skywalker18 is right. The conclusion is the last sentence. You can tell because it describes an opinion (specifically, a prediction about what will happen in the future if a change is made), while the previous statements describe facts that potentially support that opinion.

Regards,
Adi

Intern
Intern
B
Hatfield Airport, the closest airport to the city of Hatfield  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2018, 17:38
In many situations in GMAT assumption questions, sometimes the right answers require extra miles of thinking (or even making assumptions) to reach to. So if answer requires that, we can't assume it's an incorrect answer. An incorrect answer is incorrect because of its role in the reasoning.

I will focus on A, C, and E. Let me start with C and E.

C), We don't know if the client is unhappy. The conclusion very clearly states that "client will be happier" not "client will be happy".

D), Be careful here - customers save the money when they purchase Air Jet tickets regardless of which airport they are going to use because Air Jet's air fare is low. So what could make them happier when they are paying the same money in either case? D's reasoning doesn't make sense, although part of that has a trend to make sense.

A), Why won't the staff pick other airlines? Why does him/her pick Air Jet? Based on the premise, Air Jet is just so cute that everybody wants to pick it? No, based on the premise, Air Jet's appearance in H airport increases the workload. So A's reasoning is better.

Feel free to discuss.
Director
Director
P
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2018, 01:37
Hi abhimahna and GMATNinja,
I think the main stroke of the option choice E lies with whether the customers will become unhappy if they MIND and pay more money?
Logically speaking, People mind something because they are unhappy with that something.

Can you please explain where i went wrong.
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 00:13
Nightmare007 wrote:
I think the main stroke of the option choice E lies with whether the customers will become unhappy if they MIND and pay more money?
Logically speaking, People mind something because they are unhappy with that something.

Can you please explain where i went wrong.

Hey Nightmare007 ,

The only thing you need to understand here is if people mind about something, that doesn't mean they would be "Unhappy".

I mind you studying for GMAT but that doesn't mean I am sad that you are studying for GMAT. I may object to that fact but can still remain emotionless or happy.

Please check a very good explanation given here by our expert DmitryFarber .

Does that make sense?

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.

SC Moderator
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 03:14

Official Explanation

Because this question asks about the argument’s conclusion, quickly re-state it: customer satisfaction will go up if AirJet customers move to another airport, because the opening of their terminal has coincided with a rise in crowds. To find the assumption making this argument work, we need to find a statement that correctly links this rise in crowds to AirJet in particular. (A) does this, spelling out the reason for the recent crowds.

The argument is not concerned with other air carriers at the airport (B); some of them may be more popular than AirJet, but there weren’t overwhelming crowds before AirJet’s terminal opened, so this is not relevant to our argument.

Customers may indeed be unhappy with the slowness of service (C). Note, though, that it is the staff who have complained, not the customers (necessarily!) This is also not a necessary assumption to link the ideas that AirJet should move and that AirJet has overcrowded this airport.

The focus in this question is on Hatfield, not Chesterfield (D). While moving AirJet to Chesterfield might solve Chesterfield’s problem, it is not a necessary condition or assumption that needs to be made for the argument about AirJet and its attendant crowds to work.

The mindset or opinions of AirJet’s customers are not relevant to this argument (E), because if AirJet were to move, the AirJet customers would no longer crowd Hatfield--whether or not AirJet maintained those customers.

Answer = (A)

Thanks!
Do give some kudos.

Simple strategy:
“Once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Want to improve your Score:
GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 1| GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 2 | How to Improve GMAT Quant from Q49 to a Perfect Q51

My Notes:
Reading comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Absolute Phrases | Subjunctive Mood

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Hatfield Airport, the closest airport to the city of Hatfield &nbs [#permalink] 12 Aug 2018, 03:14

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 25 posts ] 

Hatfield Airport, the closest airport to the city of Hatfield

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap