Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.94
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
No problem at all, I think the issue may be on my side. One more clarification, what do you mean average time for each question? Wouldn’t the average equal the time unless the question was taken multiple times or do you mean running average thanks incrementally changed? (Which would be a very small incremental change). I am just trying to understand the value that this would provide. Any more background would be appreciated and thanks for your patience.

Can you give an example or a few examples of subsection type for RC?

Thank you
BB.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
bb wrote:
No problem at all, I think the issue may be on my side. One more clarification, what do you mean average time for each question? Wouldn’t the average equal the time unless the question was taken multiple times or do you mean running average thanks incrementally changed? (Which would be a very small incremental change). I am just trying to understand the value that this would provide. Any more background would be appreciated and thanks for your patience.

Thank you
BB.

I'm talking about the average time taken by those readers who would correctly answer the particular question. Here's a screenshot for more clarity.

Some examples of subsection type for RCs include:
1. Main idea
2. Primary purpose
3. Supporting ideas: descriptive details, facts that are explicitly stated in the passage
4. Inference based questions: Identify the purpose of using a word/phrase etc;
5. Applying information to a context outside the passage itself. Ex: Identify a hypothetical situation that is comparable to a situation presented in the passage

Thanks!
Attachments

average time.JPG
average time.JPG [ 19.87 KiB | Viewed 1533 times ]

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Aaaaahhhhh! I seeeee. Average by other users. Got it! Makes sense. I also got your point about the RC. Let me talk to SajjadAhmad who is the RC moderator currently.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks again for the suggestion. One specific aspect about the RC is that each topic has one passage and multiple questions which sometimes as many as 10 questions per passage. On average it is 5 questions per passage, which leads to an issue - almost every topic has a main idea question and a primary purpose question, and specific evidence question. So we would have to tag each topic with 4-5 tags that would be almost the same for each topic. Do you disagree?

baliga07 wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you
BB.

I'm talking about the average time taken by those readers who would correctly answer the particular question. Here's a screenshot for more clarity.

Some examples of subsection type for RCs include:
1. Main idea
2. Primary purpose
3. Supporting ideas: descriptive details, facts that are explicitly stated in the passage
4. Inference based questions: Identify the purpose of using a word/phrase etc;
5. Applying information to a context outside the passage itself. Ex: Identify a hypothetical situation that is comparable to a situation presented in the passage

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
I would like to ask that suppose there is a question whose answer is going to be revealed after 2 days...How will I get to know whether answer has been posted or not.Because by that time may be I have moved very far or I may forget.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
nikhilgaur40 wrote:
I would like to ask that suppose there is a question whose answer is going to be revealed after 2 days...How will I get to know whether answer has been posted or not.Because by that time may be I have moved very far or I may forget.

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion! It is a valid and good question!
You should receive a notification via the site and mobile device that the answer has been posted and whether you got it right or wrong. (I am not sure about the email).
Let me know if you do not get it.
Also, let me know if you have a better idea/suggestion.

Thanks!
BB.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 195
Send PM
Kudos
I think there should be unlimited notifications for the app
For example: Right now if I don't use app for next 3 hours and there has been 40-50 notifications, I tend to miss few because app had some algorithm that allows limited number of notifications and the previous notifications starts vanishing
Further there may be notifications which u have read still there at end of list of notifications, but the new ones keep vanishing

So I wish if we could have unlimited notifications on app and this overlap is removed (automatic vanishing).

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I'm new here. So I don't know if I'm missing something but when I go to some forum and I have to practice questions from there, I would want to open a question and then have the 'next' button there to navigate to a new question instead of going to the forum page again and opening a new question in another tab every time. I know a lot of my fellows would prefer selecting specific questions and working on them but I'd like an easy Next button near the timer somewhere to easily move to another question once I'm done.

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 1714
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
Send PM
Dear BB,
Great effort.
Can you make it possible 1.to permanently segregate error log into SC,CR, RC, PA and DS. Actually, this will make it easy to visit error log daily for diff sections, instead of selecting item for one possible question of the desired section.
2. to show our last visit or review of all questions in the error log.

Best Regards,
Basim

GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32874 [0]
Given Kudos: 5775
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Basim2016 wrote:
Dear BB,
Great effort.
Can you make it possible 1.to permanently segregate error log into SC,CR, RC, PA and DS. Actually, this will make it easy to visit error log daily for diff sections, instead of selecting item for one possible question of the desired section.
2. to show our last visit or review of all questions in the error log.

Best Regards,
Basim

I think this issue already has been resolved one just needs to change the section, see below screenshot.

Attachment:
123.jpg
123.jpg [ 215.97 KiB | Viewed 1289 times ]
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Android OS limits the number of notifications in the tray to 50.
As soon as you reach 50, Android stops delivering them. Let me know if you have seen a different behavior or a different approach to notifications. I would be curious to fix this as well.

Thank you!
BB.

itoyj wrote:
For example: Right now if I don't use app for next 3 hours and there has been 40-50 notifications, I tend to miss few because app had some algorithm that allows limited number of notifications and the previous notifications starts vanishing
Further there may be notifications which u have read still there at end of list of notifications, but the new ones keep vanishing

So I wish if we could have unlimited notifications on app and this overlap is removed (automatic vanishing).

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 195
Send PM
bb wrote:
Android OS limits the number of notifications in the tray to 50.
As soon as you reach 50, Android stops delivering them. Let me know if you have seen a different behavior or a different approach to notifications. I would be curious to fix this as well.

Thank you!
BB.

itoyj wrote:

That limiting would be acceptable, I understand that limitation, but the issue is not just this.
The issue is the older notifications remains in the "notifications" tab of app but the newer ones vanish, and there is no set pattern of which one will stay and which notification will vanish. Usually the notifications regarding the answer being correct or wrong remains, but this is not the set pattern followed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 331
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
bb

When looking at the error log, I couldn't hide 'correct answer'. Can we make that a hideable column so no one can peek the correct answer by mistake when trying the ones they made a mistake on.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
We had it exactly that way for a while. Then people started complaining that they wanted to see their answer. So we have changed it. I do not think we’re changing it back :-) Sorry :-)

You will need to get a sticky note or resize your screen to hide that column.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
We had it exactly that way for a while. Then people started complaining that they wanted to see their answer. So we have changed it. I do not think we’re changing it back :-) Sorry :-)

I didn't mean we should hide users answers. I meant we should hide original answers.
I don't see a point of seeing the correct answer choice in error log.
We should be able to make it hide-able where we could get both features .
But if that isn't possible, I'll figure something.

Thanks!
Neeraj
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
navderm wrote:
bb wrote:

I didn't mean we should hide users answers. I meant we should hide original answers.

Thanks!
Neeraj

Hey navderm ,

I have a quick solution for you - We do provide export into excel functionality. So, if you do that, you will have the entire error log in an excel sheet with which you can play around.

I hope that helps! Good luck :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
navderm wrote:
bb wrote:

Thanks!
Neeraj

Hey navderm ,

I have a quick solution for you - We do provide export into excel functionality. So, if you do that, you will have the entire error log in an excel sheet with which you can play around.

I hope that helps! Good luck :)

Yeah actually that helps. Mostly I wanted to go through the error log, see the question I made a mistake on about 2+ weeks ago and try them. If the correct answer is right there, then unless I hide is somehow using a paper on the screen or a digital screen, my eyes will roll towards the correct ans and then there is no use of trying them again.

But for now I'll use excel. That is definitely much better than seeing the answer when trying the question.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  44