Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 08-25-2011
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: HBS 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
MBAforEdReform wrote:
Any word on anyone getting in off the waitlist post-Round 3 decisions? Given that it is solidly mid-June and steadily becoming mid-June, it seems like HBS would have already started filling any open spots by now, right? I'd love to gauge whether or not they have already started filling and my chances of getting off the waitlist is getting lower everyday... or if they haven't started making those calls yet. Anyone have any insight here?

Same here. My impression was that there'd be another wave of decisions this week...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Send PM
crossadmit2 wrote:
MBAforEdReform wrote:
Any word on anyone getting in off the waitlist post-Round 3 decisions? Given that it is solidly mid-June and steadily becoming mid-June, it seems like HBS would have already started filling any open spots by now, right? I'd love to gauge whether or not they have already started filling and my chances of getting off the waitlist is getting lower everyday... or if they haven't started making those calls yet. Anyone have any insight here?

Same here. My impression was that there'd be another wave of decisions this week...

Well, it looks like they are pretty near to capacity at 941 enrolled students:

https://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/admis ... ofile.aspx
Intern
Intern
Send PM
poseidon85 wrote:
crossadmit2 wrote:
MBAforEdReform wrote:

huh yeah that's interesting... do you know what class size they are aiming for this year? last year the class was only 913 so are they growing the class or are they just counting on some dropouts? either way, you're right--it doesn't look promising for those of us on the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
poseidon85 wrote:
crossadmit2 wrote:
MBAforEdReform wrote:

Huh. Yeah if they already have 941 enrolled I'm guessing they won't be making any more waitlist admissions for the time being. It's likely they are now figuring out who to keep on the small summer waitlist that is used for the very last minute dropouts who decide to defer b-school or not go.

I was fine staying on the larger waitlist through Round 3 but don't think I'll stick around if asked to be on the summer list. Looks like I'll definitely be at Sloan this fall if thats the case :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
No WL movement on the HBS front is bad for the rest of us! I was waiting for the dominoes to start falling and was hoping it would kick off with HBS admitting some from the WL.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's unfortunate. I imagine we will be receiving an email stating something about how Round 3 was very strong and that they will again be reducing the waitlist to a handful of applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone spoken to Admissions recently? Wish they would provide an update.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
I applied in R3 and got waitlisted on May 15th. On that day, I received an email from Dana saying that a decision would likely be made in 3-4 weeks. 4 weeks is today and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm a little surprised given how transparent they were during the application process. It's likely we'll hear from them by the end of the week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
technerd wrote:
I applied in R3 and got waitlisted on May 15th. On that day, I received an email from Dana saying that a decision would likely be made in 3-4 weeks. 4 weeks is today and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm a little surprised given how transparent they were during the application process. It's likely we'll hear from them by the end of the week.

Do you guys think we'll get an email saying "you've been released" at any time? Or do they usually give advance notice of release (eg "we'll be releasing a large number of candidates from our wait list on fri") as they did last time? The former would seem inhumane--to make us wait so long and suddenly surprise us w a rejection.

Has anyone heard of additional people being admitted post round 3?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
crossadmit2 wrote:
technerd wrote:

Do you guys think we'll get an email saying "you've been released" at any time? Or do they usually give advance notice of release (eg "we'll be releasing a large number of candidates from our wait list on fri") as they did last time? The former would seem inhumane--to make us wait so long and suddenly surprise us w a rejection.

I haven't... but I don't know (outside of this site) who is waitlisted. I think we may very well received a "thanks, but no thanks" email very soon...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAforEdReform wrote:
crossadmit2 wrote:
technerd wrote:

I haven't... but I don't know (outside of this site) who is waitlisted. I think we may very well received a "thanks, but no thanks" email very soon...

I'm not sure that they would drop a spontaneous "no" on a random day like that. So far they've been good about notifying on pre-set dates, which is a great move for the sanity of the applicants so that we can be in control of when and where we receive the decision.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
crossadmit2 wrote:
I'm not sure that they would drop a spontaneous "no" on a random day like that. So far they've been good about notifying on pre-set dates, which is a great move for the sanity of the applicants so that we can be in control of when and where we receive the decision.

I also doubt they would do that. But given how long this is dragging on with no update, I don't know what to think anymore.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm guessing everyone got the email today? Good luck tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
poseidon85 wrote:

I did. Good luck to you too. In my head, I've already received the "release" email. Trying to prepare as it seems incredibly unlikely to be chosen as one of the final 10.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: AGSM '16
Send PM
MBAforEdReform wrote:
poseidon85 wrote:

I did. Good luck to you too. In my head, I've already received the "release" email. Trying to prepare as it seems incredibly unlikely to be chosen as one of the final 10.

Hi everyone, as a wait-lister at one of the "domino" schools I was hoping one of you could elaborate on this email. From context it appears HBS will be accepting 10 people from the WL tmrw? Is that the case? And if so, given HBS has been more transparent than other schools, do you have any color as to the what % that represents from the WL as currently constituted. Thanks much and G'luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Blumpkin- Yes, we received an email from HBS today stating that all but about 10 applicants on the waitlist will be dinged tomorrow and that those remaining would receive offers over the next month or so. By my estimation, there are still over 100 individuals on the waitlist so this means that most of that number will ultimately be accepting spots at other institutions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Blumpkin wrote:
MBAforEdReform wrote:
poseidon85 wrote:

Hi everyone, as a wait-lister at one of the "domino" schools I was hoping one of you could elaborate on this email. From context it appears HBS will be accepting 10 people from the WL tmrw? Is that the case? And if so, given HBS has been more transparent than other schools, do you have any color as to the what % that represents from the WL as currently constituted. Thanks much and G'luck.

Based on the email below, I don't expect anyone will be accepted from HBS waitlist tomorrow - just "released" or rejected. Instead, 10 final waitlisters should remain on the waitlist throughout the summer:

June 13, 2013

Hello Everyone:

Tomorrow, a number of you will be receiving an email indicating that you are being released from our waitlist. With summer fast approaching, our hope is that this will give you enough time to make definitive plans for the fall.

We have spent the last week carefully reviewing all of the waitlist candidates, and will be retaining about 10 candidates whom we will continue to keep in active consideration into early July 2013. We expect to make additional offers of admission to those remaining on the waitlist, but at this time are unsure of the exact number.

I want to sincerely thank you for your participation on the waitlist this year. We have come to know all of you closely through your applications and contact via email, in person, and by phone. We know that waiting is not easy, and your patience during this time has been tremendously appreciated.

For those of you not being released - please assume that if you do not receive an email from us tomorrow, you remain on the waitlist.

Sincerely,

Dana Scalisi
Assistant Director, MBA Admissions
Harvard Business School
Dillon House
Soldiers Field Road
Boston, MA 02163
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert