GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 May 2020, 00:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

HBS ($$) vs MIT LGO ($$$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 76% [10]
  • 23% [3]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.88
HBS ($$) vs MIT LGO ($$$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2019, 19:26
Thank you to the community for the support and information that has gotten me to this point! Tough choice to make....

My goal post-MBA is to continue down the path of pushing forward sustainable plastics through a LDP within a chemicals company, particularly with opportunity to work as a product/brand manager. I am also maybe interested in tech PM if it particularly aligns with my goal. That being said, I am open-minded to the vast opportunities presented within an MBA program. My background is chemicals/manufacturing/engineering.

HBS - Love the people, love the community, love the curriculum. I'm a pretty competitive, "high-energy" person so I feel like I'll fit right in. Case method seems like a difficult way of learning some business-related topics but overall seems highly effective.

MIT LGO - Love engineering so will naturally love mastering in my engineering field. Since my post-MBA goals are technical, maybe LGO will give me an edge? Love the tight-knit LGO community. Love the hands-on approach.

LGO is offering an extra $30K in aid vs HBS. My heart is saying HBS but my mind is saying LGO.

Would love to hear your thoughts.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2019, 19:48
We have a saying on GMAT club: when in doubt, choose HBS :lol:

I admire your passion and your very specific goals. If you are expecting to find yourself more in a leadership role then I would go for HBS. If you’re expecting that you will be in a technical role or capacity, potentially outside of the United States, working with other engineers than MIT LGO would be nice. At the same time, I feel you can always augment your HBS degree with some additional specialized training that will go a lot deeper specifically in your field then LGO will be able to touch on. Also, will you be missing an internship? Is that something you would like to have or rather avoid? Does case method bother you?

PS. If you do choose LGO, You will have a few classmates looking at you funny if they find out that you’ve passed up HBS. If you’re going to do that, you better have a pretty darn good explanation ;) which it clearly sounds you are rather logical and know what you want.

Otherwise - WOW! Amazing job with your applications and of course your career and work that has lead up to this.

Posted from my mobile device
B
Reviews Badge
Re: HBS ($$) vs MIT LGO ($$$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2019, 05:33
I don't know about classmates looking at you funny part. From what I've heard, the MIT LGO program has a near perfect yield. I guess the fact that graduating with an engineering degree from the best engineering school in the world has its appeal. But you can't go wrong with either choice. I think the decision should go more to what experience do you want out of your MBA.
- HBS would be less technical and have case method for learning (pros and cons with that)
- MIT LGO will be more technical and can leverage both the Sloan community and the engineering community.
I'd say talk to current students and look at the employment reports, and look at the partner companies the LGO program offers.

Congrats on the amazing achievement!
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2019, 07:39
maas wrote:
From what I've heard, the MIT LGO program has a near perfect yield. I guess the fact that graduating with an engineering degree from the best engineering school in the world has its appeal.

Thanks for this reference. I have learned something new :thumbup:

Posted from my mobile device
HBS ($$) vs MIT LGO ($$$)   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2019, 07:39

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate