GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 11:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

HEC VS ESADE - MASTERS IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT

new topic post reply Update application status  

Which School?

• 0% [0]
  • 100% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

ESADE   HEC Paris   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
HEC VS ESADE - MASTERS IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2019, 09:25
Hi,

If you had a choice between:
1) ESADE Business School - MSc Global Strategic Management. After this program, 2 diplomas are received: from the University of Virginia (USA) and from Esade;
2) HEC Paris - MSc Strategic Management diploma,

which one would you choose? Why?

Given that the career is planned in consulting - MBB/OW/RB/ATKearney, preferably in UAE/Europe. Moreover, I want to do MBA in 2-3 years in LBS/Insead/Ivey League.

Thanks a lot.
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: HEC VS ESADE - MASTERS IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2019, 19:47
Top Contributor
ololoshenkagmat wrote:
Hi,

If you had a choice between:
1) ESADE Business School - MSc Global Strategic Management. After this program, 2 diplomas are received: from the University of Virginia (USA) and from Esade;
2) HEC Paris - MSc Strategic Management diploma,

which one would you choose? Why?

Given that the career is planned in consulting - MBB/OW/RB/ATKearney, preferably in UAE/Europe. Moreover, I want to do MBA in 2-3 years in LBS/Insead/Ivey League.

Thanks a lot.

Hi ololoshenkagmat

- First, evaluate that if you want an MBA anyway, why not go for that in another couple of years directly? Going for both programs (MSc and MBA) may not make as much sense.
- Between the MSc programs, in general, HEC has been a bit better in sending graduates to top consulting firms.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2019, 20:28
Congrats on your admits - I have also heard more positive things about the HEC's Master's program. It seems to be well regarded and highly ranked (even higher than their MBA program). I think there is a bit of a question about the language proficiency. Do you speak Spanish or French? or perhaps both? It would help if you knew the language or were open to learning one of them - it would give you more options and integrate you into the student and local community much more so, and frankly, it is a plus to know one more language and use it as an opportunity to do so.

P.S. If one of these allows for an internship or something like that which would give you some background or additional experience, that's a plus.
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 17:04
bb wrote:
Congrats on your admits - I have also heard more positive things about the HEC's Master's program. It seems to be well regarded and highly ranked (even higher than their MBA program). I think there is a bit of a question about the language proficiency. Do you speak Spanish or French? or perhaps both? It would help if you knew the language or were open to learning one of them - it would give you more options and integrate you into the student and local community much more so, and frankly, it is a plus to know one more language and use it as an opportunity to do so.

P.S. If one of these allows for an internship or something like that which would give you some background or additional experience, that's a plus.

Hi bb,

Sorry for a late response.

I applied to HEC, ESADE, and Erasmus University (Rotterdam School of Business). Got rejected after an interview, accepted to both ESADE and RSM.

The choice was RSM. Very satisfied.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: HEC VS ESADE - MASTERS IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2020, 17:04

HEC VS ESADE - MASTERS IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate