Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13376 [1]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
HELP NEEDED! Advice on how to improve my GMAT Score [#permalink]
Kudos
For SC:
The forum explanation is Best for SC. Try to study from BEST kudos post in the gmatclub forum and read all explanation by Ron from Manhattanprep forum.

For Quant:
Try to brush up concept from the following link..
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... l#p1886497

Atlas?
Are you talking about manhattanprep interface?
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22042 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: HELP NEEDED! Advice on how to improve my GMAT Score [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi cmldps,

Since you are currently 150 points below your 700 score goal, rather than continuing to take practice exams, I actually would circle back and work on improving your quant and verbal skills. A good way to do so, would be to follow a linear and topical study plan that allows you to learn each GMAT quant and verbal topic individually and then practice each topic until you’ve gained mastery. Then once you feel as though you have improved your quant and verbal skills, resume taking practice exams. Of course, if you want any further specific advice on how to improve your quant and verbal skills, feel free to reach out. Also, here are some helpful articles:

How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT — A Mini Guide for Success

The Phases of Preparing for the GMAT
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi cmldps,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) Are you planning to take the At-home GMAT or are you planning to take your GMAT at a Test Facility?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
cmldps wrote:
Hi,

I am currently in the prep phase with a goal to have the exam by the middle of December (no date booked yet). My target score is between 700-710.
I have not finished brushing up on all the concepts yet, but I follow the Manhattan books for the concepts and the OG for the questions. (Still have a couple of topics like number properties and geometry left over in quant, and some in Sentence correction).

From the First CAT to the second (5 weeks apart), I improved my quant score from 30 to 40, however I seem to have reduced my verbal score from 33 to 27, which ultimately only led to a 20 point increase from 530 to 550.
I am looking for some tips in quant to move over the 40 mark to near a 47-48 mark. Any tips on material or strategies that I can follow will be appreciated. When it comes to verbal, while solving the OG questions (now on the Hard category), I get most of the RC and the CR questions right, however during the mock, I got a lot of these wrong. I am not sure if it's because I was overly stressed out since I was a bit focused on the quant and how I had the last couple of questions easy and was thinking about that score or not. But I would really like some tips here since I am used to having atlas a 70% correct rate. Sentence correct is another story! It seems on the mock that I got most of my sentence corrects correct but I know that it is my weakness, compared to CR and RC. I am trying to play to my strengths, but it looks like that didn't work today.

I am a list disappointed and would really just appreciate some support and ideas on how to bridge the gap between a 550 to a 700.

Thank you all so much!
/C

Hey cmldps,
From your post, tt's very difficult to narrow down to one real cause for your low score. It might be due to a few conceptual gaps or lack of application skills. But as you are saying that you are getting most of the questions right when you practice, I doubt whether you are using the right technique to get the right answer. If you are somehow getting lucky or using any other method than the right one to get to the right answer, then I'm afraid there's a lot to work on your approach.

So, please do let me know so that I can suggest you in a better way. You can always write back to me here or a better way would be to connect over a zoom conference call and discuss the same. That way we can solve a few questions together, which will help me evaluate your approach towards solving questions. So, if you wish to get in touch with me, you can do so using the below link.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot