GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 10:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Help required in choice of MSc program

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Help required in choice of MSc program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2018, 11:45
Hi,

I'm a mechanical engineering graduate with 1.5 years of core industry work experience. I graduated in 2016. I'm currently not employed anywhere though. I'm considering a Masters in Management program to improve my prospects.

Based on my research and interest, I have shortlisted the following programs:
1) Masters in Management
2) Masters in Engineering Management
3) Masters in Finance

The programs start in Sept 2019. Most probably I'll have a job by the time I join the program. So, that is 26 months of core engineering work experience.

I know that an engineering management degree will build on my engineering background and open up opportunities in the field.

However, I've some questions related to MiM and MFin for which I'm not able to find satisfying answers. Please help as this a critical moment for me and I lack guidance.

Q1) Is a MiM degree suitable for me at this stage? What sort of career opportunities will open up for me? [Considering my experience]

Q2) I have already applied to some MFin programs. I'm still waiting to hear from the schools. However, is my 26 months of engineering work experience a problem for further employment in the field? I have no relation with finance whatsoever. What is the potential upside and pitfalls that I should know about?

Please Help. Any help is highly appreciated.
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Help required in choice of MSc program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 11:19
Hi gaganpreet94,

Thank you for your post. My apologies for the delayed reply as Round 2 client work reaches fever pitch in December and January, requiring that I focus my attention and prioritize my efforts around serving clients, in turn reducing my level of activity in the Forum during peak application / deadline season. In any case, while I sometimes work with clients on Business Analytics, Masters in Management, and Masters in Finance programs, my primary area of expertise is MBA programs. So if you're looking for deep and nuanced guidance with respect to comparing these programs, it would be best to contact someone with deep expertise in those sectors. I'd also encourage you to reach out to individuals who have graduated from these different programs, that way you can hear directly from people who have gone through the experiences. I wish you the best of luck!

Kind Regards,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Help required in choice of MSc program   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2019, 11:19

Help required in choice of MSc program

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep