Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5204 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32853 [0]
Given Kudos: 5775
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Help with my study plan [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sildoroftei wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am contacting you as I need a bit of help in regards to putting together a study plan.

I have 2 months to prepare for my GMAT exam, I already took a CAT and my score is 500. I took another test on a website that I found on the first pages of Google and I scored 600. The school I want to apply to is asking me for a score of 530, but I'd like to aim higher than this.

Where should I start from? I was planning on buying the GMAT Official Guide 2018 as a starting point.

Do you have any other suggestions?

I'd really appreciate your help.

Wishing you all a good day.

Silviu

Best Books

1. Manhattan GMAT Quant Guides
2. Manhattan GMAT Verbal guides

Start with Quant, learn the concepts tested on GMAT. After learning, practice your learned section with timed practice. You can also take quizzes to meet the pace of GMAT. 1 Month for learning concepts and 15 days of practice and same with the verbal. When completed all the concepts learning and handsome practice. Take full lenght CATs, know your estimated score. Analyze the result with Correct/incorrect questions, pacing analysis trace your mistakes and learn from them, make an error log to know your mistakes in the previously attempted questions
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1084 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Re: Help with my study plan [#permalink]
sildoroftei wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am contacting you as I need a bit of help in regards to putting together a study plan.

I have 2 months to prepare for my GMAT exam, I already took a CAT and my score is 500. I took another test on a website that I found on the first pages of Google and I scored 600. The school I want to apply to is asking me for a score of 530, but I'd like to aim higher than this.

Where should I start from? I was planning on buying the GMAT Official Guide 2018 as a starting point.

Silviu

Get the Manhattan Books. Prepare the concepts thoroughly. Study 3-4 hrs everyday (preferably 2hrs in morning and 2 hrs in evening) for 5 days/week. Take 2 days off.

Get all the official materials (OG, EP1, EP2, QP1). Practice from Official guide and review each answer choice why it is right or wrong.

Once you complete step2, take the GMATPREP TEST1 again(dont waste TEST2! GMATPREP tests are really valuable!). Identify your weakness and put more focus on those areas(but dont forget to review other areas).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
sildoroftei wrote:
Hi everyone,

Silviu

Hi sildoroftei,

2 months is good enough to improve your score. It’s a good thing you have taken a GMAT CAT. You now know your weaknesses and work on them. If you are willing to study dedicatedly for 2 months, you are sure to achieve your goal. I believe you may benefit from taking a GMATPREP course. If you are willing, there are some great GMAT prep companies that can help you with your preparation.

In order to make an informed decision I would highly encourage you to go to their websites and try on their free trial and decide for yourself which one do you like better. You try out free access to EmpowerGMAT, Magoosh and Optimus Prep as they have great reviews on GMATCLUB.

I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Also for verbal, I would highly encourage you to consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market. You can easily track your progress in that you can identify your strengths and analyze and improve on your weak areas.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase the GMATPREP QP 1 for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... ml?fl=menu

Hope this helps. All the best.
GMAT Club Bot