Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT Date: 09-02-2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT Date: 09-02-2013
Send PM
Re: Hi, I don't have bachelor degree, can I apply for B-school? [#permalink]
First, what do you mean by " I need a bachelor period"? Do you mean that I have undergone this 4 years college life so that the B-school will consider my application and let go with me without having a degree? Do all B-schools need degree at least for application?

Well, I have horriable credit in my own country. And by the way I don't think China is good alien of US.

novanative wrote:
dywane wrote:
I have two Questions. I am Chinese.

I have very low scores of my gpa, I failed lots of tests during the college so I don't have bachelor degree, but I have a bachelor graduation certification. Is that acceptable to b-school like top10,or top30. Are all school requiring bachelor degree as a implusive?

Secondly, regarding tuition fee. How can a international student get loan from US? What is the requirement about getting a loan? Is it hard?

1. You need a bachelor's period.

2. Only a legal alien of the US can get a federal loan. It's not that hard as long as you don't have horrific credit.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
dywane wrote:
First, what do you mean by " I need a bachelor period"? Do you mean that I have undergone this 4 years college life so that the B-school will consider my application and let go with me without having a degree? Do all B-schools need degree at least for application?

Well, I have horriable credit in my own country. And by the way I don't think China is good alien of US.

You need a bachelor's degree in order to get an MBA. No exceptions. The way you sound, you don't have a degree, so there's no nice way to say it, but you can't get any master's degree from a legit institution without a bachelor's degree. You can apply without a degree technically, but you'll get rejected.

I don't know how Chinese credit translates into US credit. But GradPLUS loan credit criteria is not as stringent as getting a mortgage. If you have a US work VISA and are in the US, you should be eligible to apply for US direct loans (Stafford and GradPLUS). I don't think China is a US enemy, and there are plenty of Chinese expatriates here in America.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
dywane wrote:
I have two Questions. I am Chinese.

I have very low scores of my gpa, I failed lots of tests during the college so I don't have bachelor degree, but I have a bachelor graduation certification. Is that acceptable to b-school like top10,or top30. Are all school requiring bachelor degree as a implusive?

Secondly, regarding tuition fee. How can a international student get loan from US? What is the requirement about getting a loan? Is it hard?

1) You need a Bachelors degree. What is a bachelor graduation certification? For the top 10 or top 30 I have only heard of 1 or 2 cases of students getting accepted without it but they had AMAZING experience and recommendations.

2) Have you taken the GMAT? After you have taken the GMAT you need to score close to a 700.

3) How much work experience do you have? You need atleast 2 years of professional work experience.

Loans for accepted international students are easy, I rarely have heard of a student not able to secure funding. My advice would be to look into other avenues to improve your employability, maybe do a bachelors where you can go straight into doing the final 2 years of course work, then work in a great corporate job then apply to a top 30 program.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
dywane wrote:

Thanks for the morning laugh, please tell me you are just trolling?
GMAT Club Bot