GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Mar 2019, 15:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2019, 00:51
Hello Arpit.09881

While your work profile, past academic scores and GMAT look good for all the IIMs, one factor that is missing is your career goals.
What are your long term/short term goals and why do you wish to attend the one year program IIM.
Post MBA, a lot of people wish to enter the role you are already in, so how would you justify the need.
If you have a strong narrative here, you have a decent shot at IIMs with your profile.

Best
Varun Sharma
WhatsApp- +918452954888
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Arpit.09881 wrote:
Hi All,

Request for profile evaluation:

Education:
10th - 88.60%
12th - 87.60%
BE - 76%

BE in Electronics and Communication from NSIT, DU

Work Experience:

Aug. 2013 - Aug. 2018
5 years in a Railways PSU as Assistant Manager: Worked with various government sector clients like ONGC, NTPC, Railways. Managed internal telecom systems and led in house telecom projects. Contributed to business development efforts as well. Got an award for extra ordinary performance.

Aug. 2018 - Present
6 months in a Big 4 as Senior Consultant Diversified sector specialization by exploring ports and airport sub sectors. Worked on market assessment, IT strategy and bid support engagements.

Internships
DRDO, DMRC and NTPC

Leadership
1. Appointed presiding officer for the 2014 general election and successfully conducted the election at my booth
2. In house capacity development program for new joinees
3. Led a successful BD effort to explore physical access control and surveillance sector.

Sector Specialization - Transportation Consulting

GMAT - 720 (Q47, V42, IR6, AWA 3)

Looking forward to the reviews.

Best Regards

Arpit

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 11:47
Hi All,

Requesting for Profile Evaluation please.

GMAT Score:- Yet to appear (Targeting Class of 2020) - One Year Program
Target Schools:- IIM A, IIM B, IIM C, ISB, IIM L and some universities in Canada
Class X:- 66% (ICSE Board)
Class XII:- 60% (CBSE Board)
B-Tech in Electrical Engineering:- CGPA 7.69 (West Bengal University of Technology)

Work Ex:- 6.3 Years as of now for M/s Schneider Electric (Solar Sector). Serving notice period now.
Designation:- Deputy Manager (Solar Division)

Will be joining M/s Aditya Birla Group (Solar Sector) from April'19.
Designation:- Deputy Manager (Technical Lead-Pan India for all Aditya Birla Solar Plants)

Profile Summary:-
A competent professional with 6+ years of experience with Power & Solar Sector in Project Execution & Commissioning (Power & Solar Sector) including client interaction, team management and customer support. My job includes intensive travelling all over India Project Wise. Till date I have traveled to many states for projects which includes remote areas where Solar Plants are being set up. Till date I have commissioned a total of 823MW of Solar Power Plants and have worked on different voltage levels ranging upto 220KV. I am the commissioning head for Schneider Electric Solar Division and have 5 direct reportees under me.

Jobs Execution Details:-
>Expertise in planning and executing electrical and solar construction projects with a flair for adopting modern construction methodologies; complying with quality standards.
>Managing the site customer, daily meeting attends, drawing approval and materials management.
>Reviewing, studying & providing necessary feedback of the Engineering drawings & Layouts.
>Developing project baselines; monitoring & controlling projects with respect to cost, resource deployment, time over-runs and quality compliance to ensure satisfactory execution of projects.
>Anchoring on-site commissioning activities to ensure completion of project within the time & cost parameters and effective resource utilization to maximize the output.
>Customer management and providing remote assistance to clients during plant shutdown.
>Have worked for different clients including Govt and Semi Government organisations all over India.
>Leading a team of sub-vendors to work at site locations.

Extracurricular Activities:-
>Worked in Uttarkhand Flood Relief campaign which was conducted by Schneider providing assistance to restore power.
>Active Football member both in School & College Team.
>Won the Inter Dept. Cricket Championship at Schneider Electric.
>During my leaves or hometown visit I provide teaching assistance at a NGO for underprivileged students at my hometown.
>Won different medals for sports events at school.
>Awarded High Performer 2 times is a row for consecutive years (2017 & 2018)

Post MBA Goals:-
Currently I am working mostly on the technical aspects of projects. Post MBA I want to see myself in Project Management controlling a full team including financial aspects also.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Utsav Mukherjee
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Mar 2019, 22:21

Originally posted by ksk93000 on 03 Mar 2019, 15:08.
Last edited by ksk93000 on 04 Mar 2019, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GPA: 3.97

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 22:16
I am IT professional working in an investment banking domain.
Work ex is 8.3 years
Current GMAT score is 680 but planning to give again
IS on year pgp program right for an individual like me?

Please give Kudos. Kudos encourage active discussions and help the community grow

Experts' Global Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 23:29
globaldesi wrote:
I am IT professional working in an investment banking domain.
Work ex is 8.3 years
Current GMAT score is 680 but planning to give again
IS on year pgp program right for an individual like me?

Hi globaldesi,

Whether the program is suited to your needs depends on what you intend to do post the MBA.

Yes, people with a similar background do apply for 1-year programs.

All the best!

Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2019, 23:29

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   [ 165 posts ] 

IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap