GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Aug 2019, 13:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2017
Posts: 3
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2019, 21:07
My profile

10th - 89%
12th - 63%
Engineering - 6.57 CGPA
GMAT - 680

Work experience - 7 years in journalism

Currently I am working in Chief Editor for Digital News website.

Is there's any chance to get good BSchool like IIM B,C,L,GreatLakes, ISB?

Posted from my mobile device
CrackVerbal Co-Founder
User avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 86
Location: India
Schools: IIMA
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2019, 22:05
DEVAPRINCY wrote:
My profile

10th - 89%
12th - 63%
Engineering - 6.57 CGPA
GMAT - 680

Work experience - 7 years in journalism

Currently I am working in Chief Editor for Digital News website.

Is there's any chance to get good BSchool like IIM B,C,L,GreatLakes, ISB?

Posted from my mobile device


Hello DEVAPRINCY,

What kind of roles would you want to get into post MBA? Journalism background is a diverse profile, however, make sure you are clear on what you want to do next. 680 is a good score and good enough to get into the schools you mentioned.

You might want to do some research on how your skills map to the kind of job roles you would want to after an MBA.

Let me know if you need any help.

rgds,
Shree
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Apr 2017
Posts: 7
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 03:47
Can someone kindly evaluate my profile:

Target programs: PGPX at IIM A, B, C

Education: Btech + Mtech( Dual Degree) Engineering Design, IIT Madras, 2011., CGPA: 7.5 out of 10. 10th: 82.6%, 12th: 78%

Work Ex: Total 8 years
2011 to 2014: Engineering Technology Leadership Program, senior engineer, project lead, Eaton Corporation, worked with industrial hydraulics as well as aerospace in NPD and Technology exploration projects.
2014-2015 : Core team member, mechanical design, early stage medical device start up.
2015-2017: AVP product development, Agro equipment startup, launched number 6 new products in the market.
2017-till date: VP engineering design, core team , Medical device start up.
Extra curricular: Team lead, Formula SAE racing team, Core Member, sustainability network ( Both during college)
DFSS GB Certified

I intend to proceed further into product management and strategy roles in large corporates.

Gmat Score: 690 ( V:35, Q:49, AWA: 4.5, IR:8)

I am planning to retake GMAT in July. targetting 730+.
Please do suggest on what i should do more to improve my chances.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Aug 2018
Posts: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 05:11
Hi,

requesting an evaluation for IIM A/B/C PGPX please:

Background - Indian; 29 year old Chartered Accountant employed in Corporate Strategy & Planning department in Tata Steel. JD involves evaluating financial & cost performance of steel plants. Was heavily involved in the acquisition of Bhushan Steel by Tata Steel last year (from evaluation of targets, strategic fit, valuation modelling etc).
Have 4 years experience in corporate planning and cost management role. Have received very good ratings and quick promotions.
Prior to Tata Steel, had a 6 month stint as an internal auditor in IFB industries (white goods manufacturer).
Total work ex - 4.5 years.

GMAT - 700 (Q48; V37; IR 6 and AWA 6)

No significant international exposure or involvement in extra curricular activities.

Post MBA goal - given my involvement and past experience in M&A, would like to work in M&A consulting in the Indian mining/metals sector.

Regards,
Dhiman.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1742
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 07:39
Dsgshanky wrote:
Can someone kindly evaluate my profile:

Target programs: PGPX at IIM A, B, C

Education: Btech + Mtech( Dual Degree) Engineering Design, IIT Madras, 2011., CGPA: 7.5 out of 10. 10th: 82.6%, 12th: 78%

Work Ex: Total 8 years
2011 to 2014: Engineering Technology Leadership Program, senior engineer, project lead, Eaton Corporation, worked with industrial hydraulics as well as aerospace in NPD and Technology exploration projects.
2014-2015 : Core team member, mechanical design, early stage medical device start up.
2015-2017: AVP product development, Agro equipment startup, launched number 6 new products in the market.
2017-till date: VP engineering design, core team , Medical device start up.
Extra curricular: Team lead, Formula SAE racing team, Core Member, sustainability network ( Both during college)
DFSS GB Certified

I intend to proceed further into product management and strategy roles in large corporates.

Gmat Score: 690 ( V:35, Q:49, AWA: 4.5, IR:8)

I am planning to retake GMAT in July. targetting 730+.
Please do suggest on what i should do more to improve my chances.

Thanks


Hi Shanky,

You have a great professional profile. My suggestion to you: while writing your essays / job details, don't focus upon the engineering aspects of your work. Instead write about taking leadership, launching products, being part of strategy. You will have to spend some more time on your career goals. There has to be clarity on what you wish to do- product management or strategy. While interviewing, vagueness in goals is not acceptable, so work on your story right now.
Feel free to reach out for a discussion

And, a 40 point push to GMAT would be great. all the best.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1742
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 07:46
dhiman90 wrote:
Hi,

requesting an evaluation for IIM A/B/C PGPX please:

Background - Indian; 29 year old Chartered Accountant employed in Corporate Strategy & Planning department in Tata Steel. JD involves evaluating financial & cost performance of steel plants. Was heavily involved in the acquisition of Bhushan Steel by Tata Steel last year (from evaluation of targets, strategic fit, valuation modelling etc).
Have 4 years experience in corporate planning and cost management role. Have received very good ratings and quick promotions.
Prior to Tata Steel, had a 6 month stint as an internal auditor in IFB industries (white goods manufacturer).
Total work ex - 4.5 years.

GMAT - 700 (Q48; V37; IR 6 and AWA 6)

No significant international exposure or involvement in extra curricular activities.

Post MBA goal - given my involvement and past experience in M&A, would like to work in M&A consulting in the Indian mining/metals sector.

Regards,
Dhiman.


Hi Dhiman,

Just wondering why you do not have ISB in this list? Your experience in the Bhushan steel acquisition sounds interesting and relevant to b-school classrooms. Just wondering whether your goals sound very niche - consulting companies generally hire MBAs as generalists, so working in the mining/mineral sector is a good enough goal.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Aug 2018
Posts: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 10:11
MBADecoder wrote:
dhiman90 wrote:
Hi,

requesting an evaluation for IIM A/B/C PGPX please:

Background - Indian; 29 year old Chartered Accountant employed in Corporate Strategy & Planning department in Tata Steel. JD involves evaluating financial & cost performance of steel plants. Was heavily involved in the acquisition of Bhushan Steel by Tata Steel last year (from evaluation of targets, strategic fit, valuation modelling etc).
Have 4 years experience in corporate planning and cost management role. Have received very good ratings and quick promotions.
Prior to Tata Steel, had a 6 month stint as an internal auditor in IFB industries (white goods manufacturer).
Total work ex - 4.5 years.

GMAT - 700 (Q48; V37; IR 6 and AWA 6)

No significant international exposure or involvement in extra curricular activities.

Post MBA goal - given my involvement and past experience in M&A, would like to work in M&A consulting in the Indian mining/metals sector.

Regards,
Dhiman.


Hi Dhiman,

Just wondering why you do not have ISB in this list? Your experience in the Bhushan steel acquisition sounds interesting and relevant to b-school classrooms. Just wondering whether your goals sound very niche - consulting companies generally hire MBAs as generalists, so working in the mining/mineral sector is a good enough goal.



Thanks for the reply.

Haven't decided on ISB yet. The post MBA package to program cost ratio is not very favorable as they are is in the case of the IIMs. However, doesn't mean that I have made up my mind to not apply.

Regarding whether my goal may appear too niche, I appreciate your point that it may do so. Guess I overdid on the specificity of goal part. Will keep this in mind.

Regards,
Dhiman.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2018
Posts: 1
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 10:47
Hi...having a gap of 2 years after undergraduation before joining a job is hindrance for getting a seat...

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Aug 2017
Posts: 118
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 23:34
Hi,

For the Job Achievements section in IIM-A, do I have to mention what I learned from each achievements or listing out as many achievements within the character limit would be better?
Need some help

Debashis
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Location: India
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V29
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 23:36
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile

Graduate Engineer Male with IT experience :

Xth : 94%
XII : 97%
B.Tech :85% (University Rank)

Experience : 7 years IT consulting across TCS and Cognizant

Aspired Role post MBA: Business Consultant in Technology companies.

Extra Curricular Activities :
Organised many events of which two were of National importance
Many CSR activities(I don't have a proof though :( )
Member of an NGO (May be I can get a letter of membership)

Traget Schools :
IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, ISB

Latest Score : 680 (pretty weak in Verbal)

1.Given my profile, how much should I target for shortlist by the above mentioned schools?
2.I have an offer from SPJIMR PGPM, are there any other programs other than the above ones better than SPJIMR PGPM?

Thanks in advance :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Apr 2017
Posts: 7
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 05:05
MBADecoder wrote:
Dsgshanky wrote:
Can someone kindly evaluate my profile:

Target programs: PGPX at IIM A, B, C

Education: Btech + Mtech( Dual Degree) Engineering Design, IIT Madras, 2011., CGPA: 7.5 out of 10. 10th: 82.6%, 12th: 78%

Work Ex: Total 8 years
2011 to 2014: Engineering Technology Leadership Program, senior engineer, project lead, Eaton Corporation, worked with industrial hydraulics as well as aerospace in NPD and Technology exploration projects.
2014-2015 : Core team member, mechanical design, early stage medical device start up.
2015-2017: AVP product development, Agro equipment startup, launched number 6 new products in the market.
2017-till date: VP engineering design, core team , Medical device start up.
Extra curricular: Team lead, Formula SAE racing team, Core Member, sustainability network ( Both during college)
DFSS GB Certified

I intend to proceed further into product management and strategy roles in large corporates.

Gmat Score: 690 ( V:35, Q:49, AWA: 4.5, IR:8)

I am planning to retake GMAT in July. targetting 730+.
Please do suggest on what i should do more to improve my chances.

Thanks


Hi Shanky,

You have a great professional profile. My suggestion to you: while writing your essays / job details, don't focus upon the engineering aspects of your work. Instead write about taking leadership, launching products, being part of strategy. You will have to spend some more time on your career goals. There has to be clarity on what you wish to do- product management or strategy. While interviewing, vagueness in goals is not acceptable, so work on your story right now.
Feel free to reach out for a discussion

And, a 40 point push to GMAT would be great. all the best.


Thank you Namita for your inputs. I will work on the story and goals part so that i am clear and confident regarding those.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jul 2019
Posts: 1
IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 05:52
Hello All,

Please evaluate my profile:

Background and nationality - Around 4.10 years experience majorly in the IT industry with projects spanning across Storage, Health and Oil & Gas domain based in Mumbai

Undergrad Information - 10th SSC board 84%; Diploma in Computer Engg. 76%; Computer Engineering, Mumbai University 64%

GMAT- Not yet given

Work experience and leadership - L&T InfoTech, Software Engineer, 2.4 yrs; Big Four Consulting firm, Business Technology Analyst, 2 yrs; Startup firm, Business Consultant, 5 months; Currently working as a Business Analyst in IT strategy and architecture team in one of the leading companies in the Oil & Gas domain in India

Community and others - Part of Rotaract Club, a youth wing of the Rotary club for around 3 yrs; Volunteered with Teach For India for 2 years; Was part of the core team of one the CSR activity in my company concerning the Teach For India thread.

Post MBA goals - to work as a Management Consultant

Anything else? - I had a 6-7 months gap period in between one of the switches. In that period, I did a 3 months internship in Machine Learning.

Requesting Evaluation for the one year MBA programs.
Thank you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Mar 2019
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, International Business
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 06:19
Dear Seniors,

Please support in evaluating my profile.

MBADecoder
GyanOne
MBAkarma

kshitijhbti wrote:
Hello Seniors,

Greetings.

Kindly evaluate my profile for PGPX programs at IIM A/B/C/SPJIMR for 2021 intake

27
Male
Indian
B. Tech. - Chemical
X - 89%
XII - 87%
Grad - 77%

Work Ex - 4.5 years in Operations (Will be 5.5 by the time of application)

1. 2 years of experience as Assistant Manager - Quality in India's largest heavy commercial vehicle OEM.

2. 2.5 years of experience in Operations as Assistant Manager - Manufacturing in World's Largest Two Wheeler manufacturing. Received Director's Award for Outstanding Contribution.

GMAT - Yet to take (700+ Anticipated)

Extracurriculars

- CSR Activities at 1st Organisation
- Cultural Committee Coordinator at 2nd Organisation
- Campaign Leader for Teach for India from College
- Lots of Other Activities in College

Regards

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 06:22
Top Contributor
kshitijhbti wrote:
Dear Seniors,

Please support in evaluating my profile.

MBADecoder
GyanOne
MBAkarma

kshitijhbti wrote:
Hello Seniors,

Greetings.

Kindly evaluate my profile for PGPX programs at IIM A/B/C/SPJIMR for 2021 intake

27
Male
Indian
B. Tech. - Chemical
X - 89%
XII - 87%
Grad - 77%

Work Ex - 4.5 years in Operations (Will be 5.5 by the time of application)

1. 2 years of experience as Assistant Manager - Quality in India's largest heavy commercial vehicle OEM.

2. 2.5 years of experience in Operations as Assistant Manager - Manufacturing in World's Largest Two Wheeler manufacturing. Received Director's Award for Outstanding Contribution.

GMAT - Yet to take (700+ Anticipated)

Extracurriculars

- CSR Activities at 1st Organisation
- Cultural Committee Coordinator at 2nd Organisation
- Campaign Leader for Teach for India from College
- Lots of Other Activities in College

Regards

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Kshitij

Your profile is quite decent. What are your post-MBA goals?
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 06:24
Top Contributor
DEVAPRINCY wrote:
My profile

10th - 89%
12th - 63%
Engineering - 6.57 CGPA
GMAT - 680

Work experience - 7 years in journalism

Currently I am working in Chief Editor for News website.

Is there's a chance to get good BSchool like IIM B,C,L,GreatLakes, ISB?

Posted from my mobile device


Hi DEVAPRINCY

Sure, you should have a good shot, as your professional background is very diverse with respect to the student body at these schools. Would suggest, though, that you stay with IIM A/B/C and ISB only as they are the best schools in the lot, and you could make it to one of these.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 06:25
Top Contributor
Dsgshanky wrote:
Can someone kindly evaluate my profile:

Target programs: PGPX at IIM A, B, C

Education: Btech + Mtech( Dual Degree) Engineering Design, IIT Madras, 2011., CGPA: 7.5 out of 10. 10th: 82.6%, 12th: 78%

Work Ex: Total 8 years
2011 to 2014: Engineering Technology Leadership Program, senior engineer, project lead, Eaton Corporation, worked with industrial hydraulics as well as aerospace in NPD and Technology exploration projects.
2014-2015 : Core team member, mechanical design, early stage medical device start up.
2015-2017: AVP product development, Agro equipment startup, launched number 6 new products in the market.
2017-till date: VP engineering design, core team , Medical device start up.
Extra curricular: Team lead, Formula SAE racing team, Core Member, sustainability network ( Both during college)
DFSS GB Certified

I intend to proceed further into product management and strategy roles in large corporates.

Gmat Score: 690 ( V:35, Q:49, AWA: 4.5, IR:8)

I am planning to retake GMAT in July. targetting 730+.
Please do suggest on what i should do more to improve my chances.

Thanks


Hi Dsgshanky

Looks solid. You are already a VP - what do you wish to achieve post-MBA? You should be in contention at each of IIM A/B/C even with a 690 (and decent apps).
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 06:29
Top Contributor
cr91 wrote:
Hello All,

Please evaluate my profile:

Background and nationality - Around 4.10 years experience majorly in the IT industry with projects spanning across Storage, Health and Oil & Gas domain based in Mumbai

Undergrad Information - 10th SSC board 84%; Diploma in Computer Engg. 76%; Computer Engineering, Mumbai University 64%

GMAT- Not yet given

Work experience and leadership - L&T InfoTech, Software Engineer, 2.4 yrs; Big Four Consulting firm, Business Technology Analyst, 2 yrs; Startup firm, Business Consultant, 5 months; Currently working as a Business Analyst in IT strategy and architecture team in one of the leading companies in the Oil & Gas domain in India

Community and others - Part of Rotaract Club, a youth wing of the Rotary club for around 3 yrs; Volunteered with Teach For India for 2 years; Was part of the core team of one the CSR activity in my company concerning the Teach For India thread.

Post MBA goals - to work as a Management Consultant

Anything else? - I had a 6-7 months gap period in between one of the switches. In that period, I did a 3 months internship in Machine Learning.

Requesting Evaluation for the one year MBA programs.
Thank you.


Hi cr91

The key things to focus on in your profile are:
- Explaining so many job switches in 4.1 years
- Creating a solid story for the move to management consulting.

Other than these, your work, academics, and ECA are all in place. The career gap is not a concern. Do keep in mind the 5-year experience requirement that the IIMs have.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 06:30
Top Contributor
yadav6084 wrote:
Hi...having a gap of 2 years after undergraduation before joining a job is hindrance for getting a seat...

Posted from my mobile device


Hi yadav6084

Depends on your situation. If the gap happened a long time ago, and you have substantial experience after that, then it won't be an issue. You might still get asked the reasons for the gap (in the interview), so be ready. Other than that, things will depend on your profile and GMAT score.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 06:33
Top Contributor
dhiman90 wrote:
Hi,

requesting an evaluation for IIM A/B/C PGPX please:

Background - Indian; 29 year old Chartered Accountant employed in Corporate Strategy & Planning department in Tata Steel. JD involves evaluating financial & cost performance of steel plants. Was heavily involved in the acquisition of Bhushan Steel by Tata Steel last year (from evaluation of targets, strategic fit, valuation modelling etc).
Have 4 years experience in corporate planning and cost management role. Have received very good ratings and quick promotions.
Prior to Tata Steel, had a 6 month stint as an internal auditor in IFB industries (white goods manufacturer).
Total work ex - 4.5 years.

GMAT - 700 (Q48; V37; IR 6 and AWA 6)

No significant international exposure or involvement in extra curricular activities.

Post MBA goal - given my involvement and past experience in M&A, would like to work in M&A consulting in the Indian mining/metals sector.

Regards,
Dhiman.


Hi dhiman90

- While the rest looks pretty good, you might want to define your goal a bit more broadly. M&A for mining/metals seems a bit too specific/niche, and the IIM programs may not be able to help you get there.
- The lack of ECA or international experience will not be an issue at the IIMs
- Consider ISB as well in your list of schools, as ISB has some good roles in M&A going out.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Said Oxford School Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jun 2019
Posts: 18
Location: United Kingdom
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge
IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Jul 2019, 07:28
Hi all,

Planning to apply for IIM A PGPX in Round 1 for the 2020 intake. I have 13 years experience in the Indian IT industry and with international exposure in London for the past 5 years. Been working with a leading Insurance client for the past 8 years in various roles and have good exposure in the insurance market especially in Europe. I also am a Certified member of the Chartered Insurance Institute, United Kingdom and hold an Executive Certificate in Management from the University of Virginia. Post MBA I plan to transition into a Consulting role in Insurance. Other information on my profile as follows

Undergrad Information- Mechanical Engineering from Biju Patnaik University of Technology, graduated in 2005 with 73.33%.

GMAT:750

Work experience and leadership - All Described above

Anything else? - No major extra curriculars to talk about but have been involved in long distance running since 2012 and participated in half marathons in India and UK.

Looking for a feedback on profile and also get in touch with current IIMA PGPX alumni to discuss about the program.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

Originally posted by nvdmurty on 21 Jul 2019, 07:00.
Last edited by nvdmurty on 22 Jul 2019, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 21 Jul 2019, 07:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16    Next  [ 315 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne