GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2019, 20:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 02:01
Hi everyone

Requesting profile review

12years of work exp in retail branch banking
9 years in leadership role
GMAT yet to attempt
10th 73%
12th 89%
Graduation 66%
Btech (mechanical engineering)

What would be ideal score and is my profile suitable for IIM?

Posted from my mobile device
CrackVerbal Co-Founder
B
Schools: IIMA
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 07:26
Ushabagadi wrote:
Hi everyone

Requesting profile review

12years of work exp in retail branch banking
9 years in leadership role
GMAT yet to attempt
10th 73%
12th 89%
Graduation 66%
Btech (mechanical engineering)

What would be ideal score and is my profile suitable for IIM?

Hello Ushabagadi,

With your experience target a 700+ score. The colleges you are considering

IIM Ahmedabad - very competitive. Most people applying will be around 7-8 yrs experience on an average or more. So higher the score the better it is.

IIM Bangalore ( the website says preferred experience less than 12 yrs till March 2020), IIM Kolkatta and IIM Lucknow are great programs too. Though you can still apply to IIM B. Please clear about your post-MBA goals.

Hope that helps,

rgds,
Shree
Please give +Kudos if you found this useful.
Schools: IIMA
IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 07:48
crackwithneeraj wrote:
Short Description of my Profile.
Working in a Leading Public Sector Unit(BHEL) in Engineering Dept (design, development of traction machines for indian Railways). for 5.5 years,
Worked in a leading Steel Company(Tata Steel) in Maintenance of mining equipment for 1.5 years
Academics: GPA 7.63/10, B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
GMAT Score: 680 (Q49, V32, IR 7 & AWA 5)

How suitable is my profile for EPGP, IIM Indore, PGDM(GM), XLRI or Full Time MBA, NUS.

Probably my GMAT score is not on par with Average at IIM ABC or ISB. So, kindly suggest what target should I set for these institutes.

Hello crackwithneeraj,

I think you should apply to IIM A, B and C too. I worked with students with 680 score who got in last year. IIM Indore and XLRI are safe schools to apply with your background.
The data provided cannot really help me gauge the chances of admission. When you start writing your application you should focus on your career progression. Focus on roles and responsibilities. The challenges you would have faced working on such large scale projects. Your perspective of working in the public sector. All these will help you create a strong story and on a strong essay which will translate to an admit.

rgds,
Shree

Please give +kudos if you found this useful.

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 05:11
Hi,
I'm working with IT company with 9.6 Years of experience. through out my tenure in the company I worked as Business Analyst for 2 years, Pricing and Commercials consultant for large IT deals for 6.5 years and Program manager for close to last 1 year. Besides, I have logistics business knowledge as well since it is our family business.

My Education Profile is as below:
Mechanical Engineer 71.2% aggregate
12 Standard: 74%
10 Standard : 78%

Considering my work profile and education background what is the minimum expected score for GMAT score to get into IIMs, Nanyang Singapore and London Business School?

I'm looking for 1 year MBA program.
Intern
Intern
IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 14:49
Kindly evaluate my profile for One year MBA(2020/2021) in Europe and in India.

Work Experience(11+ years): Worked at multiple MNCs as Software Product Developer and later as a Consultant. Worked extensively in Finance domain, designed and developed modules/applications in Stock exchanges, international clearing houses and Fund houses. I hold overall 11+ years of work experience as of date in which around 3+ years in Europe. Currently I am working as a contractor/consultant in one of the oldest US financial services MNC in Europe. Overall team leading experience is 1 year and that was in an Indian IT service MNC. In India, I worked in five IT MNCs of which two are in product development.

Achievements in Work : Have experience working inside stock exchange. Designed and developed new functionalities in existing stock trading application and those are now running in the stock exchanges I worked for. Got kudos and appreciation from the employer and also from the Client. In one of the companies, I also got project profit share for consecutive two years and the certificate for the same. It was decided by the management to appreciate my work on designing and developing few tools from scratch which improved the overall deliverable quality and also application security at the same time. In one of the companies, myself along with another designer developed a trading simulator to pump orders to the stock exchange application in UAT region. This was eventually used several times to demonstrate application quality and capacity to various leads and prospective clients.
Apart from this I have worked in maintenance and production support projects as well as in transitional projects.

Certificates: Lean Six Sigma, CFA fundamental/Level 1, BlockChain from two organizations- one of which is a prestigious top global business school. Also planning to learn and complete a certificate course on digital security after my GMAT is over.

Extracurricular activities: Participated in sports activities in School and hold some certificates from that time. Also was a member in under 19 cricket team of our school and participated in under 19 state level cricket tournament. Hold one certificate from College as I participated in college cricket team too. Currently, I do activities such as archery and treking.

Community and others: Recently participated in few CSR activities in current job. Developed one website for a NGO in past.

Personal Interest: Visiting historical places. Stock trading in different asset classes. I am currently managing a small fund by myself. Have been an active participator in trading from my college days.

Undergrad Information: B.Tech GPA: 6.54 (non IIT/NIT but A grade state level college)// 12th and 10th : 62% & 67% from state board.

GMAT: Going to appear within couple of months. In 1st Mock test I got 690 and tend to improve further.

Career break : I have one year gap after my Engineering. I have a valid reason for the same but not sure how this would impact the overall admission process and profile evaluation process. Please be so kind to throw some light on this.

Which colleges I should target in Europe and in India with 12 or13 (At the time of joining MBA) years of experience? What are the areas of improvement and related suggestions?

Regards,
SM
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: IIMB

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 20:15
Hi Murty,
You have a strong profile and high GMAT score that enhances your chances of admission. However, a lot lies in the details and how you present your profile to the admissions committee. Clarity on aspirations after MBA will also play an important role in your selection.

Regards,
Tridisha
IIM B EPGP Alum

nvdmurty wrote:
Hi all,

Planning to apply for IIM A PGPX in Round 1 for the 2020 intake. I have 13 years experience in the Indian IT industry and with international exposure in London for the past 5 years. Been working with a leading Insurance client for the past 8 years in various roles and have good exposure in the insurance market especially in Europe. I also am a Certified member of the Chartered Insurance Institute, United Kingdom and hold an Executive Certificate in Management from the University of Virginia. Post MBA I plan to transition into a Consulting role in Insurance. Other information on my profile as follows

Undergrad Information- Mechanical Engineering from Biju Patnaik University of Technology, graduated in 2005 with 73.33%.

GMAT:750

Work experience and leadership - All Described above

Anything else? - No major extra curriculars to talk about but have been involved in long distance running since 2012 and participated in half marathons in India and UK.

Looking for a feedback on profile and also get in touch with current IIMA PGPX alumni to discuss about the program.

B

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 20:18
Hi Nishad,

It is difficult to predict a minimum score since admission decisions relay on various factors. However, you should target 700-720 GMAt score as you prepare. You can definitely get in with a lower score, but a lot rides on how you stand out through your application.

Regards,
Tridisha
IIMB EPGP Alum

nishadm wrote:
Hi,
I'm working with IT company with 9.6 Years of experience. through out my tenure in the company I worked as Business Analyst for 2 years, Pricing and Commercials consultant for large IT deals for 6.5 years and Program manager for close to last 1 year. Besides, I have logistics business knowledge as well since it is our family business.

My Education Profile is as below:
Mechanical Engineer 71.2% aggregate
12 Standard: 74%
10 Standard : 78%

Considering my work profile and education background what is the minimum expected score for GMAT score to get into IIMs, Nanyang Singapore and London Business School?

I'm looking for 1 year MBA program.

B

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 20:24
Hi Saikat,

You have an interesting Tech profile. In India, you should target IIM A, B, C and then think of ISB (only because most of your peers will have 2-5 yrs of experience), IIM L, I. Career breaks are not frowned upon, but have to be explained well in the essays. On the question on GMAT score, focus on crossing the 700 mark, just to be on the safer side. However, you can also get in with a lower score provided you have a strong application.

Regards,
Tridisha
IIMB EPGP Alum

saikatmishra1 wrote:
Kindly evaluate my profile for One year MBA(2020/2021) in Europe and in India.

Work Experience(11+ years): Worked at multiple MNCs as Software Product Developer and later as a Consultant. Worked extensively in Finance domain, designed and developed modules/applications in Stock exchanges, international clearing houses and Fund houses. I hold overall 11+ years of work experience as of date in which around 3+ years in Europe. Currently I am working as a contractor/consultant in one of the oldest US financial services MNC in Europe. Overall team leading experience is 1 year and that was in an Indian IT service MNC. In India, I worked in five IT MNCs of which two are in product development.

Achievements in Work : Have experience working inside stock exchange. Designed and developed new functionalities in existing stock trading application and those are now running in the stock exchanges I worked for. Got kudos and appreciation from the employer and also from the Client. In one of the companies, I also got project profit share for consecutive two years and the certificate for the same. It was decided by the management to appreciate my work on designing and developing few tools from scratch which improved the overall deliverable quality and also application security at the same time. In one of the companies, myself along with another designer developed a trading simulator to pump orders to the stock exchange application in UAT region. This was eventually used several times to demonstrate application quality and capacity to various leads and prospective clients.
Apart from this I have worked in maintenance and production support projects as well as in transitional projects.

Certificates: Lean Six Sigma, CFA fundamental/Level 1, BlockChain from two organizations- one of which is a prestigious top global business school. Also planning to learn and complete a certificate course on digital security after my GMAT is over.

Extracurricular activities: Participated in sports activities in School and hold some certificates from that time. Also was a member in under 19 cricket team of our school and participated in under 19 state level cricket tournament. Hold one certificate from College as I participated in college cricket team too. Currently, I do activities such as archery and treking.

Community and others: Recently participated in few CSR activities in current job. Developed one website for a NGO in past.

Personal Interest: Visiting historical places. Stock trading in different asset classes. I am currently managing a small fund by myself. Have been an active participator in trading from my college days.

Undergrad Information: B.Tech GPA: 6.54 (non IIT/NIT but A grade state level college)// 12th and 10th : 62% & 67% from state board.

GMAT: Going to appear within couple of months. In 1st Mock test I got 690 and tend to improve further.

Career break : I have one year gap after my Engineering. I have a valid reason for the same but not sure how this would impact the overall admission process and profile evaluation process. Please be so kind to throw some light on this.

Which colleges I should target in Europe and in India with 12 or13 (At the time of joining MBA) years of experience? What are the areas of improvement and related suggestions?

Regards,
SM

B

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 20:30
Hi Deva,

With a journalism background, you already stand apart from the vast majority of engineers who apply to these programs. 680 is also not a low score at all and I know people who have got into IIM A, B, C and ISB with much lower scores.
Please focus intensively on your application and ensure that you draft your life story in a way that you can stand out and also highlight your clarity of thoughts to the admissions committee.
You can also consider IIM L, I, SP Jain for 1 yr MBA.

Regards,
Tridisha
IIMB EPGP Alum

DEVAPRINCY wrote:
My profile

10th - 89%
12th - 63%
Engineering - 6.57 CGPA
GMAT - 680

Work experience - 7 years in journalism

Currently I am working in Chief Editor for Digital News website.

Is there's any chance to get good BSchool like IIM B,C,L,GreatLakes, ISB?

B

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 20:36
Hi DSG,

With the limited information given, you seem to be an ideal candidate for the IIMs. You do not need 730 GMAT score and 690 might be just enough to get you in. Target a 700+ score if you have already fixed a date for your GMAT. Otherwise, just focus on your application; a number of people got in last year with much lower scores.
You have made some interesting career choices and jumps and a lot will ride on how you connect these roles and stitch it into an interesting and unique story.

Regards,
Tridisha
IIM B EPGP Alum

Dsgshanky wrote:
Can someone kindly evaluate my profile:

Target programs: PGPX at IIM A, B, C

Education: Btech + Mtech( Dual Degree) Engineering Design, IIT Madras, 2011., CGPA: 7.5 out of 10. 10th: 82.6%, 12th: 78%

Work Ex: Total 8 years
2011 to 2014: Engineering Technology Leadership Program, senior engineer, project lead, Eaton Corporation, worked with industrial hydraulics as well as aerospace in NPD and Technology exploration projects.
2014-2015 : Core team member, mechanical design, early stage medical device start up.
2015-2017: AVP product development, Agro equipment startup, launched number 6 new products in the market.
2017-till date: VP engineering design, core team , Medical device start up.
Extra curricular: Team lead, Formula SAE racing team, Core Member, sustainability network ( Both during college)
DFSS GB Certified

I intend to proceed further into product management and strategy roles in large corporates.

Gmat Score: 690 ( V:35, Q:49, AWA: 4.5, IR:8)

I am planning to retake GMAT in July. targetting 730+.
Please do suggest on what i should do more to improve my chances.

Thanks

B

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 20:40
Hi Dhiman,
Your profile is different from many other applicants and your GMAT score is also good enough to help you receive an admit from IIM A, B, C. However, your total experience of 4.5 years is much lower than the class average and hence you have to put in a lot of effort to justify why you need an MBA now and highlight how you are on par with your potential classmates.
Again, focus on your application and let that drive you towards success.

Regards,
Tridisha
IIM B EPGP Alum

dhiman90 wrote:
Hi,

requesting an evaluation for IIM A/B/C PGPX please:

Background - Indian; 29 year old Chartered Accountant employed in Corporate Strategy & Planning department in Tata Steel. JD involves evaluating financial & cost performance of steel plants. Was heavily involved in the acquisition of Bhushan Steel by Tata Steel last year (from evaluation of targets, strategic fit, valuation modelling etc).
Have 4 years experience in corporate planning and cost management role. Have received very good ratings and quick promotions.
Prior to Tata Steel, had a 6 month stint as an internal auditor in IFB industries (white goods manufacturer).
Total work ex - 4.5 years.

GMAT - 700 (Q48; V37; IR 6 and AWA 6)

No significant international exposure or involvement in extra curricular activities.

Post MBA goal - given my involvement and past experience in M&A, would like to work in M&A consulting in the Indian mining/metals sector.

Regards,
Dhiman.

B

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 20:43
Hi Yadav,
Gap years are not a hindrance to your application, provided you can explain clearly on why you took the break.

Regards,
Tridisha

yadav6084 wrote:
Hi...having a gap of 2 years after undergraduation before joining a job is hindrance for getting a seat...

B
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2019, 09:53
Hi all,

Posting again for a quick evaluation. Also looking to get in touch with current IIMA PGPX alumni with a similar level of experience in industry to discuss about the benefits of the program and the potential roles that open up after the PGPX.

Planning to apply for IIM A PGPX in Round 1 for the 2020 intake. I have 13 years experience in the Indian IT industry and with international exposure in London for the past 5 years. Been working with a leading Insurance client for the past 8 years in various roles and have good exposure in the insurance market especially in Europe. I also am a Certified member of the Chartered Insurance Institute, United Kingdom and hold an Executive Certificate in Management from the University of Virginia. Post MBA I plan to transition into a Consulting role in Insurance if possible. Other information on my profile as follows

Undergrad Information- Mechanical Engineering from Biju Patnaik University of Technology, graduated in 2005 with 73.33%.

GMAT:750

Work experience and leadership - All Described above. Additionally I was brought in to UK to replace a person with more than 20 years of IT experience and perform the role of Subject Matter Expert for the Underwriting Product that the client uses for underwriting insurance.

Anything else? - No major extra curriculars to talk about but have been involved in long distance running since 2012 and participated in half marathons in India and UK.

Looking for a feedback on profile and also get in touch with current IIMA PGPX alumni to discuss about the program.
B
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 01:20
Hi
Please evaluate my profile for IIMA/B/C PGPX,
Age 33/Female
Scores - GMAT 690 (Q48,V36,IR6)
Work exp - 9+ years in IT. Currently working for Mckinsey & Company as Product Manger on behalf of Igi. Worked as PO for a UK startup. Prior to that worked as Lead Business Analyst with HCL & as Product Specialist in Cognizant.
West Bengal Board:
10th - 84.%
12th - 70.2% (100/100 in Maths)
Graduation - 85% in B.Tech(EE)

Extra Curricular Activities - Passionate about painting & dancing, won several accolades for same on national level.
Volunteering - Was associated with a NGO few years back.

PostMBA goals - I am aiming for Product Head /Strategy roles in a product based company

Question - Should I re-appear for GMAT/apply in R2? or Should I apply with my GMAT score in R1? Any other suggestions please? Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Schools: IIM

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 02:19
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for PGPX - IIM A

Age 33/Female
GMAT Score - 710
Education -
Undergrad from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
GPA - 8.3
12th Std from Mayo College Girl's School, Ajmer
Humanities - 94%

Total Work Experience - 6 years

Current Role -
Creative Manager - Leo Burnett, Mumbai
Previous Employers - Viacom18, Sony BBC Earth and 9X Media.
I Have been working with some of the leading media houses in the industry and have grown from a purely creative role to a leadership role in the same field. I have as a creative consultant alongside the marketing teams to launch various media campaigns for brands like Twitter, Viacom18, BBC Earth.

Post MBA goals - I would like to use my MBA to equip myself with skills that will help me take up leadership roles as a Marketing Executive.

I am planning to apply for R1 next year and would like to know if where my profile stands.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 10:32
GMAT - 680
Mechanical Engineer
89 % in 10th, 86 % in 12th and 72 % in B.Tech.
Experience - 4.5 years as of today
Working in the projects department in a manufacturing company. Handling projects related to procurement and process improvement to the tune of Rs. 1 crores.

Please suggest if I should consider applying to IIMA PGPX, IIMB, IIML, IIMC and ISB given my low GMAT score.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 20:09
Hi Shreya,

You should apply in R1. You have a strong 9 yrs of experience and hence a 690 score should be enough to get you in. You need to showcase absolutely clarity of thought on why you need this degree and what after that.
For additional queries, PM me.

Regards,
Tridisha

Shreya7 wrote:
Hi
Please evaluate my profile for IIMA/B/C PGPX,
Age 33/Female
Scores - GMAT 690 (Q48,V36,IR6)
Work exp - 9+ years in IT. Currently working for Mckinsey & Company as Product Manger on behalf of Igi. Worked as PO for a UK startup. Prior to that worked as Lead Business Analyst with HCL & as Product Specialist in Cognizant.
West Bengal Board:
10th - 84.%
12th - 70.2% (100/100 in Maths)
Graduation - 85% in B.Tech(EE)

Extra Curricular Activities - Passionate about painting & dancing, won several accolades for same on national level.
Volunteering - Was associated with a NGO few years back.

PostMBA goals - I am aiming for Product Head /Strategy roles in a product based company

Question - Should I re-appear for GMAT/apply in R2? or Should I apply with my GMAT score in R1? Any other suggestions please? Thanks in advance

B

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 20:12
Hi Shashank,

With 4.5 yrs of experience, you might not be able to apply to all colleges (since they require a minimum of 5 yrs). Also, you will need to improve your GMAT score substantially since your yrs of experience is on the lower side. Aim for 700-720 in GMAT if you want A, B, C or ISB.

Regards,
Tridisha

shashanktomar wrote:
GMAT - 680
Mechanical Engineer
89 % in 10th, 86 % in 12th and 72 % in B.Tech.
Experience - 4.5 years as of today
Working in the projects department in a manufacturing company. Handling projects related to procurement and process improvement to the tune of Rs. 1 crores.

Please suggest if I should consider applying to IIMA PGPX, IIMB, IIML, IIMC and ISB given my low GMAT score.

B

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2019, 20:21
Hi Brijnandini,

You have an unique profile, quite different from the application pool that IIMs usually receive. This combined with a 710 score puts you in a sweet spot for getting selected. More clarity on your most MBA goals, and absolute confidence on why you need an MBA will be necessary. You have substantial time, so start thinking more and more about your application and how you can make an impression on the admissions committee.

Regards,
Tridisha

Brijnandini wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for PGPX - IIM A

Age 33/Female
GMAT Score - 710
Education -
Undergrad from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
GPA - 8.3
12th Std from Mayo College Girl's School, Ajmer
Humanities - 94%

Total Work Experience - 6 years

Current Role -
Creative Manager - Leo Burnett, Mumbai
Previous Employers - Viacom18, Sony BBC Earth and 9X Media.
I Have been working with some of the leading media houses in the industry and have grown from a purely creative role to a leadership role in the same field. I have as a creative consultant alongside the marketing teams to launch various media campaigns for brands like Twitter, Viacom18, BBC Earth.

Post MBA goals - I would like to use my MBA to equip myself with skills that will help me take up leadership roles as a Marketing Executive.

I am planning to apply for R1 next year and would like to know if where my profile stands.

Thank you!

B
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2019, 00:09
Hi All,

Firstly many thanks for giving us such a fantastic platform. It would be great to have your valuable feedback on my profile for my chances in Indian B-Schools (IIMs, ISB)

Demographic: India, Female (27 y/o)
Education: B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
GMAT : 690 (Q-50, V-32, IR-8, AWA - 5)

Work Ex: 6 years by 2020, currently working IBM as Service Manager with primary job role as Customer Service Management for Sales Process automation for Major CPG client (Tobacco)

Leadership: Currently collaborating with an offshore location team of 50 people and 15 Markets across all Asia Pacific Zone.

Main Points in the CV:
>> International Exposure:
1. Stayed in Jakarta, Indonesia for more than one year
2. Stayed in Melbourne, Australia for a couple of months
3. Stayed in Bangkok, Thailand for Technical Consultancy on behalf of IBM
>> National Level Scholarship received from Government of India for academic excellence in 12th std.
>> Graduated (B.Tech) with a decent 90%
>> Involved in many Team building activities since college level

Hobbies/Interests:
1. Holding a Diploma Degree in Painting
2. Travelfreak, a Blogger, and have a keen interest in Photography.

Currently, I am living in Jakarta and would like to come back to my Homeland if I get some good opportunities in Schools there. Can you please share your valuable feedback like what are all the schools that I can think of with my profile and score?

TIA.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 26 Jul 2019, 00:09

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17    Next  [ 326 posts ] 

IIM Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status