GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 12:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Hi there; FR: EDHEC, ESSEC; NL: NYENRODE, TIAS and US: HULT.

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Hi there; FR: EDHEC, ESSEC; NL: NYENRODE, TIAS and US: HULT.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 May 2017, 09:39
Hey Guys;

I would like to hear your valuable comments. :wink:

I can say that I have not very good but interesting CV and average GMAT:

4.5 years junior and senior core network engineer (IP and Optics) in Alcatel-Lucent working for international projects.. I have travelled nearly more than 15 countries for business. And than 3 years Technical Project Experience in Turkey ( in a 3.7M Euros project; Turkey Public State, Crude Oil and Natural Gas Company's Telecom Project.) + more than 2 years Co-founder/ Project Manager, we can put it on Web Solutions and IT Cloud Experience which is now frozen because of **** economical situation in Turkey. So, well finally, I decided to move ;

- I got huge scholarship from HULT (%50) and this is what they say. This is the max. they say but I guess Hult is offering it to nearly everyone who has got good CV or good GMAT. But on the other hand, 1 year MBA 35K in US is a absolutely good offer. ( Especially considering UC Schools offer me nearly no scholarship) If you have skills you would absolutely find a job in US no matter what MBA that you have I assume..

- I got acceptance from Birmingham Business School and Manchester Business School but I'll skip UK Universities because of Brexit. I think I have no chance to find a job there and I don't believe that I can find any job in Europe actually from UK actually. An input: My close friend ( with UK visa) who has 10 years Core-Telco Experience seeks job during 1 year in UK; No good fitting job...

- I have learnt French when I was at secondary school. ( Spent 4 years intensive + 3 years slight in High School) French is my first foreign language. Although I am not using it for years I guess during a year in France I can remember and improve my French in order to adapt to daily business actions. So, this is why I applied EDHEC and ESSEC.
Btw; I liked EDHEC's approach to me. + The school rises in rankings as far as I saw, and seems that will be rising.. Their Career service mentality is good. They work hard really, representative succeeded to impress me on that. They are working to settle the students not only in France but also in other European countries.

- Netherlands is an other good option,there are two similar good school that I have acceptance from which are TIAS and Nyenrode. Nyenrode has got good Alumnus Network. Their Career Service is better I guess. On the other side, TIAS belongs to Tilburg University. Most probably MBA is academically better than Nyenrode. There would be interesting MBA Projects. The city is a good Student Uni. to live. Cheaper than Amsterdam etc. but I guess Strong Alumnus Activities and Career Services takes the first place for Nyenrode. Also I viewed Nyenrode's current students. Their CVs are good.

I have friends in NL, they say I can definitely find some job after graduation but for sure even tomorrow is not guaranteed that we would live or not right? :) [ Sorry to be pessimistic because I am confused what to choose :) ]

Thanks.

Originally posted by Ermando on 26 May 2017, 02:56.
Last edited by Ermando on 28 May 2017, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
S
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Re: Hi there; FR: EDHEC, ESSEC; NL: NYENRODE, TIAS and US: HULT.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2017, 04:34
Hi,

I have researched on a lot of Bschools myself and I happened to gain some information in your afromentioned unis.

Since you have a decent french and will have the time to polish your language skill during your MBA, ESSEC will be your best choice among the list. It is one of the top 3 grande ecole (HEC, ESSEC and ESCP). With a good CV and fluent french, the percentage of landing a job after you graduated from ESSEC will be high. While EDHEC cannot be compared to the 3 unis I've mentioned, it is without a doubt a decent Bschool too and its placement report are not too shabby.

Nyenrode and Tilburg are definitely top Bschools in Netherlands, however their name do not have the level of global reach as ESSEC does, they will land you jobs in Netherlands or BeNeLux region of course. I am rather worried that a certain level of Dutch fluency is somewhat required on a lot of jobs in BeNeLux region.

I am not too sure about Hult, but an astonishing number of negative reviews for HULT somewhat scares me.

Hope this helps !

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Hi there; FR: EDHEC, ESSEC; NL: NYENRODE, TIAS and US: HULT.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 31 May 2017, 22:38
Thank you a lot jxaw for your comment.

Please let me share my thought about MBA in France among two schools;

I am little bit confused by the ESSEC and EDHEC. EDHEC has placed in the FT (74th) and Economist(24th) Rankings but ESSEC is even not placed in FT and Economist Rankings for Full Time MBA. But I know ESSEC has good reputation, actually better reputation as a local institution but the statistics does not lie right? Thats weirdo.

About NL; I guess Nyenrode is stronger there.

About Hult I have huge scholarship and I am not sure to choose this mid. level school just for having an MBA in US. Actually I met some Turkish Alumnus who are nice, decent and business minded people working in a good companies by the way..

Originally posted by Ermando on 26 May 2017, 21:08.
Last edited by Ermando on 31 May 2017, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
S
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Re: Hi there; FR: EDHEC, ESSEC; NL: NYENRODE, TIAS and US: HULT.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2017, 21:27
Ermando wrote:
Thank you a lot jxaw for your comment.

Please let me share my thought about MBA in France among two schools;

I am little bit confused by the ESSEC and EDHEC. EDHEC has placed in the FT (74th) and Economist(24th) Rankings but ESSEC is even not placed in FT and Economist Rankings for Full Time MBA. But I know ESSEC has good reputation, actually better reputation as a local institution but the statistics does not lie right? Thats weirdo.

About NL; I guess Nyenrode is stronger there.

About Hult I have huge scholarship and I am not sure to choose this mid. level school just for having an MBA in US. Actually I met some Turkish Alumnus who are nice, decent and business mind people working in a good companies by the way..

FT rank or Economist rank is sort of indicator, but each of them has different metrics and formula to calculate those rank. It is better for you to understand how those institutions calculate their rank and make your own judgement (e.g, some of them put more emphasis on %of graduates employed within 3 months after graduation some of them put more on salary increase post mba).

Anyway don't rely too much on the rankings as your guidance. You should notice as well that students that come from more prestigious unis such as HEC, ESSEC or ESCP tend to search jobs of higher prestige as well and thus sometimes will not settle on jobs of lower prestige, resulting in a lower rank from those sources for example, there are a lot of qualitative factors that are involved in those factors and schools cannot be judge simply from those rank.

1st of all may I ask you what your goals are post MBA? Such as your dream jobs, country u are more comfortable to work at, etc, because different B schools have different placement on different sectors. From what I know EDHEC is a large feeder for 3rd tier IB such as BNP Paribas or HSBC for example.

For HULT, I'm sure no matter how bad is the school, there will be some bunch of intelligent guys as well, problem is as a student we want the best environment possible to enhance our learning and future networks, maybe u can take a look on this link.

https://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&sourc ... BbqvtY_szg
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Hi there; FR: EDHEC, ESSEC; NL: NYENRODE, TIAS and US: HULT.   [#permalink] 26 May 2017, 21:27

Hi there; FR: EDHEC, ESSEC; NL: NYENRODE, TIAS and US: HULT.

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate