Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 17 Jul 2019, 16:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

HKUST Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
HKUST Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2018, 23:47

!
This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for HKUST MBA applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Re: HKUST Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 04:14
Hi! Need a profile evaluation please. Overall profile description,

1) Indian male engineer (B.E - Telecommunication; CGPA: 7.6)
2) GMAT: 710
3) Work experience: Total 43 months as a Management Consultant

KPMG (29 months)
-> Joined KPMG straight out of college. Worked first as an Analyst and subsequently promoted to Associate Consultant
-> Delivered several process evaluation and cost optimization projects across various industries and sectors resulting in realized cumulative cost saving of US$ 1.4M
-> Nominated to led 3 member team on a 12 week risk assessment project within 12 months of joining the firm, managed to secure recurring annual business of US$16K from client
-> Recipient of two quarterly appreciation awards (KPMG Kudos)

ANKJ (14 months - current)

-> Joined as a Senior Consultant in newly formed consulting company
-> Led 5 month implementation project of employee transportation tool for a large IT services company, co-ordinated between the client and software solution provider to ensure phased roll-out
-> Developed and implemented optimized internal processes to better align with corporate strategy and improve control, compliance and CSAT metrics for large organizations
-> Delivered a competitive analysis report and presented recommendations to client executive management for product enhancement and new feature development/ deployment

4) Post MBA goals: Immediate post-MBA goal is to work in senior consulting roles in the Strategy/ Operations domain. Work on projects where I can experience the full change management lifecycle, strategy building to actual implementation.

5) Other considerations: Have a somewhat streak of working in entrepreneurial ventures,
-> Interned at e-commerce start-up during my third year; handled order processing, BD, vendor management and customer service for the company. Was able to achieve 30% uptick in profits during my 6 month internship
-> Co-founded my college newsletter. Was the founding chief editor, led the team of student writers

Thanks in advance!

PS: This is my first post in GMATClub, please excuses typos and formatting errors :grin:
Intern
Intern
Re: HKUST Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2018, 13:41
Background:Indian Male 29.

GMAT: 730 (Q50,V37)

Education: Mechanical Engineer (7.72 CGPA) & a PGDM passout (67%).

Language: English, Hindi & Gujarati

Experience: 4.10 years
(with 4+ years experience in Digital Media Planning & Strategizing; clients include Reebok, Swatch, Citi bank, Ola; no inter-national)

Certification from Google and Facebook

Currently working as a Digital Media Planner on Citi Bank and Ola with Publicis Media.

Leadership:
Event coordinator

Very active in volunteering with NGOs in AIDS awareness and help sector.

Insta Influencer with 6K+ followers

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V27

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2019, 11:41
GMAT in 2015 - 620
Total work ex 108 months
4 years in IT
5 years in government of India

Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation: HKUST MiM 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 01:22
Hello Hello Guys,

Can you help me evaluate my profile and tell me if have some chances to get admitted? (My career goal is to enter a Top consulting firm as a Digital Transformation Consultant).

My name is Tanguy, I'm 21, French and Ivorian. Grew up in Africa (Ivory Coast, Senegal, Kenya, Ghana)
My profile:

Undergraduate at ESSEC Business School (BBA) (Graduation 2020)
-Ranked 1st BBA in France
-Expected GPA: 13.5 (THIS IS WHAT I'M WORRYING ABOUT ACTUALLY)
-First 2 years of my BBA in Singapore
-Exchange Term in Finland

+

Associate Degree in Computer Science (University of the People): A non-profit, tuition-free, accredited, online, American university.
-Graduation: beginning 2021

Experience

3 months internship: Digital Marketing: Heroes (French startup)
2 years apprenticeship: Digital Transformation Analyst: Steelcase Inc. (American company leading their market)

+

Gmat expected mark: 710
IELTS:7.5

Volunteering Experience:
-1 month in Nepal teaching Nepalese kids English and Maths
-1 month in Nepal Empowering women

+

Language
-French (Mother's tongue)
-English (Fluent)
-Spanish (conversational)
-Chinese (B1 level)

Passion:
New technology, Avid reader, e-commerce, weightlifting and harmonica.

Thank you in advance !!! :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2019, 11:00
Hi!

I need a profile evaluation.

1) Indian Male Engineer (B.E - Electronics & Communication; GPA: 72%)
2) GMAT: 580
3) Work experience: Total 11 years of work experience in Military Communication & Robotics domain for Indian Defence Forces. Currently, working as Marketing & Business Development Manager in Larsen & Toubro Limited.

4) Post MBA goals: Immediate post-MBA goal is to gain exposure to International Market and subsequently, work as a Strategist in the higher echoleons of an organization.

Thanks in advance!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE: Business Development (Other)

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2019, 00:12
mayankara wrote:
Hi!

I need a profile evaluation.

1) Indian Male Engineer (B.E - Electronics & Communication; GPA: 72%)
2) GMAT: 580
3) Work experience: Total 11 years of work experience in Military Communication & Robotics domain for Indian Defence Forces. Currently, working as Marketing & Business Development Manager in Larsen & Toubro Limited.

4) Post MBA goals: Immediate post-MBA goal is to gain exposure to International Market and subsequently, work as a Strategist in the higher echoleons of an organization.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mayankara,

Based on your profile while your experience is interesting from the view point of having worked in an industry serving the Indian defence forces and now in an industrial group like L&T the weak link I see is the GMAT score. As a top MBA school the applicants to UST do generally have higher GMAT scores especially for Indians. Might be a good idea to retake the exam and bump up the score. Additionally the goal of wanting to work as a strategist is extremely broad, some insight into what that would mean for you and how you would fit into the role would be needed when interviewing.
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation MIM HKUST / Thoughts  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2019, 05:38
Hello everyone,

Can I get a profile evaluation for the MIM program at HKUST?

-Background and Nationality: French and Ivorian, I grew up in Africa (Senegal, Ivory Coast, Kenya and Ghana), finished my High school studies in Paris.
-Undergrad Information: I started my BBA degree in Singapore with ESSEC Business School (1st ranked BBA in France) where I spent 2 years. Uni Exchange in Finland.
-GMAT: 710 (expected)
-Work experience and leadership: Startup Sales internship Singapore (3months) + Startup Digital Marketing Internship in Paris (3months) + Apprenticeship as a Digital Transformation Assistant at Steelcase (8months twice).
-Community and others: Weightlifting in competition, ESSEC Africa (Raising awareness on Africa potential), Volunteer in Nepal 1 month (English and Maths teacher in a Monastery)
-Post MiM goals: Work in a Consulting firm in Asia for some time, then work in more global institution to be a key link between Africa and Asia

Anything else: 4 languages (French: Mother Tongue, English: Fluent, Chinese: HSK3-4 B1 level, Spanish: Conversational) + EDX: Microsoft Professional Program in Artificial Intelligence.

Thank you !
SVP
SVP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: Profile Evaluation MIM HKUST / Thoughts  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2019, 05:56
Top Contributor
TangsChang wrote:
Hello everyone,

Can I get a profile evaluation for the MIM program at HKUST?

-Background and Nationality: French and Ivorian, I grew up in Africa (Senegal, Ivory Coast, Kenya and Ghana), finished my High school studies in Paris.
-Undergrad Information: I started my BBA degree in Singapore with ESSEC Business School (1st ranked BBA in France) where I spent 2 years. Uni Exchange in Finland.
-GMAT: 710 (expected)
-Work experience and leadership: Startup Sales internship Singapore (3months) + Startup Digital Marketing Internship in Paris (3months) + Apprenticeship as a Digital Transformation Assistant at Steelcase (8months twice).
-Community and others: Weightlifting in competition, ESSEC Africa (Raising awareness on Africa potential), Volunteer in Nepal 1 month (English and Maths teacher in a Monastery)
-Post MiM goals: Work in a Consulting firm in Asia for some time, then work in more global institution to be a key link between Africa and Asia

Anything else: 4 languages (French: Mother Tongue, English: Fluent, Chinese: HSK3-4 B1 level, Spanish: Conversational) + EDX: Microsoft Professional Program in Artificial Intelligence.

Thank you !

Hi TangsChang

Here is our assessment:
- Overall, you would be a strong candidate for the HKUST MiM. You have excellent international exposure (an important consideration at HKUST), know 4 languages, and have some decent work experience under your belt too.
- Your experience seems to be more aligned to the technology sector, though. For the HKUST MiM, however, that will not be an issue. If you wish to aim for consulting, nothing stops you. Maybe one consulting internship in your experience could have helped in that respect though.
- If you can achieve your target GMAT of 710, look at other top MiM programs such as HEC and LBS (if they wall within your preference parameters) as well.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation MIM HKUST / Thoughts   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2019, 05:56

HKUST Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status