I just took my Gmat last weekend and have been reading about the application process for last two days. Honestly there is so
much information out there, its a bit overwhelming. While my random browsing I came across this forum and really liked your honest opinions on various profiles. So I have decided to try my luck and see if you reply
. I am going to try and list as much as I can about myself.
Age: 27 (Turning 28 in july)
Undergrad: Computer Engineering from a reputed college in India.
I was top of my class for first two years and 2nd for the 3rd and 4th year.
Grad: Master in Computer Science from Georgia Institute of Tech
I graduated with a 3.37 GPA but the thing that stand out for me is that I was the only one in the entire class of 2007 who did a
thesis. My thesis work was on something completely new to me and I put day and night together for two years to finish it. My advisor can vouch for that.
1) Bay area tech company: From June 2007 till Aug 2010
I worked in a very competitive bleeding edge technology here for 3 years.
2) Bay area tech comp: Sep 2010 till Present
I am working in networking here too.
I got promotion within my first year of work and a lot of appreciation from management.
Short term: I want to get into a role where I wil be challenged to manage people and technology.
Long Term Goal: I want to go back to my hometown and start some sort of organization to help with women education. But to do that I would have to navigate through a society that is predominantly male dominated.
-I am very passionate about running and do marathons every so often. Nothing gives me more joy and happiness than a good run.
I even run for charities and have raised money for education of poor people through my running.
- I was the Leader of an organisation of new women grads at my company which helped girls to make the transition from college life to professional life, give guidance for being successful in professional life and peer networking in general.
- I have volunteered for a lot of organizations. One that stands out is a Hospice for HIV infected people. I use to volunteer there for 4 hours every week.
- When I was in college I had adopted a poor girl in Bombay and helped her through school education
I have tried to give as much information as I could. I would like to go to one of Top 10 business schools in US. Do you think I stand a chance ? If I want to apply to 4 colleges which ones should they be in your opinion ?
Thanks for your time.