Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:41 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [2]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Send PM
Re: Horrifying GMAT Test Taking experience [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
munchkin123 wrote:
Thanks Abhimahna...

Can I know at which email ID exactly I need to complain? I contacted their customer care email IDs. But is there a special contact email for such issues?

Thanks!

Hey munchkin123 ,

I think those are the only ones to contact. Why don't you call them as well? (Just to be on a safer side.)

You can find more details here: https://www.mba.com/india/service/contact-us.aspx

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Abhimahna...

Can I know at which email ID exactly I need to complain? I contacted their customer care email IDs. But is there a special contact email for such issues?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much man. I owe you one. :)

You deserve more Kudos. :D

Will update here if they contact me with anything. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2052 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
munchkin123 wrote:

Did you cancel the score at the end of the test? Such an incident should lead to a free re-test or at least a very discounted re-test.

Did you take any proof in writing from the conductor that such and such had happened with you?

All the best.

Hope you get to re-write the exam for free.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
munchkin123 wrote:
Hi all,

I had started off with the verbal section. After 10 mins or so, the software got stuck. And it showed a blue screen error. I had just answered 04 questions and I had used up more than 03 mins on the 5th question, when the entire screen froze. I called the administrator immediately. He quit the software, restarted it again. And thankfully I could continue with the test. But, after ten mins or so, the same blue screen thing happened again. It got stuck at 60:30:33 min or so. I was a bit more relieved this time and called him again.

This time he tried doing the same thing. On and off. It didnt work. I was getting tensed now. Pressure was building up because it was working fine for others. He asked me to leave the testing arena and wait at the waiting hall. I did. I waited for ten minutes, entirely tensed and worried about my score. I was not in the exam mindset anymore.

He came out and started calling the Pearson fellows, gave my test ID and other details and tried to talk something on the phone. After another ten mins or so, the software started running and I unpaused the exam. But this time the time started showing 54:43:21 or so. I was shocked. I had to re-read the entire question again, and on top of it I had lost more than 06 precious minutes.

After this the test became very very slow. It was so unresponsive that once I clicked on an option, I had to literally wait for 07 seconds for the bubble to show up. Then clicking on "Next" and "Confirm" was also very unresponsive. I somehow got adjusted to the slow non-responsive version and I tried to complete the test.

I was tensed, I had lost time and the test had become very unresponsive.

I was expecting a high score. But in the end I could get just a 690. I am disappointed. Do I email Pearson guys with this issue? Where can I do that? I need some help guys, before it is too late.

Interesting! How come the test administrator not add the time you lost to your test? Just FYI, if something like this happens, the test administrator needs to compensate for the lost time. The test administrator has the authority to add the lost minutes. This happened with me as well. In my case the test administrator was going to add 2 minutes. When the test administrator was about to enter the extra minutes, I suggested her 3 minutes, as while she was doing all these changes, I had lost another 40-50 seconds. Finally I proceeded the test with these added 3 minutes.

I understand that such incidents upset your rhythm and you lose concentration. So, as Abhi suggested, ask for test cancellation and rescheduling of the test. All the best :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No, I did not cancel the scores. I did not want to waste so much money. I thought something would be better than nothing.

And no, I did not take anything in writing. It all just happened too fast. And by the time I came out of the testing area, my scores were in my hands. So, I just came out in frustration.

There is the entire video footage as proof. :D

Gladiator59 wrote:
munchkin123 wrote:

Did you cancel the score at the end of the test? Such an incident should lead to a free re-test or at least a very discounted re-test.

Did you take any proof in writing from the conductor that such and such had happened with you?

All the best.

Hope you get to re-write the exam for free.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I literally had no idea that the administrator had the power to add extra time. If I knew I would have asked for it. Damn.

Anyways, I have written an emotional appeal to the GMAC guys. Let's see if they will reply positively or not.

DigitsnLetters wrote:
munchkin123 wrote:
Hi all,

I had started off with the verbal section. After 10 mins or so, the software got stuck. And it showed a blue screen error. I had just answered 04 questions and I had used up more than 03 mins on the 5th question, when the entire screen froze. I called the administrator immediately. He quit the software, restarted it again. And thankfully I could continue with the test. But, after ten mins or so, the same blue screen thing happened again. It got stuck at 60:30:33 min or so. I was a bit more relieved this time and called him again.

This time he tried doing the same thing. On and off. It didnt work. I was getting tensed now. Pressure was building up because it was working fine for others. He asked me to leave the testing arena and wait at the waiting hall. I did. I waited for ten minutes, entirely tensed and worried about my score. I was not in the exam mindset anymore.

He came out and started calling the Pearson fellows, gave my test ID and other details and tried to talk something on the phone. After another ten mins or so, the software started running and I unpaused the exam. But this time the time started showing 54:43:21 or so. I was shocked. I had to re-read the entire question again, and on top of it I had lost more than 06 precious minutes.

After this the test became very very slow. It was so unresponsive that once I clicked on an option, I had to literally wait for 07 seconds for the bubble to show up. Then clicking on "Next" and "Confirm" was also very unresponsive. I somehow got adjusted to the slow non-responsive version and I tried to complete the test.

I was tensed, I had lost time and the test had become very unresponsive.

I was expecting a high score. But in the end I could get just a 690. I am disappointed. Do I email Pearson guys with this issue? Where can I do that? I need some help guys, before it is too late.

Interesting! How come the test administrator not add the time you lost to your test? Just FYI, if something like this happens, the test administrator needs to compensate for the lost time. The test administrator has the authority to add the lost minutes. This happened with me as well. In my case the test administrator was going to add 2 minutes. When the test administrator was about to enter the extra minutes, I suggested her 3 minutes, as while she was doing all these changes, I had lost another 40-50 seconds. Finally I proceeded the test with these added 3 minutes.

I understand that such incidents upset your rhythm and you lose concentration. So, as Abhi suggested, ask for test cancellation and rescheduling of the test. All the best :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Will surely do. :)

Thanks for the support guys. :)

DigitsnLetters wrote:
munchkin123 wrote:
I literally had no idea that the administrator had the power to add extra time. If I knew I would have asked for it. Damn.

Anyways, I have written an emotional appeal to the GMAC guys. Let's see if they will reply positively or not.

When you hear back from GMAC, make sure you mention that no time compensation was made.

It's amazing you scored a 690 even with the reduced time!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Update.

The GMAC guys responded and offered a free re-test. And I can schedule it for any day I want itseems. So, have schedule it for mid-April.

They were really responsive, and now I feel much better. :D

Thank you everyone in this forum who has helped me. :)

DigitsnLetters wrote:
munchkin123 wrote:

When you hear back from GMAC, make sure you mention that no time compensation was made.

It's amazing you scored a 690 even with the reduced time!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
munchkin123 wrote:
Update.

The GMAC guys responded and offered a free re-test. And I can schedule it for any day I want itseems. So, have schedule it for mid-April.

They were really responsive, and now I feel much better. :D

Thank you everyone in this forum who has helped me. :)

Thank you for the update and congratulations :)

We hope to see your dream score soon.

All the best :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts