Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:38 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 12-01-2011
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT Date: 12-22-2011
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Re: How accurate is the GMAT-prep software? [#permalink]
yea I was wondering the same thing. The quant seemed too easy to me, the verbal was realistically challenging tho. ended up with 660 and I haven't done any prep.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
hi, guys. i've been lurking around for several weeks now. first question/post. how do the "review" questions that come with the two free GMATPrep tests compare to the questions within the test? Are they of easy, medium, hard difficulty compared to the questions in the actual practice tests? I ask because I've gone through all of the review questions and finished them without any problems - wondering if i can use this as an indication on how i'd do in the practice tests themselves. thank you very much!

good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
I think the GMATPrep tests are the most accurate reflection of the actual test. I took one GMATPrep test 3 days before I took the real thing and got the exact same score on both (even the same quant and verbal breakdown). Just my experience though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V50
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Do any experience (or non-experienced haha) GMAT takers have a strong opinion on when the GMATPrep tests should be used? I have just started preparation, and was planning on taking one now to have an accurate gauge of my starting point, and then saving the other for closer to test day. However, there seem to be some people who think that both tests should be saved for near the end of the study period. Anyone have a strong opinion on this either way?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I am scared....

I am giving practice tests for last 3 weeks and the recent GMAT prep 2014 software's score scarring the hell out of me...

I did give Kaplan Test and got scores such as 580 and 630.
But in GMAT Prep 2014 Exams I gave in last 3 days, I only got 560 and 520.....

please give some advice....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
ArpitMJ wrote:
I am scared....

I am giving practice tests for last 3 weeks and the recent GMAT prep 2014 software's score scarring the hell out of me...

I am scared....

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ArpitMJ,

The GMAT (and the various practice CATs that you might take to prepare for it) give you the score that you EARN. So you shouldn't be "scared" of a score result - you should 'investigate' it. A big part of properly preparing for the GMAT includes doing review. You should plan to do a full question-by-question review of EVERY CAT that you take.

When you get questions wrong, you need to try to define WHY you got the question wrong. Was it because the question was too hard or that you didn't know the content? Was it because you made a silly/little mistake? How many times do you end up saying "I should have gotten that question correct?" How many times do you "narrow it down to 2 choices and 'guess wrong' in the Verbal?" These are all things that you can fix...and you have to fix them if you want a higher score.

1) What is your goal score?
2) How long have you been studying?
3) What resources have you been using?
4) When is your Official Test Date?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
ArpitMJ wrote:
I am scared....

Hi ArpitMJ,

If you want to score high on GMAT, you need to remain focused.Take time and analyse the GMAT Prep 2014 tests that you have already taken.Analyse your performance thoroughly in those tests.Go through each and every question and make a note of how you could have attempted a particular question in a better, smarter and a faster way.Doing this will not only help you identify your strong and weak areas but also help you in improving your time management for attempting questions for future tests.

Do not panic.Try to follow the above strategy and I am sure you will pull your scores up.

Let me know if you would have any further queries regarding your gmat preparations.Wish you the best.
www.manyagroup.com
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3670 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
As mentioned above, GMATPrep software is as close as it gets. Are there examples of students who did really well on GMATPrep but poorly on the real thing? Yes, but compared to anything else out there, this is as close as you can get.

Other tests - including the GMAT Pill Practice test - are close. Our students report scores that are within +- 30 points of what they are getting on GMATPrep. But still - as close as this is -- still nothing beats a practice test from the same guys who actually administer the test.
GMAT Club Bot