Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: How hard is GMAT? [#permalink]
Yes I meant those aren't my greatest strengths. It's not that I am completely incapable of doing math problems and dissecting sentences, it's that I just need to work extra hard and was wondering the difficulty level of the math problems on the GMAT exams.

Would MGMAT books sufficiently prepare me for the GMAT?

Thanks for the reply.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
A 450 is indicative of a long way to go, take the GMAC's practice test, consider getting Knewton or Magoosh if you like video lessons, MGMAT Books are great.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
realgm9211 wrote:
Ok so this question has probably been asked before but I'm thinking about my MBA.
I got my Human resources Diploma from a community college and i was on the Deans list, community college was a joke.
I then got my Bachelors in Human Resources and maintained a B+ GPA without actually trying a lot.

That being said, math and english have always been my weak point, so considering that GMAT is essentially math and english, what hope do i have? Can I get 600+ by reviewing MGMAT guides? I am determined and read to to bust ass but do i need to have good foundation in math and english to have a good chance at my goal? Or will prep course, practice test be a lot of help?

Thanks guys, just thinking about what to do

Hi realmgm9211,

Everyone has a different learning style. Sure, give it a try with books - but if that's not working for you, try out some online videos.

The GMAT is a test of reasoning - it's about how you think. While books can give you the concepts, they are usually not the best way to communicate how to think. If you have the desire and dedication, there's room to improve. Just make sure you do it the right way for your learning style.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
I was wondering what was your Q/V Breakdown? Are you a non-native English speaker? A 450 is at the 24th centile meaning 76 percent of test takers do better than that. A top 50 MBA requires a 650, a top 10 a 710-720, for a top 100 school you'll need approximately 600. To get there you will need to work first on the basics and then focus on your specific weaknesses. You'll also need to consider why you need an MBA and how much value a non-brand name school will provide.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
futurectdoc wrote:
I was wondering what was your Q/V Breakdown? Are you a non-native English speaker? A 450 is at the 24th centile meaning 76 percent of test takers do better than that. A top 50 MBA requires a 650, a top 10 a 710-720, for a top 100 school you'll need approximately 600. To get there you will need to work first on the basics and then focus on your specific weaknesses. You'll also need to consider why you need an MBA and how much value a non-brand name school will provide.

33V
25Q

English isn't my native language, but I have come a long long way.

Thanks for all the replies guys

I really need to freshen up my math skills, When I was taking the course i was lost with math Questions. Its been at least 2/3 years since I have touched math. I am serious about this and give it a try, so I am gonna dedicate myself to study and get a decent score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Work hard then go pro. Choose the right type of document and practice day by day.
GMAT Club Bot