GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 04:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How's Application Volume This Year?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

VP
VP
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Premium Member
How's Application Volume This Year? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2009, 11:26
Last year there were a lot of concerns about increase in application volume. I have not heard much discussion on this topic. Maybe it's old news.

I was wondering if anyone know if the volume is going to be up again this year since the economy hasn't completely turned around.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Re: How's Application Volume This Year? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2009, 11:40
I think it will drop at most schools, probably not by much but it will be down. I think the biggest hit will be internationals who are still going to be afraid of loans and the job market.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2009, 11:49
We just published a survey Kaplan released on 8/31/2009 and Admissions said the number of applications increased this year. Not sure if they meant "last application year" since this year technically did not start, but may be interesting to you:

http://gmatclub.com/blog/2009/09/result ... pplicants/

My guess is that people will still apply, but fewer may decide to matriculate due to "improving" economy.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2009, 15:52
asimov wrote:
Last year there were a lot of concerns about increase in application volume. I have not heard much discussion on this topic. Maybe it's old news.

I was wondering if anyone know if the volume is going to be up again this year since the economy hasn't completely turned around.

Those numbers usually come out around December through news articles. (I mean, how can one answer such question when R1 deadline is a month away? :-D )

Last year, only R1 saw notable spikes in app volume. After that it kinda trailed off.

In any given year, you can have a spike in app volume but quality applicants that top bschools want - the number of such applicants mostly likely won't increase just because the overall app volume goes up.

If anything, the app volume might go up because of recent college graduates wanting to enter bschool directly without job experience and 2nd and lower tier bschools are more inclined to accept such applicants.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2009, 13:28
I went to a MBA tour event and an adcom member said it would be normal this year based on the number of people taking GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2009, 14:12
I bet second round will drop. The 2009 employment stats will be out in late fall, and imagine people's reaction after seeing those hopeless stats...
Re: How's Application Volume This Year?   [#permalink] 13 Sep 2009, 14:12

How's Application Volume This Year?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Hatakekakashi, gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap