Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [65]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72880 [5]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72880 [3]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [6]

Send PM
How to access all 1,500 Questions from your Free GMATPrep tests [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
rcfarhat wrote:
Hello, Brian, how are you?

I fully agree with your statement , that using GMAT Official questions instead synthetic one brings far more advantages than disadvantages
I believe that through this method, we stay much more in contact with both the language and the kind of thinking that GMAT uses.

I would like to know where I can find resolution for these items below
1) 1500 questions from GMAT Prep Software
2) Question Pack 1
3) 400 questions from Exam PACK 1 and 2

Do you know if someone had the perspicacity to compile all these three items and solve them?
That would be the ultimate surpassing !!!

Kind Regards from Brazil :thumbup:
Rodolfo Farhat

Hi Rodolfo,

For copyright reasons, there is nowhere on GMAT Club with explanations to all the questions from the 4 (3 of which are paid) official sources that you mentioned in one place. However, you can try searching the Question Bank by tags to find explanations to individual questions from those sources:

GMAT Prep Software
Exam Pack 1
Exam Pack 2
Question Pack 1

...or you can simply google search the first few words of each question, and a GMAT Club link will most likely pop up.

-Brian

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 18 Mar 2018, 22:10.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 18 Jun 2021, 13:33, edited 2 times in total.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [3]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
rcfarhat wrote:
Hello, Brian,

As you suggested, I am only practicing trough OG exercises - [OG Review: 15, 16, 17, 18 + OG (Verb & Quant): 15, 16, 17, 18].
After completing them my intention is to start doing the GMAC Pack Question.

Since I am forcing myself to solve SC questions under 1:30, I am missing a lot of Medium/Hard SC questions from OG.

Question:

a) Should I go back to these exercises , in the same day, and solve them without time pressure?
b) Should I read and understand their resolution; wait 2 days, and them go back to them? Still under pressure time?

note1: Since I am on vacations, my next 30 days will be dedicated only for GMAt
note2: my test is in relative short time (28 days from now), and I still need to study RC.

Best, Rodolfo

Hi Rodolfo,

Timed exercises are overrated, in my opinion, especially early in the prep process. I understand that your test is in only 3 weeks, but you have to start somewhere, and you can't rush it. First, you need to learn how to get the question right in 3-5 minutes, and force yourself to do a full, detailed analysis of every answer choice, indicating why the correct answer is correct, but also precisely why the incorrect answers are incorrect. Over time, you will get faster, and hopefully by the time the test arrives, you can average 1.5-2 minutes per Verbal question.

My advice: relax and put down the stopwatch. When preparing for the GMAT, especially in the early stages but also in the late stages, it is important to not worry too much about time pressure, and to not take too many practice tests, which only builds bad habits if you don't learn the concepts properly the first time. Just take it one question at a time, don't rush, and learn the material at a pace that is comfortable for you!

You have to learn to crawl before you learn to walk, and you have to learn to walk before you learn to run. Timed tests and drills certainly have a place in the prep process, but timing your practice is not always a good idea.

Good luck,
Brian

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 23 Mar 2018, 13:34.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 18 Jun 2021, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: How to access all 1,500 Questions from your Free GMATPrep tests [#permalink]
Kudos
Thank you Bryan!

I gess then there is little point in buying the other exam packs.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
Just to make sure I understand the instructions correctly. I will summarize how I understand

Step 1: take a test - 3 hours.
Step 2: Take 90 screenshots - 18 minutes
Step 3: Reset the software - 1 minute
Repeat 16 times (probably 30 times since you will encounter a lot of repeats)

Is that the suggestion outlined in this post? It does not strike me as very friendly due to the time constraint involved. What am I missing?

Hi bb,

Well, I would not necessarily take a full test after resetting the software. Instead, you might just choose to try as few as 5-10 questions, and take a screenshot at the BEGINNING of each question, not at the end of the 3-hour test (see step #5 above).

You could also skip the screenshot step entirely, but if you do, then you won't have a record of which questions you have completed, and you don't protect yourself against the test crashing and losing all your work.

It is not a very time-friendly method if you choose to take a full test that way, but it is cost-effective, and I do have some tips that can speed you up. Also remember that the GMATPrep software has a "Pause Exam" button which allows you to take breaks whenever you want. It's especially helpful if you have more than 1 computer, and you can keep 2 versions of the software running at once. The point is that you don't necessarily have to finish the test or receive a "final score"...you can use this method to practice just a few questions, for example. Besides, the score will not be realistic if you are pausing the test anyway.

Thus, I'm not advocating all the steps at once. I may not have communicated this well enough, but this post is written to explain what you can do to try more questions after you've already taken exams 1 and 2. The goal here is not necessarily to access every last question in the Question Pool (I agree that it would take forever but tutors like dabral have done it for Quant)--it's to get more bang for your buck from the free software. Most GMAT prep students are taking these tests once and only seeing 180 questions out of a possible 1,500...that means that they are missing out on 88% of the questions.

In order to protect yourself against GMATPrep software crashes, I strongly suggest that you start training yourself to automatically take screenshots anytime you try a question on the computer, which is just the matter of a quick keystroke (for your screenshots, use either the "Print Screen" (Windows Key + PrtScn) button on a PC or (Shift + Command + 3) on a Mac). Take the screenshot at the beginning of every question as a matter of habit, and you will have a built-in way to save backup copies of the questions you've completed.

If money is no object, then Question Pack 1 and Exam Packs 1 and 2 are clearly more hassle-free choices. But what I like most about this method is that it's a FREE way to access roughly the same number of questions that are in the OGs. And, as I wrote before, I believe that some repetition of questions is actually a good thing.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 13 Jun 2016, 16:26.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 21 Sep 2021, 09:36, edited 21 times in total.
Tutor

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Yes, you could do that instead, but then you would miss out on the realism / interface / timing of the actual GMATPrep software, and you would be assuming that all of these questions have already been correctly posted on GMAT Club, which is not the case. Also, once the software is downloaded, my method obviates the need for internet access: you can simply install the (free) software on your computer and have 1,500 practice questions at your disposal, as long as you have access to electricity and a computer.

Regarding step #2, screenshots should take no more than 1 second each for most users. For more information on how to take and auto-save GMAT question screenshots on Windows and Mac, please check out the below thread:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-use-ke ... 22081.html

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 13 Jun 2016, 16:44.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 18 Jun 2021, 13:33, edited 9 times in total.
Tutor

Send PM
Re: How to access all 1,500 Questions from your Free GMATPrep tests [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Aleix23 wrote:
Hi mcelroytutoring and thank you for the information on Gmat Official practice tests, It was very useful.

I still have some doubts though:
- Why do you keep talking about 90 questions?
Aren't they just 79 for each exam? (31 Quant +36 Verbal + 12 IR)

Because when I wrote the original post, the GMAT did indeed have 90 questions total. Only recently was the total number of questions reduced to 79.

Aleix23 wrote:
- What is the point of buying exam packs 3 and 4 from the official platform if you can redo exams 1 and 2 as many times as you want?
You gain acces to a new bank of 1500 questions?

Actually, the total bank for the paid tests is much smaller...more like 300 questions.

Aleix23 wrote:
Best regards from Barcelona.

I love Spain! I lived in San Sebastian and Valencia for a while.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 19 Feb 2019, 21:35.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 21 Feb 2019, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Send PM
Hello, Brian, how are you?

I fully agree with your statement , that using GMAT Official questions instead synthetic one brings far more advantages than disadvantages
I believe that through this method, we stay much more in contact with both the language and the kind of thinking that GMAT uses.

I would like to know where I can find resolution for these items below
1) 1500 questions from GMAT Prep Software
2) Question Pack 1
3) 400 questions from Exam PACK 1 and 2

Do you know if someone had the perspicacity to compile all these three items and solve them?
That would be the ultimate surpassing !!!

Kind Regards from Brazil :thumbup:
Rodolfo Farhat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Send PM
Hello, Brian,

As you suggested, I am only practicing trough OG exercises - [OG Review: 15, 16, 17, 18 + OG (Verb & Quant): 15, 16, 17, 18].
After completing them my intention is to start doing the GMAC Pack Question.

Since I am forcing myself to solve SC questions under 1:30, I am missing a lot of Medium/Hard SC questions from OG.

Question:

a) Should I go back to these exercises , in the same day, and solve them without time pressure?
b) Should I read and understand their resolution; wait 2 days, and them go back to them? Still under pressure time?

note1: Since I am on vacations, my next 30 days will be dedicated only for GMAt
note2: my test is in relative short time (28 days from now), and I still need to study RC.

Best, Rodolfo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Hi mcelroytutoring and thank you for the information on Gmat Official practice tests, It was very useful.

I still have some doubts though:
- Why do you keep talking about 90 questions?
Aren't they just 79 for each exam? (31 Quant +36 Verbal + 12 IR)

- What is the point of buying exam packs 3 and 4 from the official platform if you can redo exams 1 and 2 as many times as you want?
You gain acces to a new bank of 1500 questions?

Best regards from Barcelona.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Aleix23 wrote:
Thank you Bryan!

I gess then there is little point in buying the other exam packs.
Don't go by just the number of questions in the pool. The paid exam packs can be very useful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
@McelroyTutoring- I have a pert question. Do you think practicing these@ 1500 questions can add great value. I am scoring around 43 in Quant. Practising these 1500 Questions, can i take the score to around 48 or 49?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Clifford123,

While you should certainly be careful about using relevant and realistic practice materials to train for the GMAT, if you are 'stuck' at a Q43 right now, then the issue is far more likely to be HOW you are approaching the Quant section of the Exam (and not how many official questions you have worked through so far). For example, if you have developed any 'bad habits' (or are otherwise working in inefficient ways), then working through hundreds of additional practice questions (from any source) won't necessarily fix those issues and get you to a Q49.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
GMAT Club Bot