Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
MBA Prep School Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: How to answer: Post MBA Plans [#permalink]
Expert Reply
This is a great question, notadmin23, and one worth considering from a couple of different perspectives:

1) Ad Coms: Ad Coms ask this question largely for two reasons: (1) to make sure that the students on campus represent a diversity of future career paths and, (2) to make sure you know why you're going to business school. For the first, there is no right or wrong answer; they really want to know where you're going to fit in terms of the overall balance of the class. For the second, they want to know that you've really given your future career some thought and that you're not just looking for a two year vacation. Recruiting at business school generally happens at break-neck speed and, if you haven't some clue where you want to go, it's easy to get completely overwhelmed by the process.

2) You: See the last point above. Even if what you really want is that two year vacation, you are going to have to contend with the realities of the B-school job market very soon. If you don't know what your career aspirations are, recruiting can be a very trying time. So, put some thought into this before you show up; you'll be happy that you did.

In terms of specifics, it's nice to know what the short- and long-term plans are but you don't want to be overly defined. You want to appear as highly employable, not just committed to one specific job at one specific company. Speak in terms of functions, industry, types of companies. This keeps your options focused but your potential employers broad.

Hope this is helpful and best of luck in your application process,
MBA Prep School
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot