Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: How to Apply Rd2 After Rd1 Dings? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Filthydelphia wrote:
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
Filthydelphia wrote:
I have been dinged from all but one school and am starting on Rd2 apps. The challenge I am running into, however, is that schools do not have campus visits, off-campus events, or even webinars between now and the application deadlines in early to mid-January. I know it is highly encouraged to do these things prior to applying (and visiting often provides information that can be leveraged in the application process!), but I seem to be behind the power curve as I waited for Rd1 dings. At the least, I may not have a compelling reason to explain why I did not do these visits as my reason is I was hoping I would get into other schools!
Hi @Filthydelphia, sorry to hear of your R1 dings. This is disappointing- but keep in mind that anything worth something takes work- so look at all the R1 work as hopefully better preparing you for success R2. And sure in a perfect world you'd be further along and have done school visits- but even without that you still have time to put in some solid R2 apps if you hurry. It wouldn't hurt to leverage a consultant's knowledge to help you spend your time wisely under tight time constraints- if you want to look into that- reach out at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

But without knowing the schools you applied to- here is what I suggest- take some honest stock- if you applied to all top 10 and were dinged- then for R2 I would look to the 15-25 range of schools. Look for programs where your GMAT and GPA are at or above average.
Then look at what you want to do post MBA- if for example it is Real Estate- you should look at program like UNC Kenan-Flagler for their excellent real estate program. If you want social impact- look at Georgetown. My colleague Harold did a great article on looking at some similar schools for R2- so if you like case method and you got dinged from HBS- try Darden R2. Here's the article and this may give you some good ideas: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... ay-like-y/

Also, do the best job you can. If you can't visit the campus, you still might be able to watch a webinar on the website- or you may be able to reach out to students in the clubs via the website contacts. So work with what you have, do the best you can, and focus on what is ahead and not behind you. Often the people who do best in the world are those who move quickly through disappointment-
so allow yourself a day to be sad about R1- and then move quickly to gathering new info on R2 schools and in putting your best effort into the application. Don't sweat what you did not do - just make the best of the options you have going forward!

I look forward to hearing the community's thoughts on this.

Thanks, Donna. Some helpful links and general advice. I am sure many others are in a similar boat every year so good to see I can recover by maximizing my time over the coming days.

Quote:
if you applied to all top 10 and were dinged- then for R2 I would look to the 15-25 range of schools. Look for programs where your GMAT and GPA are at or above average.

I wonder about this point because my GMAT/GPA are higher than the average at all the schools I applied to! ;)

OK- so if your GMAT/GPA were higher... then there's a story problem some where... it is your career goal- your work experience or your rec letters or something... and I'd do some kind of audit to see what might be off track. If you want us to do a ding analysis - we do this. So reach out to us at the link here if you want that: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
GMAT Club Bot
Re: How to Apply Rd2 After Rd1 Dings? [#permalink]