Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: How to Create Error Logs [#permalink]
Expert Reply
You should do whatever you are comfortable with doing. Ultimately you want to have all your ERRORS documented. You are welcome to document the correct ones as well so you know where you stand but that's not required.

Just do it. a piece of paper works just fine.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Typical information you would include is the problem #, what source the question was from, why you think you missed the question and what topic you need to learn, what you answered, what the correct answer is, what you should do next time. I sometimes even kept track if I took too long a problem even if I solved it. I wanted to make sure I took the best route to solving the next time around. It's all about keeping track of what your doing, so that when you do something right or wrong, you can learn from it again and again. Error logs become AWESOME, once you added to them over time. It's a great thing to come back to weeks after doing those problems and making big progress.

Best of luck, and let us know if you have any questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATLA wrote:
Typical information you would include is the problem #, what source the question was from, why you think you missed the question and what topic you need to learn, what you answered, what the correct answer is, what you should do next time. I sometimes even kept track if I took too long a problem even if I solved it. I wanted to make sure I took the best route to solving the next time around. It's all about keeping track of what your doing, so that when you do something right or wrong, you can learn from it again and again. Error logs become AWESOME, once you added to them over time. It's a great thing to come back to weeks after doing those problems and making big progress.

Best of luck, and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the great Info. I will start making logs from now onwards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
You should do whatever you are comfortable with doing. Ultimately you want to have all your ERRORS documented. You are welcome to document the correct ones as well so you know where you stand but that's not required.

Just do it. a piece of paper works just fine.

Thanks BB.
I need one more help . Pls. Evaluate my study plan for next 2-3 months. I have asked on other post also . But still copying here .

I am non native English speaker with 2+ years of experience in IT industry with a big MNC .I started the GMAT preparation 6 months back.I gave the GMAT Prep Mock that time and scored 530 not sure about breakup score but i think it was (48 Q 23 V) .Since i am targeting 700+ so it was quite clear that i need to improve a lot.I am giving my best to study daily according to advices in the forum.
Quant will not be a big problem for me but verbal is a nightmare.
So for Verbal i have done following things:-
Studied Manhattan SC , power score CR and daily reading editorial page of newspaper(let me tell u i was never interested in reading at all before my preparation:) :))
Till now i have practiced SC,Cr and RC from:
OG(10,11,12).
Grockit.

So after all this today my Mock scores are:-
Gmat prep - 660 (Q 49, V 32)
Manhattan Cat- 620(Q 43, v 33)(I was surprised to see my quant score, but digested finally since i have never practiced Quant for GMAT).

I have realized that i am improving gradually. One problem which i see in me is i am not able to manage the time in CAT.i.e am not able to finish verbal even..Every time i am making Quick guesses in the last RC passage of mocks.i have read timings strategies that this forum is mentioning but some how i am not able to apply probably because of the stress that ticking clock gives me .
I have to achieve my goal of 700+ for converting my dream to reality.

And Please Evaluate my Study Plan:-
1)Daily 3-4 Passages from RC99 and 10,11,12 OGs. Daily reading Fiction books. Got few books, mentioned in Gmat fiction post :) :) :) .
2)15 days assigned to SC -
Reading Manhattan SC chapter by chapter.
Practice all 3 OGs 10,11 & 12.
Also using Grockit Questions.
3) 15-18 Days CR
Power Score Bible CR chapter by chapter
Pratice Grockit and OGs.

Finished Verbal by now while doing Quant will give Verbal mocks from MGMAT and Gmat Prep.
4) 20-25 days to Quant . Practice from Grockit and OG 12.
After Finishing Quant will practice 6-7 Full tests.
Finally after revision of my weaknesses , Will Give the Exam.

P.S:- I will be having a break in studies in feb end for around 2 weeks. Will that affect my performance when i come back?

Thanks In Advance.
GMAT Club Bot