Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 415 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4095 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: How to deal with accidental internet failure in GMAT Testcenter [#permalink]
PierreWU
congrats on 710 ...
you should complain to peason on this subject.. infact had it been possible you could have asked your proctor to give you some letter / acknowledgement for a computer internet failure which you could then use as an evidence to prove the same to GMAC....

PierreWU wrote:
:cry:

Hello my friends,

I just took a GMAT today and get a 710. However, just before I started the IR and AWA part, the computer had an internet failure. My IR is just 1 point, which is highly impossible.

Do you have any suggestion? Do I need to complain with PearsonVue? I’ve been self-studied for 2 months alongside my current work. This result really broke my heart.

Thanks.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: How to deal with accidental internet failure in GMAT Testcenter [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi PierreWU,

To start, a 710/Q50 is an outstanding Score - so you can comfortably apply to any Business Schools that interest you. The IR1 will likely NOT impact your applications at all - since most Schools still do not place much value on that sub-score of the Official GMAT. That having been said, if you'd like to know how an individual Program views the IR score, then you can contact that Program and ask.

Beyond that, it's certainly possible that if your Test 'crashed' DURING the IR section, then an error may have occurred in your IR scoring. If the crash occurred BEFORE you started the IR section though, then the issue becomes a bit less clear (and an 'error' probably less likely). You can certainly file a formal complaint, but it's probable that all of this will ultimately be a non-factor in your applications.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
How to deal with accidental internet failure in GMAT Testcenter [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi PierreWU,

To start, a 710/Q50 is an outstanding Score - so you can comfortably apply to any Business Schools that interest you. The IR1 will likely NOT impact your applications at all - since most Schools still do not place much value on that sub-score of the Official GMAT. That having been said, if you'd like to know how an individual Program views the IR score, then you can contact that Program and ask.

Beyond that, it's certainly possible that if your Test 'crashed' DURING the IR section, then an error may have occurred in your IR scoring. If the crash occurred BEFORE you started the IR section though, then the issue becomes a bit less clear (and an 'error' probably less likely). You can certainly file a formal complaint, but it's probable that all of this will ultimately be a non-factor in your applications.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Thank you for this explanation. I will retake a test and improve my score further. Until now I haven't finished the OG.
Your point about the IR score is very interesting. Although I am pretty sure that I had half of answers right, still my performance is also a question due to the stress created by the connection failure.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22041 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Wow, that stinks. I agree that you could complain; however, doing so won’t change your score, so I think it’s a good idea to focus your energy on your retake. If you need any advice regarding your study plan, feel free to reach out.

Good luck!
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you experienced issues during your GMAT exam. Please contact us at customercare@mba.com so we can review your case.
GMAT Club Bot