It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 15:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to Improve Verbal from V30 to V40

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 795 [1], given: 64

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
How to Improve Verbal from V30 to V40 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2017, 11:40
This post received
KUDOS
Amit989 wrote:
Hi Souvik,

Thanks for such a wonderful explanation. :lol:

Needed a quick clarification : My verbal score has been hovering around 20's (23-28) in the last 2 GMAT preps. However when I have a detailed look at the performance tab my individual scores dont look that bad (CR-42 percentile RC-39 and SC-37). Was too slow and could answer only 25 questions leaving the remaining 16 unattended.
Is the overall drop in verbal score because of not answering the section completely??? Does it fall that drastically? :cry: Assuming that I continue with the same accuracy, will I be able to score above V36 in verbal ; given I complete the entire section. Should my focus now be on improving speed or am I missing fundamentals (which cud be he reason for being slow)?

Attaching the screenshot of the performance.

Excuse me for replying to the post where the basic assumption is to score above V30!

Best-
Amit

Hi Amit989 ,

Always remember that leaving even a single question will punish you very badly.

GMAC spends several dollars to prepare every question and if you leave any question unanswered, you are going to be punished by GMAC.

It is always better to mark a question incorrect than to leave it answered.

Also, to answer your other question, you need to work really hard to complete your whole test on time, else V30+ is extremely difficult.

All the best. :)

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 795 [1], given: 64

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: How to Improve Verbal from V30 to V40 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2017, 14:19
Hello Souvik,
I have been studying CR from EGMAT and my verbal score now has reached a 30-32(on Manhattan Mocks). My target is to go up 10 more points. The problem right now is timing. I am taking 3 minutes per CR question. So, I think I need more practice to bring my timing down. I think I have hit my accuracy goal but I need to do the questions within 2 minutes. Right now, I have exhausted all the material I have. Official Guide, GMAT prep and EGMAT questions. Many i did when I was not sure of the correct methods of solving CR Qs and many I did recently, but i definitely cannot use them as i remember the answers. What is your recommendation ? I need may be like a solid 100-200 or more questions with solutions that help me go from a 30 -40. I see a lot of valuable information on GMAT club. Its almost impossible to decide where to start.

Your help will be really appreciated.
Sahil

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: How to Improve Verbal from V30 to V40   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2017, 14:19

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 42 posts ] 

How to Improve Verbal from V30 to V40

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap